No announcement yet.

INFAMOUS SECOND SON review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You jerks have convinced me to buy this now...only shop near here is Game too so I hate each of you 15% more than usual (in line with their prices).

Comment

At 40%, have been spending lots of time grinding outside the story, simply because I enjoy the powers and ragging around the city so much! GTA meets Mirrors Edge meets Heroes TV series. I can't quite understand how they got the game to look so good, but regardless what lies under the visual spectical is an interesting game. I bonded with the character very quickly and enjoy playing the good guy, as it takes skill not to hurt any bystanders. Despite being such an obvious graphics showpiece, it should be said this is very much a "gamers" game. It takes skill and feels very much like casual gamers were not the target audience. The sounds and music also are quite simply incredible. I took my headset off as I though something was wrong in the house, only to realise it was the game's ambient sounds!

I have now received the second power from the story and believe me when I say, if you thought it looked good before, you are going to be blown away at the 7 hour mark!

Uli asked if the game was worth a PS4 . If you are just into FPS type games then no, absolutely not. But if you want a crazy free running, magical, sci-fi fantasy third person open world game, then yes!

Final thing I'd say is the sub culture and free running thing, it almost feels like a game like "Skate" where just the physics and moving around are fun. I find myself zooming about and then just balancing on a sign post or ledge, looking at the world going past. Incredible stuff.

Comment

I think that the magical thing of this game,you can spend hours exploring and collecting things

Comment

Amazed how well it plays with PSVita, great to sneak in a quick side mission on the couch!

good mapping of controls for R2 and L2 on front screen. Odd to have the game on mobile! Next gen is fun

Comment

Just got my 3rd set of powers following an overlong section that almost killed my enjoyment of the game. Hopefully from here on in it gets back to normal as it was starting to play better and even look better but went guff. Seems I'm out the other side now though.

Comment

I'm only 31% in but really enjoying it. Sure, there is the odd annoyance gameplay wise, but I'm just having fun with it, which is all I ever ask for in a game really.

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
                Uli asked if the game was worth a PS4 . If you are just into FPS type games then no, absolutely not. But if you want a crazy free running, magical, sci-fi fantasy third person open world game, then yes!
                "GTA meets Mirror's Edge meets Heroes" is a great roundup Matt, especially since i really like all parts of it. i will keep and eye out for PS4 deals - that i promise!

the cross play on PS Vita is really awesome too. maybe i should wait for the inevitable PS4+Vita bundle...

enjoy the game mate!

Comment

63% now and still the game is keeping me hooked

Comment

48% and off to bed, christ knows how many hours I've put in to it today......

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                      48% and off to bed, christ knows how many hours I've put in to it today......
                      79% now and I've put a **** load hours in today

Comment

Does the percentage refer to a single play through or completion of both karma missions?

Comment

This totally rocks. Love the banter between Delsin and his brother. It's like the opposite of Cole and Zeke, like they're round the other way.

Love using all my powers to control mobs. Feels so epic.

I'll get shot for saying it I know but I would trade graphical effects for 60fps in this game. I really feel now that as beautiful as a game may look, and this does look beautiful, I would aim for 60fps to the detriment of almost everything.

Comment

2 things I want in this:

1. A full stats page to see playtime, distance travelled, enemies killed / subdued etc.

2. The ability to crouch behind cover like you could in the first 2 games. Unless I've missed something it doesn't seem possible to hide behind cars or low walls and pop up to inflict massive damage.

Comment

Totally agree with that Ted, point two seems especially daft at times.

Comment

Yep, odd! Also would love to see some stats.

Put far too many hours in now, so need to take a break from it for political reasons!

Comment

Working...
                                X