No announcement yet.

Earth Defense Force 2025 (360/PS3) review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will team up with you Robster...and all other low level grunts. Had no time to play it so have only done the first 3 levels. Can't be arsed with the grind solo either tbh, mp or nothing.

Work has calmed down a bit now though so will hopefully be able to join the fun (belatedly)

Comment

Although I need to stop playing until quite so late, I'm still fine to play this.

As long as people keep playing this, I'm going to be happy. They might as well not bother releasing any other games this year!
      I've still not done all the normal levels, let alone the harder settings, and I've not touched the other three classes so there's plenty more to do.

Mini Kitty played brilliantly! I could see her zipping about the city taking out the wasps.

As for the LEGION OF MONSTERS, I'm still not at the level cap yet, and I don't have any weapons that are restricted on normal, so I must have some tougher weapons on their way that'll help on this level. That spider nest level gave me some tasty new kit on Inferno, including some tougher turrets, so I can't wait to see what else is on the way.

I'm hoping to get the solar defence cannon from Akira eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Loftgroover View Post
        I will team up with you Robster...and all other low level grunts. Had no time to play it so have only done the first 3 levels. Can't be arsed with the grind solo either tbh, mp or nothing.

Work has calmed down a bit now though so will hopefully be able to join the fun (belatedly)
        Boooooooop!

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        Although I need to stop playing until quite so late, I'm still fine to play this.

As long as people keep playing this, I'm going to be happy. They might as well not bother releasing any other games this year!
        I've still not done all the normal levels, let alone the harder settings, and I've not touched the other three classes so there's plenty more to do.

Mini Kitty played brilliantly! I could see her zipping about the city taking out the wasps.

As for the LEGION OF MONSTERS, I'm still not at the level cap yet, and I don't have any weapons that are restricted on normal, so I must have some tougher weapons on their way that'll help on this level. That spider nest level gave me some tasty new kit on Inferno, including some tougher turrets, so I can't wait to see what else is on the way.

I'm hoping to get the solar defence cannon from Akira eventually.
        With the Air Raider's key strength being a supporting character, I've never expected him to be an in the fray killing machine? We need to do some investigative work into the inner working of the bread knife techniques to make the most of the EDF sandwich maker. Only then can we create a sandwich better than Kevin Bacon's?

If enemies took damage from friendly jizz, you could use blow up dolls on the big ones? Then we could all watch as you get your machine out or even get your chopper up, then at the last minute shoot over the last one... innuendo much!?

Comment

I'll join the low-level grunts as well. I don't seem to be able to clear Mission 55: Crazy Skies on Normal so I might as well try something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Katsujinken View Post
            Boooooooop!

With the Air Raider's key strength being a supporting character, I've never expected him to be an in the fray killing machine? We need to do some investigative work into the inner working of the bread knife techniques to make the most of the EDF sandwich maker. Only then can we create a sandwich better than Kevin Bacon's…

If enemies took damage from friendly jizz, you could use blow up dolls on the big ones? Then we could all watch as you get your machine out or even get your chopper up, then at the last minute shoot over the last one... innuendo much!?
            I'm loving the tactical options this game gives you.

On that spider level, I have a gun that shoots health to individual players. LEGION OF MONSTERS is far too frenetic to get a lock, but that might work here and may allow me to reload it, unlike the health post.

Yeah, we could try decoys to see if it'll buy us a little more time. Good thinking. I just wish I could heal, boost attacks, use turrets and air strikes at the same time, but that's where strategy comes in, I guess.

Comment

I intend to be into this multiplayer lark for the long haul as I adore the series and have poured so much time into the previous games in the series. I've only played maybe the first 30-40 levels so far in a mix of normal and hard. I tried a headset for the first time ever and katsu will attest that it was a less than stellar debut. He could hear me but I could barely hear him at all. Tinkering with the volume and settings didn't help. How is one supposed to use both headpones and the rubbish headset that comes with 360 consoles? I feel like I'm on life support with all the wires coming out of me.

Comment

A family in Staffordshire had to call in pest control after finding hundreds of ‘deadly’ spiders in a pack of bananas they bought from a local shop.

Comment

Should have called 0800-546, 0800-EDF

Comment

Saps. They should've whipped out their Lysanders and blasted those bananas to bits.

Comment

Wing Diver All Normal stage COMPLETE! Thanks to VP and QC for enduring LEGION OF MONSTERS with me again, my new plan was the successful!

Comment

Having a railgun tank from the off didn't hurt either!

Comment

I'm joining the EDF this very eve, on my PS3 lonesome...what's a good class for a total noob? Does it matter? I'm fancying the wing diver and the one who calls in mechs, etc., or maybe the tank class...don't fancy the vanilla ranger, though.

Comment

The 'vanilla' Ranger is a good choice for playing solo, especially if you're a noob. The Wing Diver is also a solid choice. Her weapons are a bit different but her mobility is unmatched. I'd leave the other two classes for when you're a bit more experienced with the game, though. The Air Raider is a bit of a support class and better suited for co-op play. The Fencer is a slow-moving tank which can carry more weapons, though I'd bet you'd have to learn how to survive being swarmed very often.

Comment

Thanks Deuteros, I may try Wing Diver, then.

Comment

Looks like the third mission pack is now available Stateside. Dunno when we'll get it.

Comment

Working...
                                X