No announcement yet.

INFAMOUS SECOND SON review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opened my special ed today and feel robbed. It's just a thin cardboard box for the game holder and not a proper case. Even the outer box is crappy as it bends to easy. Hopefully the game will change my first impressions.

Comment

Second play through and I am less blown away by the visuals. (Amazing how quickly you get de-sensitized!)

After completing the game first time I was really taken by the whole superhero thing, the powers the incredible final climax & scored it a 10.

Now I see that there is a wonderful technical game, but the dev's didn't have time to put enough game content into the world in order to give the player more interesting and fun tasks to do in the world. The SP was good, and the missions were fun, so it mostly comes down to the lack of variety in the side missions and lack of interactivity in the game world.

Still a very solid game, high 7 pushing 8. As a technical demo and sign of things to come, 10.

Comment

I started my evil playthrough but then realised I couldn't be bothered!

Starting again without the "wow" factor started to make me notice inconsistencies in the graphics such as lack of puddle reflections, no reflection for Delsin in windows and a large amount of pop in as you approach buildings.

I'm not having a dig at the game for these things but I'm just surprised I didn't consciously notice them before.

Comment

Pop in!? Really? Still on first playthrough and haven't noticed any. Consistent with you I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
            Pop in!? Really? Still on first playthrough and haven't noticed any. Consistent with you I guess.
            Yeah, the textures of the buildings in the distance get very grainy too. I didn't notice first time either. With this, the LOU thread and Ports thread I feel deflated. I mean, what was I thinking... actually having a tonne of fun and loving it! (Instead of picking it apart and seeing the weaknesses.) The good side is my scores will be more mainstream, the bad side is I will go back to not enjoying gaming much anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
              notice inconsistencies in the graphics such as lack of puddle reflections, no reflection for Delsin in windows
              I noticed that and it quite saddened me

Comment

Originally posted by shaffy_oppa View Post
                I noticed that and it quite saddened me
                Lack of reflections at the Indian house/temple confused the hell out of me. It's not exactly next gen to have a mirror in a game, so I assumed there would be some kind of magic reason he didn't have a reflection. The puddles foot prints weren't so irritating.

Comment

I scored it an 8 because it was a bloody enjoyable experience and it is stunning to look at! The vistas are immense!!

It's just a shame that little things like reflections aren't being created. The texture pop-in I can get as the draw distance is pretty amazing.

But. It's still an amazing game!!!

Comment

Just done it. Loved it, very surprised it felt very naughty dog-ish and I liked the main guy, just a couple of tiny niggles keep it from being a 10 so its a 9 for me

Comment

Really enjoying the game, but really think people are going OTT over the graphics .. While impressive and all that It's hardly real WOW stuff imo, the GFX in Ryse leaves this game standing .

Comment

had a rip on this last night and its quite tasty - pretty much like the first two, but with very nice graphics. A very playable game. dont think its the best thing since sliced bread though.

poor options screen though - no option for hud removal/transparency or to turn pad vibration off.

frame rate is up and down like a fiddlers elbow, although its subtle.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                          had a rip on this last night and its quite tasty - pretty much like the first two, but with very nice graphics. A very playable game. dont think its the best thing since sliced bread though.

poor options screen though - no option for hud removal/transparency or to turn pad vibration off.

frame rate is up and down like a fiddlers elbow, although its subtle.
                          It seems they've been listening

Sucker Punch's latest open-world superhero epic inFamous: Second Son will be receiving an update in a couple of weeks w…

Comment

Just finished this. Absolutely brilliant! Looks and sounds amazing. A good 9, let down only by THAT boss battle.

Comment

I played a few hours of this, it's good fun. I'm enjoying getting more powerful , I'm hoping that I'll be crazy invincible by the end.

Comment

I never felt invincible at all on my good karma run...but the obliteration blast you get on the bad karma run changes that! So even on the hardest setting you are unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                                X