Tomodachi Life review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomodachi Life review

In Tomodachi Life you live on an island with a bunch other Miis and some kind of life simulation happens. The Miis hang out, you buy them clothes, they sing in a band together, you do up their homes, they go on dates to the beach.

The trailer does a better of of explaining it.

You can import people's Miis into your game by scanning QR codes. I NEED YOUR QR CODES TO ADD MIIS INTO MY GAME.

Here is my QR code. Post yours. Hilarity ensues.

0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

I really want this game but need to work out some backlog issues. Keep up the impressions. I'll post my Mii later

Comment

Enjoying this a lot. Will update with impressions later...

Impressions

Was really interested in this since I heard about it. I think it is a very Japanese style game and with it being from the creators of Wario ware it has that type of quirky ness. It is not really a game as such more like a life sim. Seeing yes Miis come to life is great and especially enjoyed trying to get friends and family into the food they like or clothes they may wear in really life, fun to throw in some lively imaginary characters into the mix too. The aim of this game I believe is to unlock all the places available and the end goal get a couple to have a baby.

Really nice to see Miis interacting and when you give them a present they may use it with others Mii as well as having arguments. Interiors that you can give the Miis are quite detailed and there seems to be a lot.

As Chopemon demonstrates adding other peoples Miis to ye apartments is great fun and can make the atmosphere in the apartments different.

Not manger to Street pass anyone with this yet, but sounds interesting as you'll get presents, clothes and there Mio of you want too I think. Online alsohas this function where import products will come, so far only had a running outfit I'm sure more will come by boat though.

More to the point how do I make that QR code? Will scan you tonight if poss.
      Last edited by JU!; 12-06-2014, 21:12.

Comment

At an early point in the game you unlock the QR code option in the Town Hall. Hit that and you'll be able to scan or create. If you want to share it, scanning phone photos like mine totally works.

Comment

Is the game what you were expecting chopemon, any pleasant surprises?

Worth noting that Nintendo have said a demo of this will arrive at some point for everyone, not just some USA Club Nintendo members, quite intrigued by it.

Standard demo will be available for everyone after Tomodachi Life launches
          Select Club Nintendo members who have reached Platinum Status were recently provided with a Tomodachi Life demo code. Some fans were disappointed to have not received access, though you’ll be pleased to hear that a trial will be made available to all once the game is available. Here’s what’s planned, as described by a Nintendo customer service representative: – If...

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
            At an early point in the game you unlock the QR code option in the Town Hall. Hit that and you'll be able to scan or create. If you want to share it, scanning phone photos like mine totally works.
            Cheers not sure if I have the QR code function yet :/. Thought I'd unlocked a lot too. Ill have a check if I have it yet. Thanks for the help .

Comment

Hope that works fingers crossed. Still trying to scan yrs. Hopefully will work later when I try.

Last edited by JU!; 10-06-2014, 18:07.

Comment

That just worked for me! Got your ninja in my game.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
                  Is the game what you were expecting chopemon, any pleasant surprises?

Yep, seems to liev up to the trailer. Not played lots of it yet so haven't seen the crazier stuff, want to recruit some more Miis! If you want more Miis this site will hook you up with hell of QRs: http://www.miicharacters.com/

Comment

Here's John Ricciardi of 8-4 Play fame rap battling my girlfriend.

Comment

Excellent stuff. May have to pick this up at the weekend after all.

Comment

That just worked for me! Got your ninja in my game.
                        Glad it worked . Loving the rap battle above. I put 30 of my Miis into my game but still have space to add more Miis which is great.

Comment

Holy cow, there is a

surrealist JRPG demake that pixelates your Miis on the fly

in this.

Comment

Holy cow, there is a

surrealist JRPG demake that pixelates your Miis on the fly

in this.
                            Sounds cool can't wait to unlock, seems like heaps of things. Finally got yr QR code to work and got him in my game turns out the brightness on my phone needed turning up doh.

Comment

Anyone else picked this up? I need your Miis!

Comment

Working...
                              X