No announcement yet.

Youkai watch 2 Ganso/Honke/Shinuchi 3DS review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you eventually get to your grandmothers house in the countryside there is a school in the village, try looking around. As long as you have the item that the medal gave you it will make that fruitnyan appear in the school. All of them are in the same classroom if you scan them all into your game.

This link from the official page tells you where to find the youkai after you have activated them in your game

Managed to get wondernyan but it's a pain as you have to grind wonderflick till you get to level 30. Sadly the code you get to unlock him can't be shared it's one you have to enter into the dlc counter and then it connects to the eshop and downloads the data key for it. Well i don't think it can be shared, you can give it a try if you like.
    Last edited by importaku; 15-12-2014, 02:15.

Comment

Originally posted by ubiblu View Post
      Hi All,

Long time fan with fairly average Japanese knowledge. Not sure there is enough new content in Shinuchi for me to bite, but wondering if Importaku or someone else can confirm whether you can access the Skeleton Dungeon via Wi-fi only? I've only got a physical copy of the original and a downloaded Honke and would like to access the other content? As I live in Australia, I know literally no one with another YW2 copy
      I'm pretty sure there is an option to link via wifi if you only have one of the games, haven't looked into it much but i think one person chooses to send the link and it gives you a number password, the other person selects the correct option and imputs the password to make the game behave as a linked version, you need the newest patch to do that though as the base game doesn't have the options. If you have both ganso & honke either as retail or digital you can do the link alone with one console.

Comment

Thanks, gave it a try but no dice lol. Will have to try to grind my way through Wonder Flick again when I can be bothered. Do you know if the local youkai cards' codes are reuseable? I haven't tried the codes yet, but if they're reuseable I can take a photo of the cards that I have. (Mostly just the panda though lol.)

One thing I was wondering, for the ones that seem to come in special qr codes (I think the ones I got in corocoro were supposed to be for gabunyan and a mouse I can't remember the name of) can you actually catch them normally? I didn't get them out of the gachagacha, so was kinda annoyed.

Comment

Sadly the ones you get from the QR coins are not available in the main game, yeah it's down to luck. I'm hoping that i get the mouse as i haven't got him. When my copy of corocoro turns up i'll let you have my QR code as they can be shared you can have another spin at trying to get one. I'm hoping the QR codes are different in each issue but it might not be it could be limited one per save file per code.

The game is clever as you can't reset and try to get a different one it will give them out in a set pattern thats pre determined when you very first start, because i have 2 copies of ganso, one copy of honke and 2 of shinuchi i can use the one code in each game to increase my odds. I then use 2 3DS's to trade the youkai between versions.

In fact if you let me have your friend code i can trade you my spares as i think i have doubles of some of the gashapon only youkai. Will need to check but i think i have 2 gabunyans and a spare ittan gomen.

As for the local youkai i'll give you links, you can enter a ton of passwords and get loads of local coins plus also the passwords to get the items that make the local youkai evolve when fusing them. The coins are not gauranteed to get you the youkai but with enough you can eventually get them all. The set of passwords right at the bottom are for the evolution items.

You can also enter these passwords to get some more coins for free like the 5 star and special coins along with a few others.

This section lists the coins you can get and how to get them, most have links to the info or passwords

Comment

Thanks for the links, noticed they have some QR codes on there as well so will have to give them a try when I get the chance. Gonna try to remember to take photos of the QR codes I have as well (I think I have one for October and two for the latest issue of corocoro), and I'll get you my friend code next chance I get.

Was kinda hoping that it wouldn't be the case that you could only get them from QR codes, seems like a bit of a pain in the arse. (Especially since it's random.) Also kinda expected you'd get the corresponding youkai when you scanned in the medal, had my Warunyan ready to scan all this time and still haven't got him yet lol.

Up to the grandma's place now, and just working my way through the key quests.
            I'm glad they put a warp in the game, as I was thinking the train part dragged on a little bit, though I haven't unlocked an option to warp back to Sakura Newtown yet. -_-

Comment

Sorry, still haven't had the time to sort out the photos of the QR codes. I think jikouchuu's code might be a one use thing, tried to scan my second copy of corocoro but it tells me I already used this code. -_-

Managed to find the Fruitnyan's as well as Donchan, haven't been successful in getting any of them to give me their medal yet.
              Also came across one of the new Youkais, which has it's fingers up it's nose, but wasn't successful with that one either lol.

Do you know where to make Buchinyan and Warunyan? They still haven't shown up as an option at the combination temple, I'm wondering if I'm still to early in the game or if there's something obvious that I'm missing.

Just cleared the 'Jibanyan's secret' quest, think I'm going to aim to rank up my watch to B next.

Comment

Ah seems that the corocoro codes are the same in each issue if you got the scan message you did.

Warunyan is made by fusing a jibanyan and gurerurin together. Buchinyan can only be obtained by using a eraberu medal I have yet to see if in shinuchi it can be done, in ganso and honke you need to find the weird old man that appears, if you go down the stairs to the right of the shrine like you were going towards the gashapon machine. In that immediate area in the right hand corner the old guy appears there looking out over the hill if you talk to him he asks to see a photo. The photo he is referring to is the ones saved to the SD card using the mystery lens function. You need to chat to him then save your game, then put in youkai watch one and use the mystery lens function take a picture and save it to the sd card, then put your other game back in and talk to him again he will check your extra data in the SD card and give you a coin.

