No announcement yet.

Youkai watch 2 Ganso/Honke/Shinuchi 3DS review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah so that's where the views are coming from, i thought it was only views when people were logged into the site.

More secrets i have found while playing today, i was messing about in the south part of the city when i discovered one of the buildings there was a intercom on the door that you could press the button on, after a few attempts and nobody coming to the door whisper mentions he overheard someone talking about the giant golden egg in front of the train station. Went over to investigate to find there is now an option to examine the egg & you can only do it once a day, im curious to find out what happens if you keep doing it im sure it's related to a youkai appearing as you can do something similar with the shrine in omamori mountain if you offer 100 yen into the shrine each day then after so many days a rare youkai will appear that youhave a chance of trying to become friends with.

Also bumped into a strange person on the streets, it happens randomly but some man finds you & gives you a red chest then just fades out into nothing, not sure if he is a ghost or not. But if you open the chest it puts a random curse on you, ended up saving it in my inventory but the game obviously has other plans if you choose not to open it after a set time the chest seems to open on it's own, this time it has amusing results as it bestowed the curse of uncontrollable farting on me so for the next 10 mins every step i took was accompanied by the sound of a fart & a little fart cloud coming out the back of me, all you could hear was toot toot toot toot toot toot. Glad it only lasted that long as it was starting to drive me mad after 10 mins lol.

Managed to solve the mystery sign riddle at the building site & put the correct youkai in the circle, chikara mochi was needed to invigorate a tired construction worker. After a few days it seems the work was completed as when i went back today it has turned into the sakura city sports club you can go in & battle like the battle tower in the pokemon games, you win points from battles which you can use in the gym to remodel one of your youkai changing it's stats which is a handy feature i look forward to experementing in there to see just how much i can change.

Comment

Just wondering do the ukiukipedia cards unlock things in the game or is it it's own thing?
      McDonalds seem to be doing a Happy Meal with cards from this Friday and keep meaning to try playing the ukiukipedia machine, so wondering whether it's worth it to collect a few for whenever I get around to getting the 3DS game.

Comment

The ukiukipedia arcade game is it's own totally separate game however there are 9 youkai that can be unlocked by using the passwords off certain cards as shown in the video a few posts up. There is no gaurantee that the local coin you get given off the card when you enter the password into the 3DS game will give you the youkai on the card. I have only gotten 2 of the 9 so far, it either gives you a youkai or a rare item when you put the coin into the youkai gashapon in the game.

The cards the arcade machine spits out are unique as when you play the cards will change in both listed stats & the appearance too, the arcade actually prints them out making for a lot of unique cards as it's totally down to the player on how they will look. The various cards you can find in places like magazines or given as promos have QR codes that work when you scan them into the arcade.

This is why i never bothered collecting the ukiukipedia cards as it will be near impossible to get a full set as the arcade ones are unique and totally down to the player on how they look. I decided to go with the medals as i can use those outside of Japan, the cards rely on the arcade so apart from looking nice they have no use for me here in the uk.

Comment

Thanks for the info, had thought about collecting medals at first but haven't been able to find them easily near where I live.
          The only one I really wanted as a medal was Warunyan, managed to find that one used, and not far enough into the manga/anime at the moment to know who everyone else is lol.

Ended up giving the Ukiukipedia machine a go though, quite liked the personalisation (it even records your name on the cards). It's kinda annoying how you only get one chance to take a photo, though I guess given each card is pretty much useless after you 'upgrade' it after another go it doesn't matter too much.

Some of the different cards I've gotten so far.

Comment

I'm super envious that you have access to playing the arcade hehe, if you do decide on collecting medals have a look out for the omikuji battle gashapon/arcade machine. It's free to play once you have some medals, if you scan them in & battle you have a chance of winning one of the rare orange daikichi medals, they are quite valuable at the moment you can easily sell them on for a couple of thosand yen depending on the ones you win.

As for finding places that sell them the only places i can find them is Amazon Japan or yahoo auctions. You'll have a better chance than me with been over there so you can also try your local conveni as people don't think of looking in there.
            Last edited by importaku; 04-09-2014, 13:35.

Comment

Spent this afternoon in the interlock dungeon, got quite lucky today as a lot of youki wanted to be my friends. In the dungeon there are quite a few higher level youkai so it's a good place to go. Managed to defeat the golden skeleton boss at the end for the first time, seems like you get a special coin to use in the gashapon machine that appears after you beat him, got a rubbish item out of my capsule a low level exp ball. Not exactly the kind of reward i wanted for beating a boss but you can't get lucky all the time i guess.

Doing better on the 9 local youkai, after spending ages inputting passwords off cards that have been listed online i got a massive stack of local coins to use, i managed to get 6 of the 9 local youkai & also the 9 special items used to evolve them when i merge them with the item. Need to wait 6 hours again for the gashapon machine to reappear to try for the other 3.

Still, it's been a fun session so far

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                I'm super envious that you have access to playing the arcade hehe, if you do decide on collecting medals have a look out for the omikuji battle gashapon/arcade machine. It's free to play once you have some medals, if you scan them in & battle you have a chance of winning one of the rare orange daikichi medals, they are quite valuable at the moment you can easily sell them on for a couple of thosand yen depending on the ones you win.

