• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Press Y.

Comment

Of all the gaming challenges to thwart you

Comment

The pacing is so damn slow in this. Dungeons are rubbish also. Still really enjoy the battles and script but it's feeling so long.

Comment

I did a lot of grinding weekend and am now at 99 with all jobs maxed for each character. Just want it finished now, but even ignoring the side missions it's become such a slog - less interesting than the grinding! How on earth no-one felt the need to intervene for the later parts of the game is totally beyond me.

Comment

I'm finding the story more and more compelling as I progress. Chapter 5 could, and should, be considered padding, but I'm happy with the story warp that's gone along with it.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
              I did a lot of grinding weekend and am now at 99 with all jobs maxed for each character. Just want it finished now, but even ignoring the side missions it's become such a slog - less interesting than the grinding! How on earth no-one felt the need to intervene for the later parts of the game is totally beyond me.
              Yet, like Xenoblade it's being lauded because there is nothing else in the genre that's been much cop for years!

Comment

ffs, I was just fighting one of the village bosses in this for like 20mins and the system crashed.... I think I have had enough now :P

Comment

I put it down to easy. Game is a dull grindfest.

Comment

Yeah, this game is fun... to some extent. The music is wonderful (the special move music is out of place and ruins the battle tune), and the world is magical! ... Actually the music reminds me a bit of Ni no Kuni. Using and changing the multitude of job classes is fun and makes the game varied. I do find it that there are plenty of useless classes. I don't see myself using 'The Merchant' class any time soon. Maybe just for completion's sake I'll max it later. However, the battles get boring quite quick and very tedious. Fortunately you can speed up the battles and use the auto feature. Unfortunately the auto-feature is flawed. I could win battles just fine with mere physical attacks but the mages can't help but attack with their magic depleting MP. The worst part are the White Mages using cure magic when my party doesn't need it. The boss battles are fun, and have been challenging. Also, Thank god for the encounter-rate change feature. Eh... I'm dreading the end-game slogfest. People say it ruins the game. Until then, I'm off to Fire land.
                    Last edited by danholo; 12-02-2014, 18:33.

Comment

So, as someone who absolutely loathes grinding and meaningless filler in RPGs, it sounds like I should probably give this a pass, yeah?

I love Suikoden for example which I finished in about 20 hours, no needless padding and no need to grind (bit too easy though maybe), this sounds like it's a total opposite to it.

I just don't have the patience to keep doing random encounters/over-long dungeons for 70 hours anymore...

Comment

Yes, stay away. This really is a run of the mill traditional Final Fantasy game. You won't survive the game without grinding IMO. On the other hand, I'm playing on normal.

Comment

To be clear, I think this game is fantastic up until chapter 5 - beyond that point it really drops the ball though.

Comment

Chapter 5? I'm on 3.

Guts, skip it. Dungeons are all the same bore fests and the plot advances so slow. Or play on easy.

Comment

Finished it last night - enjoyed the ending, but glad to be done with it. Hopefully they sort out the pacing for the next game, in which case it could end up being something truly special. As it stands, I still hold this in high regard but feel like it's blighted by much of the latter part of the game.

Comment

Quick question, i've just hit chapter 5 and I have heard that there are multiple endings, is it possible to get all the way to the end and easily see the other ending? Or is it something I can miss?

Comment

Working...
                                X