Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RAIDEN 4 OVERKILL review - ps3 psn review

Hi,
    After discovering that there was a new raiden 4 on ps3 psn I had to find out a little more.
    I asked around on here and looked on YouTube and found a really nice video review. That was enough to convince me to part with my sixteen pounds to buy it.
    After good hour playing with it I have to say it's bloody good, controls are tight, collision detection is great, there's lots of options and content available including the usual screen options like scale and rotate etc.
    I'm going to work now, but will keep an eye on this new thread, and I urge all shooter fans to buy this game.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

Cheers Ozzy for taking the plunge and giving us your thoughts
    I'll be definitely buying this when I get home from Cyprus,I watched a few YouTube vids and it looks like my cup of tea

Comment

I'll upload some photos layer today.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

I've bought this but haven't got to trying it yet. In honesty, I didn't get on with vanilla Raiden IV too well as all of the ships speeding down the edges of the screen just felt super cheap. Something about the feel of it as well just didn't gel either. I'll give this a shot when I get a chance though; certainly up for supporting more releases like this coming west!

Comment

for any one who has played vanilla Raiden IV, what are the differences with overkill

Comment

@ozzzy189: nice TV. what brand is it?

Comment

Sony W6 42, running in game mode - 9ms response time and scene original, which gives it a more cinema look, Netflix looks great on it. I was a pioneer plasma man previously, but this is a cracker.
                    I've been playing the bonus missions on scene select to try and get the trophies, it's a tough game even on easy! It's my favourite raiden yet.

Comment

Yeah it's a nice game. I got it immediately when it was released in the US store. I didn't have the patience to wait for the EU release. It definitely is a needed addition to the PS3 library which is sorely lacking in this particular genre.

Comment

Absolutely. Such a weird switch from the PS2 days when pretty much every decent shooter appeared on the Sony platform. I have a folder f shoot 'em ups on my PS3 HDD, there are only half a dozen, and they're all indie. Add Under Defeat to that (which tbh doesn't look much better than the DC version) and it's a surprisingly poor selection. I keep hoping someone will port all the Cave 360 shooters to PS.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X