Dark Souls 2 [360, PS3, PC] Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know

if there's a higher point in ringing Belfry Luna's and Sol's bells, beside from asking for PvP?

Comment

After beating

baneful queen - which I found quite tricky even without being knee deep in poison - I stuck my sign down there for some jolly coop soul farming. Host had the chamber still full of poison so three of us got dicked by the queen. When I told him how to drain he said he'd done it but it was glitched

. Major bummer, that.

Also, found a wonderfully cheap way to farm

the lionmen in misty ruins: just kite them all round to the ruin leading down to scorpion guy and they'll usually get jammed in the doorway.

I know they're not that hard in themselves but I always enjoy cheesing Souls games.
      Last edited by Golgo; 28-03-2014, 07:32.

Comment

If you want good farming, stick a jolly summon sign down at the start of

Iron Keep

. Each run to the

Smelter Demon

boss will net you about 10,000 souls and if you take down the boss you'll get 6000. Stick all the bonus souls items on for extra. That boss gives people a lot of trouble so you should get summoned quickly.

Comment

FInding it really hard to get summoned for the last 7 days. I used to get summoned within minutes (if not seconds) at the second bonfire at Lost Bastille. Not sure if it's because I'm at level 97 or because of the latest patch.

Comment

Just got to keep so will try that, Chopemon.
            @ ZakiMatar: summoning seems fixed for me after misfiring for a few days.

Comment

Summoning (on the PS3) definitely works. Got a

Pharros lockstone in the wrong place and I keep getting summoned as a Gray Phantom in the Grave of Saints and Door to Pharros. It's getting quite frustrating, because in the invaded world, your opponents AI enemies go after you!

Comment

Yeah, without the poison that fight is really easy with the NPC the fight takes all of 20 secs.

In regards to one of the covenants

can you get another dragon egg in order to join the dragon covernaut I gave mine to the crows.

Golgo you're not the only one who thinking that NPC is a pain to find, far more hidden than any in the first game.

Most of the bosses really do suck this time around and two many of them are just a character with a sword or a sword and shield, the last three bosses I faced I only died the once between all three.

On quite a linear path right now

Shrine of Amana is proving to be very boring, just beat the rather easy and rubblish looking Demon of Song, hoping the game picks up now.

Comment

The bosses definitely don't have the 'holy **** you've got to be kidding me!' factor of the earlier games. The only boss that's really felt like a Souls boss so far (maybe I'm not far in, only done eight or nine or so) is the one I tried to run away screaming from and have never yet gone back:

chariot guy

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                    The bosses definitely don't have the 'holy **** you've got to be kidding me!' factor of the earlier games. The only boss that's really felt like a Souls boss so far (maybe I'm not far in, only done eight or nine or so) is the one I tried to run away screaming from and have never yet gone back:

chariot guy

Ah, once you get rid of

the two Necromancers, you can cheese the Executioner's Chariot with a bow and a lot of arrows

Comment

Thought so. I splatted one of them. I do like the design for

necromancer hags in this actually, as it's an example of a character design they didn't actually recycle. Looks like the witch out of Cauldron on C64.

Comment

^ Probably my favourite boss so far, that guy.

Agree that the designs don't conjure the same levels of dread brought on in the first two games. One design did freak the bejeezers out of me,

The Demon of Song

, but I've actually beat a hefty percentage of them first time and I'm bounding through those mist walls like a brazen mo' fo'.

Comment

Yeah that's one of the better boss Golgo mentioned, getting near the end now.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
                            If you want good farming, stick a jolly summon sign down at the start of

Iron Keep

. Each run to the

Smelter Demon

boss will net you about 10,000 souls and if you take down the boss you'll get 6000. Stick all the bonus souls items on for extra. That boss gives people a lot of trouble so you should get summoned quickly.
                            Best advice so far! SL 135! (pure mage)

Comment

Discovered two nifty items:

Havel's Greatshield (straight from DS1) and the Black Knight Greatsword

. Both items are above my stats

(the shield requires 45 STR, the sword 12 in FTH and INT!)

, so I started a little soul run in the

Iron Keep...hey, that's a second Pursuer in the Smelter Demon's room! But this time I had his shield, so the only attack that really mattered was the curse lunge..which it spammed. And only 6k souls when it's defeated. Boooh.

Comment

Finished this earlier. Wasn't as good as Dark Souls for me as some unimaginative boss design and a feeling of d?j? vu in some areas held it back. I found that some if the areas in this felt a little cheaper than before- such as areas where there were no items but no actual way out other than killing yourself.

Still better than 99% of the dross out there though!

Comment

Working...
                                X