No announcement yet.

Youkai watch 2 Ganso/Honke/Shinuchi 3DS review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are a bit like pokemon with the alternate versions of the same game however unlike pokemon there is more difference than just putting different monsters in each version. Not sure how different the new version will be, but between ganso & honke version the story is slightly different and the quests between each version are different too.

Might pickup the newer version if they have altered the story & quests again, need to hear more info before i decide.

Originally posted by KusoGaki View Post
    Do you play the Omikuji Battle on the Medaland site? I only figured out how to use QR codes recently lol. Have been trying to enter the draws for the special medals but haven't managed to win anything yet.
    Yeah i play the medaland site to amass points for the lottery. The computer battling is kind of fun, close as i'll get to playing the omikuji battle arcade. I imagine the arcade is a ton more fun. Curious which legend medal they will release next as the current campaign is to win some of the older legend medals.
    Last edited by importaku; 15-10-2014, 18:20.

Comment

I think you get a new version of the melon nyan medal with the next issue of Corocoro (possibly inside the magazine), due out 13th December. (Still haven't got my three medals I sent off for last month yet, which I'm gonna blame on racism tbh.)

They also revealed a new toy, which I`ve forgotten the name of at the moment (Whisper's pad thing), due to be released in January for around 8000yen. Works with both the old style and Z medals. From what I read/understood it reads the medals and displays some information about them as well as working like the encyclopedia showing all of the medals you have.

There was some more information about the new game as well, from the top of my head I can only remember something about Kuro Oni (design looks different to the one in the Tomodachi Ukiukipedia game), some variations of existing characters (basically it just looks like they have a purple cloud mask covering their eyes), something about Oni Train, and I think it mentions about unlocking certain features if connected to Honke or Ganso. Will try to remember to have a look again when I go home tonight.

Comment

I'm totally hyped for the shinuchi version it has so much new content it's unreal, yeah you are correct the next issue of coro coro has the melonyan medal in it meaning it will be like gold dust trying to find one. People have only just started getting their 3 set of medals from coro coro so i think yours should be pretty close to been delivered. Also found out that there's a strong chance that the last fruit nyan medal which is ichigonyan will be bundled with the youkaipad, i have a feeling i'm going to have to pay hard on Amazon to get hold of it as they will be max priced just like the zeroshiki watch was but it's too cool not to get hold of. Yet another use for all my medals YAAY

The new shinuchi version is the final part of the set of 3 games, there is a crazy amount of link content. Not only does the main story revolve around the upcoming film but there will be exclusive youkai in this one like there were with the other 2 games, all the ones that were not available in ganso & honke. The games reward you for keeping your older versions by providing lots of content from linking the data.

If you link your shinuchi version with ganso you can find a S rank version of jibanyan if you link with honke you can find a S rank version of komasan and in the shinuchi version alone you can find a S rank komajiro.

Along with those you can also link shinuchi with ganso to get hold of the red oni & with honke you can get the blue oni, if you have the ganso & honke linked together and then link that data to shinuchi you get the black oni.

But wait there's more

All the houseki nyans that were unlocked in the first game by scanning special medals in are now unlocked in the shinuchi version all by linking. If you have ganso honke and shinuchi data linked you can get safainyan diyanyan & emurunyan. If you link to just ganso you can access a new dungeon to get rubynyan and if you do the same with honke you can get topanyan.

There is also a new youkai train that takes you to a whole new area the geragera naraku resort consisting of a theme park, an onsen & a festival hall with dining facilities. The train even has a new boss inside to beat, yes it's the game that keeps on giving.

I can't wait to see what other secrets Level 5 have yet to reveal.
        Last edited by importaku; 17-11-2014, 06:49.

Comment

Also finally got around to doing a video of my entire medal collection, sure there are still some in the post on their way to me and Yakumo has a couple at his place, plus there are more been released each week lol, but apart from those my set is getting pretty complete now.

Comment

Seems the website has been updated, the youkaipad looks pretty cool. It does indeed come with ichigonyan and a medal i never expected to see. Steve Jaws LOOL (yeah thats meant to be Steve Jobs)

Comment

Western release incoming pretty please!

Comment

They seemed to have gone quiet on the matter, when the first one eventually releases they will already be 3 behind catching up if they leave it much longer it will be 4 games behind.

Comment

Nice collection. DIdn't realise the older folders came with cardboard inserts, bought the yellow folder recently and found the whole thing a bit flimsy. (Especially since it cost Y2000.) Think I'm maybe up to about 70 or so medals so far, not going to go for a full set though as I've already missed too many and some of them are really expensive.

