No announcement yet.

Dark Souls 2 [360, PS3, PC] Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holding out for PC version. My body is ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Supergoal View Post
      Holding out for PC version. My body is ready.
      Almost finished as a mage on PS3 - will start again on PC as a melee class I love this game so much!

Comment

I have a strong urge to buy a PS3 and platinum it. If only it was on PS4.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

What? You don't have a ps3?

Comment

Quite Jon. PS4, Vita 2000 and Vita TV only unfortunately.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I saw one in the trading forum for one hundred pounds. One of those new ones too. 500gb. Looks like a good deal.

Comment

I can't deal with the O and X swappage though. I recently tested Big Fest at SCEE HQ, and I kept cancelling out. Jaja. There's a Zandatsu Super Slim going for ?150 nearby, so I might go for that. I can get the Asian DS2 for ?25ish too. I'll mull it over. You can use a cable'd DS4 right?
                Last edited by J0e Musashi; 09-04-2014, 19:00.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

C'mon J0e, you'd drop a tonne on a pair of trainers in a heartbeat.

They'd probably look like something Bertie Bassett would sick up too.

Circa 1993.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                    Ah, never realised there were that many bosses. I guess the lack of an animated intro realy hurts what you percieve as "boss".
                    Yeah the lack of cutscenes was a real shame, many of the fights lost out on the OMG factor as you watch the scene.

List came from:

And includes all the enemies with mass health bar at the bottom of the screen.

I have a question for anyone who finished the game does the game end as soon as you kill the final boss or can you retour areas?

Nerf souls 2 incomming to: http://darksouls2.wikidot.com/game-patches
                    Last edited by S3M; 09-04-2014, 21:54. Reason: Patch info added

Comment

You start NG+

by selecting the appropiate option when resting at the bonfire in Majula.

Less health

on the ninja with the Flexi Sentinel in NG+? That could make the battle manageable Still haven't reached the Lost Sinner, but that looks easier due to the larger arena.

Comment

So the new patch 1.03 is now out on all regions... Apparently the fuxed a lot of bugs... Including some additional 'nerfing' of enemies...

glad they have added some text to the coffin part in betwixt, I'm still clueless about what that thing does...

EDIT: didn't see S3M's post above... my bad... Just wanted to join the party...

Comment

Finally finished it last night, OMG that last boss is terrible and so easy beat, killed it without taking a hit! Finally jumped online now that I've beaten the game solo.

What I've seen so far online is much improved from previous games, but still has a long way to go, why you can't do split screen I'll never know. Still a lot of waiting around and the match making is as funky as ever, 10 level either way my arse, I did two arena matches where I killed the guys in three hits, they were no where close to my soul level.

I'll give a more detailed breakdown of the game later, but to sum it up it's a decent but not great expansion pack, it's not a sequel so to speak. Watching the credits I see most of the game was outsourced and I suspect Darks Souls III will be arriving on Next Gen quicker than we suspect.

Some very bad design decision make it a much weaker game than the previous two, so I'll stick with my original score of 7/10, if you like Souls you'll love this, but some rather hit and miss balancing make it very hard for new players to pick up.

Comment

At least NG+ keeps things interesting: on my way to the first boss of the land of sun and smiles (

Brightstone Cove Tseldora

), the

Duke's Dear Freja pops up, although it retreats after being hit once.

I don't particularly like

the overabundance of black phantoms, but at least playthroughs don't seem so similar to one another.

Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 12-04-2014, 21:24. Reason: corrected location name

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                              At least NG+ keeps things interesting: on my way to the first boss of the land of sun and smiles (

Brightstone Cove Telsedora

), the

Duke's Dear Freja pops up, although it retreats after being hit once.

I don't particularly like

the overabundance of black phantoms, but at least playthroughs don't seem so similar to one another.
                              Reading up on NG+ seems like a lot of items and equipment don't appear till the second playthrough. However I just don't have any interest in replaying it now, I think I'll finish off the first game again as I never did got to the DLC.

I may replay new game plus when I can video the whole run, but really not fussed right now as I just don't want to do the slog through DS2 again, it had it's moments but just not as fun as the previous games. Plus just having

hundreds of phantoms attack you sounds like they ran out of ideas and puts me off some what.

It may just be me but I swear the new patches have tweak the lighting in a few areas or on the character, certainly the cat seems more animated.

In multiplayer what are you guys finding the best boss to get summon for? Looking to max by summon kills to help other players.
                              Last edited by S3M; 12-04-2014, 21:07.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
                                I may replay new game plus when I can video the whole run, but really not fussed right now as I just don't want to do the slog through DS2 again, it had it's moments but just not as fun as the previous games.
                                Yeah, this is something I noticed as well. Some weapons and armours never dropped in NG, while they are quite common in NG+. I'm doing a second cycle because I need to record all cutscenes, but I'm finding this kinda boring.

Originally posted by S3M View Post
                                In multiplayer what are you guys finding the best boss to get summon for? Looking to max by summon kills to help other players.

Flexi Sentinel, Ruin Sentinels, Lost Sinner, Smelter Demon, Nashandra. Maybe the Belfry Gargoyles, but I don't know if you can summon help in the two Belfry locations.

Comment

Working...
                                X