No announcement yet.

R: Racing Evolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else loving the soundtrack to this game btw? Wasn't sure about it at first, but that's just because the engine volume is far too loud by default and couldn't hear it properly. NAMCO's sound team have delivered the goods again though, with a great mixture of styles from Uplifting dance/trance thru house and even some latin sounding stuff. I've always like the Ridge soundtracks in the past, and I'm enjoying this one too.

Track 6 - "Rising". Great racing music. Here's a SAMPLE (1:45).

Comment

got the gamecube version this morning, and just had an hour with the game so far.
      i'm really liking it, with the exeption of...Brake assist
      anybody point me where to turn it off?

Comment

Originally posted by Fuddle
        got the gamecube version this morning, and just had an hour with the game so far.
        i'm really liking it, with the exeption of...Brake assist
        anybody point me where to turn it off?
        The option screen just before you actually race (the one with car select at the top). There is an option on there that has 2 settings, both Japanese. That is the Brake Assist. Yopu want the lower of the two settings.

Switch BA off immediately. The game really comes into it's own once you've done that. You may want to turn the ABS down a little too, as it's a bit tricky on it's default max setting imo.

Comment

I had the same problem..... Doh!!!!!

Thanks to Vaipon, im all sorted now.

Comment

The other option on that same screen that you may be stuck on is the one with 3 possible selections. That's "skill level". If you play it on the easy setting, you will only get a bronze medal for completion of that stage. It's piss-easy on "easy" though, so you'll want to play on at least normal.

Comment

thanks for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Vaipon
                Track 6 - "Rising". Great racing music. Here's a SAMPLE (1:45).
                Yes! I like, can't wait..

Comment

Originally posted by bowser123
                  A nice little video and screen shots here, good for us Mac users who don't get a picture on Marcus' vids. It's Quicktime and shows a mixture of in game footage, replays and cut scenes.
                  if your not getting a picture you need to trash your Windows Media Viewer and download the latest one.

Problem solved.

Comment

Got mine this morning and managed to sneak an hour in before uni. So far i love the tracks ive raced on and the music is top notch. Im amazed at the sensitivity of the control, what i thought was the GC left analog sticks deadzone actually isnt and pushing it ever so slightly effects the steering which is quite impressive.
                    I bought it not expecting much and im pleasantly surprised.

Comment

I have it on xbox but every time I play the racing life mode I don't know how to save so I don't have to re-start again. Is there an auto save option?

I have looked in the options menu but couldn't find one.

Cheers

Love the music aswell!

Iain

Comment

Originally posted by IainGamer
                        I have it on xbox but every time I play the racing life mode I don't know how to save so I don't have to re-start again. Is there an auto save option?

I have looked in the options menu but couldn't find one.

Cheers

Love the music aswell!

Iain
                        main menu. second to bottom option.

once on the save/load screen, top option is save, bottom option is load

there is no auto save unfortunately.

Yes. The music rocks.

Comment

Can someone do that Menu Translation thing for this please?

Total Jap

Comment

Cheers Vaipon

One last question, I am confused how the racing life option works.

Sometimes after each race you get a cut scene and then go onto one or two rounds etc but I have reached round 4 and cant move on.

The screen has 4 options and each one either takes me back to that round or the main menu, or saves a replay?

Presumably I need to score a lap time or something?

Cheers

Iain

Comment

What's the deal with Scoring Pac Man Vs when you get this? Nintendo's site is buggered.

Comment

Originally posted by IainGamer
                                Sometimes after each race you get a cut scene and then go onto one or two rounds etc but I have reached round 4 and cant move on.
                                not sure wether its round 4 or not, but there is one where you have team orders, and must come 2nd.
                                maybe its that one.
                                the first time i did it and won, and couldnt continue....next time i could hear them on the radio telling me to just get 2nd.

RE: Pacman....its in the case...like the biohazard slightly bigger double disc box.

Comment

Working...
                                X