Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got down the well.

Originally posted by Silvergun X View Post

Buy the Silvercat Ring from the Cat NPC in Majula.
    Didn't work it's depends on your character stats I already had said item and had tried falling down the well and died even with it equiped and full health.

Strangely enough you can also unlock

Flying Feline Boots for the cat to sell which also reduce your fall damage not sure how as they only just unlocked after I survived the fall.

Comment

xbox is still 1.01,

Got to favourite place so far -

Aldia's Keep, definitely getting resident evil vibes along with the experiments and caged monster around the labs like some sort of umbrella run place, even had some very unexpected (and great) events that haven't involved a boss yet. Didn't like npc there

---

to so I killed him... he was giving very traitorous remarks if i was hollow instead of human which gave me flashbacks to the murderer from DS1... loved the crazily spread miss-mash of messages on the floor around his cell switch that had to be dev planted and not player based.

Dying lot now on this later levels, if don't catch a blow on the shield or dodge its half my HP gone and I don't feel I could improve it with defence upgrades. Just about keeping my weight at 69,9% for the standard roll, sometimes a ring change puts me over and noticed fatman roll has much faster recovery with the 20 points in to Adaptability.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
        Finally got down the well.

Didn't work it's depends on your character stats I already had said item and had tried falling down the well and died even with it equiped and full health.

Strangely enough you can also unlock

Flying Feline Boots for the cat to sell which also reduce your fall damage not sure how as they only just unlocked after I survived the fall.
        There are other options, but like you I made it down it with just the ring 1st time, can't remember how much HP, was just surviving each drop with a lick of HP. Later found

the lionmen past the fog forest into shaded forest drop gear that stack with fall damage, and a npc in old iron sold a jester kit with it on to. And Earthen Peak had an npc that sold ladders to get you down without any boss fights needed along the way.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
          Can't seem to summon since downloading this latest 1.02 patch. Anyone else?
          Yeah I get 'server error' when trying to lay down white soapstone so something's up.

Comment

i am stuck with the Pursuer boss. i levelled my Knight to level 45 and use the Giants Ring but still don't stand a chance. i've already invested more tries than with Ornstein & Smough in Dark Souls...

honestly i really don't see how this game is supposed to be any more accessible if they throw early bosses at you that are easily in the same league with Dark Souls end boss Gwyn in terms of difficulty.
            Last edited by Uli; 21-03-2014, 02:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
              i am stuck with the Pursuer boss. i levelled my Knight to level 45 and use the Giants Ring but still don't stand a chance. i've already invested more tries than with Ornstein & Smough in Dark Souls...
              I summoned an ally to get the Pursuer down...what might help for a melee build: get the lighting longsword from the Heidi Knight in the Forest of Fallen Giants (the asleep white knight) or the lighting spear in the Lost Bastille (you'll have to enter from the Fire Tower side). Stay close and constantly circle him, and hope this triggers the forward lunge attack; if not, retreat by rolling away. A stable shield probably helps more than rolling, but so far, no luck in finding a good metal shield.

Comment

I managed to melee pursuer and I've got a wussy miracle build. All you need

is lock-on at all times and two-handed on your strongest weapon, roll sideways when he dashes, bash him once or twice (as much as you can safely), then back away, rinse and repeat. No need to bother with shield. Only heal - if needed - after he does triple swipe or curse lunge (sword turns blue), as only they give you enough window.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                  There are other options, but like you I made it down it with just the ring 1st time, can't remember how much HP, was just surviving each drop with a lick of HP. Later found

the lionmen past the fog forest into shaded forest drop gear that stack with fall damage, and a npc in old iron sold a jester kit with it on to. And Earthen Peak had an npc that sold ladders to get you down without any boss fights needed along the way.

Interesting so there

is a ladder you can buy, I was wondering how you would get down if you didn't level your character, the full armour sets you mention will also likely make you survive the fall. In case anyone is wondering it took me to around level 100 to survive the fall with just the cat ring on, not sure which stat you need to increase to reduce fall damage.

In regards to the 1.02 PS3 patch looks like summoning is broken on PS3 at least for now From Software were running server maintenance yesterday and may have broken something at their end and if so should be able to fix it in a day or two. If not it will be around two weeks to patch it due to Sony's lead times, unless Sony let them do a emergency patch.