As for finding places that sell them the only places i can find them is Amazon Japan or yahoo auctions. You'll have a better chance than me with been over there so you can also try your local conveni as people don't think of looking in there.
                Managed to find a few medals near work last Friday, but only one pack per person. Only managed to grab two packs of the 2nd series (went there twice that day) and then they sold out by Monday. -_-
                Apparently there's a Omikuji Battle machine somewhere where I live, but judging by the website's location lists strangely they're all in shopping centres and not game centres...Tried looking for it but just got confused walking around and gave up lol.

If you do end up wanting to collect a few of the Ukiukipedia cards then it's probably a bit easier to collect the proper cards. (The cards that come out of the machine are kind of like printed out on photo paper, not quite as nice as the usual carddass cards imo.) I think there are quite a few different sets depending on the way it's being sold. So far I've managed to collect a full set of the first series of cards that come with wafers (only 12 cards in the set, though blind packaged), and recently they released something called the ゾクゾクパック which come with a random set of three cards (One out of the 3 is guaranteed to be an A rank, so you can get some decent cards easily).

Just had my first boss battle yesterday, seems like you have to play a certain amount of times (collecting a stamp each time) until it unlocks it. Also randomly you can encounter the Aka Oni, where you have to run around trying to collect some kind of boxes and escape. Although I'm still not sure whether it's worth escaping, since you don't actually get to battle anything if you don't get caught.

Btw have you got any of the Plamodels yet? Picked up the Jibanyan one recently, quite nice but the stickers are a bit ****e.
                Will try to remember to take some photos when I get the chance.

Comment

YAY i have a collecting twin, the aka oni bit sounds a lot like the oni time in the main game, in the first game you had to battle him but in the 2nd you just get knocked out of the mode if you get caught. I don't have much knowledge of the card battling game besides the bits i read on the web, i know they update it every so often with new bits & card oppertunities. You're a brave man attempting to collect the cards, they are even harder than the medals to keep track of there are so many promos already spread around in a bewildering amount of mechandise & magazines.

Sounds like the card game is a lot of fun though, btw if you want 5 more exclusive cards then try mcdonalds they are currently offering the 5 fruit nyans as happy set cards to use on the arcade game. These are the 5 secret nyans from the 3DS game that are only unlocked by scanning medals in. So far only 3 of the medals have been released the final 2 are most likely in the second Z & koten expansions. I'll know for sure on saturday when the new series is released, if you need medal help i have a load of spares medals.

Yeah i have some of the plamo kits so far jibanyan,robonyan & bushinyan, Want to get komasan & komajiro at some point. So far only built & painted jibanyan, yeah i have to agree the stickers are pretty rubbish. They use painted models on the box illustrations which is cheating a lot lol. Painting them is a lot of fun though this is the one i have done so far.

Last edited by importaku; 12-09-2014, 02:52.

Comment

Don't think I'd have enough money to collect a full set of Ukiukipedia cards lol. Like with medals I think I'll just stick to finding what I can and collect a couple that I like. Started a bit late so already missed out on too many to go for a full set.
                    Only managed to get 4/6 of the McD's cards so far, doesn't look like you can use the mobile app coupons for the Youkai Watch Happy Meal anymore so don't think I'll bother with the last two.

I think that you're supposed to be able to get some medals (Kabunyan, Apelican, and Itsudangomen) in the November issue of CoroCoro, but you might have to send off for them. There's some kind of QR code in the October issue too.

Came across this Youtube channel recently: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCar...VrHttaygFYLE1A
                    The person reviews quite a lot of Youkai Watch merchandise so it's quite useful for knowing what's new.

Got the lecherous face on my Jibanyan model, thinking of painting the white parts as well when I get around to it.
                    The soft vinyl figures are quite nice too, though a bit small.

The current deck I'm using:

Some of the different cards (and random ykw cards/stickers):

Comment

Managed to get into the Tomodachi Ukiukipedia daily rankings for yesterday lol, bit bummed though because the battle was for an SS rank big boss card and I didn't get it...I think in the next version (out next week) they're going to introduce some kind of new system where you can get the local youkai from different regions through battling other people's decks.

Comment

Nicely done that's pretty good getting 2nd place considering how obsessive those Japanese kids play on it. Looks like you are getting quite into it, i have to admit im envious as i'd love to play the arcade i doubt that will ever come to home systems.

Comment

lol yeah, luckily there's a couple of machines on my way home from work so I usually play it a few times while I wait for the supermarket to stick the 50% off labels on some of the food. Had to do a class with 4th grade in elementary school the other day, as part of my introduction I showed them a few of my cards, and one of the boys in the class told me he already has over 500 cards!!

You should come here on holiday lol, I'm hoping they will release some kind of home version. I don't think the cards would be worth very much (if anything at all) once the game goes out of service.

Do you play the Omikuji Battle on the Medaland site? I only figured out how to use QR codes recently lol. Have been trying to enter the draws for the special medals but haven't managed to win anything yet.

Comment

My son finished this the other day. Clocked in at 123 hours of gaming. Not bad for a 7 year old I think.

Comment

They announced a new version of the 2nd game in today's issue of CoroCoro, coming out in December.
                              Haven't fully read the details yet but there's a new "Masked Nyan" and "Dark Nyan". 
                              Also first 5 million(? 500万) people to see the movie will get the Dark Nyan medal.
                              Edit: Masked Nyan apparently comes with the download version, and Buchinyan medal comes with the package version. I think you get Komanyan with the packaged version too.
                              Last edited by KusoGaki; 15-10-2014, 04:27.

Comment

So they are selling the same game but with a few tinny extras? I don't get it.

Comment

Working...
                                X