No announcement yet.

R: Racing Evolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it normal to find that you have about 327,000RP after the first race (after starting a New Game)?

I have a very complete Ridge Racer V save on the same memcard, it might a way of Namco rewarding me for that.

Comment

You do start with a certain amount of RP's but I don't remember it being that high.

Quick tip for gaining cash quickly, go to 1st lot of challenges in Event Omnibus, select number 57, it's a drag race, run with a very quick car (capable of a 16.1second time or better on the drag strip) and you get at least 40,000 RP's everytime you win.

Comment

Played today and have reached Chapter 5 (thats all i've done mind) Dunno bout' that handling model but it seems a bit off.
        I'll try without the ABS.
        The pit chatter is okay (it gets a bit tedious sometimes) as messages are repeated, but it adds to the atmos. no doubt.

Has the typical Namco sheen, with nice graphics, NO pop-up or texture skipping (ala GT4) but i missed the first installment of Ridge Racer on PS2 so will have to try and get used to the handing model again.
        The scene where you see the whole track is nothing short of stunning. You've never seen anything like it on a PS2. The whole goddam track, seen from the sky (were talking seriously polys here, not a Ace Combat styled large Texture map)

The replays were nice and wobbled well and theres seemingly more excitement then GT Prolog but i think its because of the chatter more then anything. Only playing on normal so i'm not exactly going hardcore on this one.

It makes me want to buy GT4 IMHO.

Comment

Logitech themselves.
          It is a bit annoying though that the pedals are more expensive than the wheel itself though, if you get that bargain HMV offer

Comment

Originally posted by davidholliss
            Quick tip for gaining cash quickly, go to 1st lot of challenges in Event Omnibus, select number 57, it's a drag race, run with a very quick car (capable of a 16.1second time or better on the drag strip) and you get at least 40,000 RP's everytime you win.

Don't do this -- if you want RP quickly, get into Vs. Race #7 and win the drag race (16 second cars will do, the Exp 8 or whatever). You get 100000 RP for winning any of those events, but obviously the drag is quicker to win You'll also get the rival cars in the v2 races (check out Vialli's Infineon Audi R8 with 647ps/74.9kgm @ 882kg -- shame it can't be modded ).

Comment

Mobius you do start with 300,000 exactly.

Marklar, I found that one about the drag racing also, can be a difficult race to win though unless your in a really fast car, it can be fidly in the Drag car trying to go between the other cars and press up to get the Nitro boost at the same time, great way to gain RP's though

David

Comment

Originally posted by Afterbirth
                i missed the first installment of Ridge Racer on PS2 so will have to try and get used to the handing model again
                It's absolutely nothing like the handling model in RRV, so no worries there. In RRV, you oversteer the instant you back off from the accelerator mid corner and the oversteer is very easy to control. In evolution, the oversteer is much harder to provoke and control.

Comment

Just completed story mode on Normal n did not find it that challenging. Is hard that hard? Am i right in thinkin Arcade mode has no difficulty setting, cus i want to stick it on hard? Played a bit of event omnibus which is cool, but does it give u any extra fmv or anythin, when u win an event or just RP? Cus i loved the fmvs in story mode they kept me goin. P.S in true Namco style i thought the end song when story mode ws done is brilliant.

Comment

If you didn't find it challenging on "normal", then stick it on hard man! It's worth replaying the chapters (you can select them now) to unlock additional cars. It's still not that difficult though... that's what Event Omnibus is for (well, mostly!)

In EO, you get more cars basically and additional RPs but it depends on what events you're doing. No more FMV as far as I know, although there are some demo races in the Collection to view (check out the powersliding one, awesome... note to self: practice powersliding more). You can watch the end sequence bit again too, with that brill music

Then, when you're done, come join that time trail thread... 8)

Comment

I got my Gamecube copy yesterday and have been impressed so far with it, only done up to chapter 12 in the story mode so far but plan on playing some more tonight

Comment

I'm having trouble with the drag race on Racing Life.
                        For some reason I don't move when I accelerate and after a few seconds it says failed, what do I have to do?
                        I have the Japanese version and the screen mentions GO in some japanese text on the screen, but READY or GO are never announced at the start of the race.

I hope someone can help me

Comment

Look at the lights to the sides, they are the key. And something to do with holding the brake button and releasing on green.

Comment

Thanks,
                            I found out that you need to hold brake and accelerate at the same time and then release brake when the lights go green

Comment

Just received the GameCube version in the post yesterday - nothing short of addictive and I'm up to Chapter 10 already!

I love this game... I haven't even touched the PacMan Bonus Disc yet!

Only 22.something % revealed - this game is massive!

Comment

I finally got my Cube copy off Goblin (note to Goblin: TELL your customers your stock is stuck in customs BEFORE they order), and I'm having mixed thoughts.

Its fantastically presented, works a treat with my wheel and pedals, has lovely music and the event mode is nicely thought out. I'm finding it incredibly boring though, and I don't know why. Within two hours, I went back to F-zero GX. Just arsing about on that was more fun.

I want to love R:Racing, I really do. Maybe if I had got it when I ordered it (three weeks ago), my enthusiasm might be there, but its not. Alot of it feels like a chore. Its a bit slow for my liking at the moment (I've been spoiled by Sega), but I'm sure the speed will pick up once I get better cars. Right?

Nice CGI cleavage though.

Comment

Working...
                                X