Also as a warning to all fellow members there appears to be a non-progression in Drangleic Castle:
                  Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Video's description explains the problem but be aware of this pit fall.

I killed the Pursuer as my second boss, but he is a high tier boss and far harder than the three I fought yesterday and should be left to later on in the game. Best way to defeat him is to

have an ally shot him with the crossbows in the battle if you're playing with allies or if you're playing solo, circle around him via his shield arm to the right, he's right handed and most of the time when he attacks you he swings from his right to left, stay close and keep your shield up and almost all his attacks will miss you and you'll be able to get behind him with easy.

Avoid fighting at mid range as he'll crush your guard if you do, if his sword turns blue roll or back away very quickly, also never attack him if it would exhaust your stamina as you'll need to keep your shield up when ever he is in front of you.

This tactic helped me defeat most of the bosses so far.

Last edited by S3M; 21-03-2014, 09:33.

Comment

Just to let you guys know, without spoiling anything. The last few areas are insanely hard on this game, so be ready for that. Still have not finished it yet as im now down to a snails pace. By the look of things you guys still have about 50-65% of the game still to go. it seems a lot larger than the first game by some way ( to me at least anyway)

A top tip, get Agility up so you can do the old evasion roll like in Demon, Dark 1. Have mine on 14, and seems to be a sweet spot.

Oh and, Good luck.....

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
                      I cheesed The Pursuer somewhat by making use of (spoilery hint)

an interactive bit of scenery - which you can see before entering the fight if you look from the top of the stairs to the right of the mist.

Full on spoiler:

You can fire the massive crossbow at the far end of the area at him. I was expecting a quarter to maybe half health taken off him. But it just nailed him outright.

Almost disappointingly easy but it's there if you're really struggling.

Probably lost a few man points by admitting that, but I intend to fight him toe-to-toe on NG+!

Comment

My pro-tip for that boss is to always roll to his right when he comes for you.

Comment

Although it's fairly well disguised the structure of this seems a lot more like Demons in that you go off, do a level (perhaps in a totally discrete/cut off area like

Bastille

), and then you come back. It's much less coherent as a place to explore than the dense tangle of areas all looping back around, under and over each other in Dark 1, for me anyway. Still greatly enjoying it, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                            It's much less coherent as a place to explore than the dense tangle of areas all looping back around, under and over each other in Dark 1, for me anyway.
                            I actually found Dark 1 somewhat incoherent. The world folded in on itself in a strange, almost silly way. Like it was designed by a madman. Perhaps that was the point. What I liked about Demon's is that you had a hub and the five worlds were distinct, each their own realm which folded in on itself. The folding there made sense. You fight around the castle, then the gate is opened. Then you travel to the castle's end and along the wall, and so on.

In Dark 1, one moment I'm in the

sewers, the next I'm by a forest, then a crystal cave, then I'm next to a church.

Comment

Well, I enjoyed that unhinged, almost hallucinatory weaving together of areas. It did feel mad, I agree, but practically every character in the game was a raving loony too. Thought it was great how you'd wander and get lost for hours then find you've been led back to a place you knew and felt safe in. Anyway you might like Dark 2. It's basically lots of discrete levels linked with bonfire zapping and a central hub. Kind of a fudge, 'geographically', between Demons and Dark 1.
                              Last edited by Golgo; 21-03-2014, 09:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                                Well, I enjoyed that unhinged, almost hallucinatory weaving together of areas. It did feel mad, I agree, but practically every character in the game was a raving loony too. You might like Dark 2. It's basically lots of discrete levels linked with bonfire zapping and a central hub.
                                Agreed. Some of my favourite moments in the original were when a level folded back in on itself, or it brought me to a familiar area I'd up to then felt I was miles away from. I miss things like being able to see where I'd been hours before too - Like looking up at the Undead Burg from Darkroot Basin, or being able to see The Duke's Archives from Anor Londo. DS1 was beautifully stacked and interwoven, this feels very flat by comparison.

It's still flipping great though. Jump in Sketcz!

Comment

Working...
                                X