Recently finished the really long quest on Tomodachi Ukiukipedia and got the Gachadokuro summon card, just waiting for the next version to come out now.

Will see if they let me buy two or three copies of the next Corocoro, if you aren't able to find it then may be able to help you get it.

Comment

Cheers, yeah the first 2 binders had solid cardboard pages but i think they realised that if they kept on with that design you would need like 20 binders by the end of it as they don't hold as many as the new ones do but i have to agree the binder pages in the new binders are flimsy as hell. Thanks for the kind corocoro offer if i have extreme trouble getting it i'll let you know, usually if i can't get it from Amazon Japan a marketplace seller usually has it for a couple of hundred yen more if it's totally sold out.

btw on my journey of collecting medals i have amassed loads of duplicates (about 107 spares) as i bought medal booster packs by the box so i have loads spares, if there are any particular ones your after i may be able to give you them for the cost of postage. They are mostly from the newer sets that have been released/gashapon/ramune candy packs.

The codes have been registered on the medaland website but for arcade game/3DS game/regular collecting use they are totally fine.
                    Last edited by importaku; 19-11-2014, 20:25.

Comment

YAY i managed to win the medaland lottery campaign, for those uninitiated in the delights of the youkai watch website you can register the medal QR codes online to add the medals to your online encyclopedia along with that you can use the medals you registered to play the fortune shrine to win points to use in the lottery, also the act of registering a new medal will give you ponts.

Every month of so they have a campaign to win a rare legend medal these are usually exclusive to the site and cant be obtained any other way than entering the lottery and hoping you win.

This is the 5th campaign they have done & this time it was to win the unchikuma (lol) medal

Usually the gods of luck don't shine on me but tonight they did as instead of seeing Wisper who is the face of faliure i got to see Jibanyan proclaiming i had won. I doubt it will ever happen again so i took screen grabs

And there it is, just need to add an address to claim it.

Sorry Japanese kids, there are only 49,999 now left to try and win lol.
                      Last edited by importaku; 07-12-2014, 13:05.

Comment

yaay! Congrats mate!

Comment

Bought Shinuchi yesterday, along with Corocoro, and then won a Togenyan plush at the gamecentre lol.

Quite enjoying the game so far, first one of the series I've played so was a bit suprised at how the battle system works. I think I'm a bit too used to 16bit RPGs so it's taken me a while to get my head around the fact that I can't mash the A button.

Only up to the third chapter at the moment, so don't seem to be able to do very much interesting yet.
                          But so far so good, I like that there's a lot of other collecting in the game as well aside from Youkai; like bugs and I think fish too.

Was a bit worried my Japanese reading wouldn't be up to par, but seem to be able to at least get a gist of what's going on lol.

Comment

NICE, pickups

I have downloaded shinuchi to keep me going till my physical copy arrives plus i really wanted masknyan hehe, once you start to get access to the train station you'll start to see a lot more there is a lot of content coming your way, see if you can find anyone with ganso/honke as if you can link with them via wifi you can unlock some cool extras in your version.

Comment

Hi All,

Long time fan with fairly average Japanese knowledge. Not sure there is enough new content in Shinuchi for me to bite, but wondering if Importaku or someone else can confirm whether you can access the Skeleton Dungeon via Wi-fi only? I've only got a physical copy of the original and a downloaded Honke and would like to access the other content? As I live in Australia, I know literally no one with another YW2 copy

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                                NICE, pickups

I have downloaded shinuchi to keep me going till my physical copy arrives plus i really wanted masknyan hehe, once you start to get access to the train station you'll start to see a lot more there is a lot of content coming your way, see if you can find anyone with ganso/honke as if you can link with them via wifi you can unlock some cool extras in your version.
                                Still might get ganso and honke eventually, had planned to get one of them a couple of weeks back but then saw the price of it used wasn't much cheaper than buying shinuchi so just decided to wait for this one instead. (Though tbh I think I should have just bought one of them in the first place instead of spending so much money playing Tomodachi Ukiukipedia lol.)

Managed to unlock the bank yesterday, so can start trying to unlock stuff using the coins/qr medals.
                                Was a bit annoyed though as I had already wasted my gachagacha useage for the day before unlocking it.

With the item you get for the fruitnyans' (or other youkai), what are you supposed to do with it?
                                Does the quest(?) come naturally in the game or are you supposed to go out of the way to find them?

btw you'll find out from the papers once you get your physical copy, but you can unlock another jibanyan variant from a cross promotion for the ios game Wonder Flick R. Kinda annoyed I already deleted that app a while ago...

Comment

Working...
                                X