The coin is one of those orange and red starburst coins with a finger icon on it, it's called a selection coin because when you use it in the machine it gives you an option of selection one of 3 youkai. You can either have a komasan with a little bundle on his back, a tsuchinoko with a bowtie or a buchinyan, don't worry if you select buchinyan you will still keep jibanyan & wisper.

Can't remember the exact conditions, he mentions 2 hours I can't remember if your saves have to be over 2 hours playtime or weither you have to do the pic taking between carts within a 2 hour period. Anyway that's how you get him.

Comment

Sorry for the late reply, managed to end up finding out how to do Warunyan. They might have changed it compared to the earlier versions, I found gurerurin and the spiky youkai in the lower part of one of the towns and could choose whether I wanted Togenyan or Warunyan. Realised that the medal that came with the game wasn't for Buchinyan...I think that's why I was a bit confused why I hadn't got it yet, only found out that it's supposed to be for the Komanyan quest.

Managed to finish the game last week, and have just been working my way through the post game quests, still haven't managed to nab DonChan yet despite the fact he was the first 1 day 1 battle Youkai I found. -_-

btw they released the first issue of the Ciao Comics version of the Youkai Watch comic recently, from what I looked at so far it's just the Fumi version and a bit more girly.

Also decided to try the campaign for unchikuma today randomly since I had 10,000 points and managed to win on my second try.

btw my friend code is: 0645-6967-5469

Some of the recent pick ups (Mostly game center plush toys):

Comment

Congrats on winning, that's extremely lucky to get it on your second try. Hope it turns up for you quickly, remember to scan the medal online as it will give you quite a few points although they also sell for quite a lot you can easily get 10,000+ yen for it although i'd keep it as they are too nice to sell hehe.

Added your friend code, my code is 4081 5470 0220 if you need help unlocking the interlock dungeon with the ganso/honke/shinuchi keys i might be able to help you as i'm pretty sure it can be done online between friends.

Been hammering shinuchi at the moment managed to clear the interlock dungeon bosses but the ogres are still too strong even with my team at level 92 the black and blue ones destroy me. Cleaned out the infinite hell dungeon even dondoro at the end is no match for me now i keep trying to get him to join but until he drops some dondoro powder i can't do the next step of the quest. There is so much in shinuchi i have yet to begin unearthing all it's secrets. Currently swapped my lv92 team to the cart copy of ganso as i have yet to finish the main story on that one. Nothing will stand a chance against that team not even the last boss. It's handy to have all the dungeons unlocked in each version as it allows me multiple trys per day between carts.

Loving the plush collection, thats a lot of ufo catcher action going on hehe. I can only imagine the extent of YW daily saturation over there now it's reached pokemon levels of merchandising and advertising. I wish i was experiencing it, must be fun to see it everywhere.
                    Last edited by importaku; 09-01-2015, 18:09.

Comment

Cool, got you added. I'm probably online at really random times of the day though compared to UK time.

Didn't expect to win it myself, especially since it's been a while since it was put up, so was laughing out loud when I got the Jibanyan.

I just got up to Dondoro on Friday I think, gave him a try but couldn't beat him at the time and haven't tried again yet.
                      Might try again before I go to sleep tonight, since I managed to get my Jibanyan up to lvl.99. Trying to get the second Jibanyan I got from the streetpass apartment up to lvl.99 now.

Have you cleared En En tunnel (I think that's what it's called) yet? There's one part that made me jump a bit lol. Won't spoil it, but you'll know what I mean when it happens.

Found the Golden Shinkansen today as well, you can get some really decent exp from the battles in there.

Yeah, it's a bit silly how much related stuff there is. I think the latest thing I've seen is Youkai Watch cornflakes lol.

Comment

Hi there !
                        I'm new on this forum, i created my account today cause i was searching for a Youkai Watch community who i could talk with, get some help and maybe give some.
                        I tried on neogaf but i can't post messages, i don't know why...

Anyway, please, sorry for my broken english, i'm french... Hope it's not so bad.

So yeah, i bought Youkai Watch 2 Ganso and a new 3ds at the same time. I loved the game so much that i couldn't resist to get Shinuchi. I don't read japanese at all so i watched a lot of videos on internet to help myself.

But there is so many stuff to find in this game that i guess i'll always need help, even if i finished the main story !

So well, about this interlock dungeon, i succed in link Ganso to Shinuchi and opened that door. But when i go inside, at the save point where i should see those 3 doors, i only got one (with the red Oni inside, and a boss who give me a special coin after i beat him).
                        As i understand, linking Ganso to Shinuchi let me go in just one door, right ?
                        I was wondering if we are supposed to buy all the games by ourselves to go into those secret places or is there a way to link with friends who got the game you miss (maybe online link, i don't know) ? I checked on the official website and it's like there's two ways to link games, one with checking sd card save, and another one with some kind of code to use...

At last, i search for friends to add for youkai trade. I search for some specials youkai i can't get in my game, like that robonyan you can only get if you buy the digital version of the game. I search for that fusion of jibanyan with the ghost you can get if you link the 1st game to the 2nd.
                        I got maskednyan for some who search for him, and I got wondernyan too.

Here is my friend code, feel free to add me ! 0963 1692 3525

I guess that's all for now

Thank you !

Edit : KusoGaki and Importaku, i'm adding your friend codes now, hope it's ok.
                        Last edited by Tififi; 16-01-2015, 13:35.

Comment

Hey,
                          i got another question about the white train who brings you to the golden place, how does it appears ? Is it coming randomly in every station ?
                          I took it 2 times (one time 2 days in a row) and then i never saw it again...

Comment

Hi Tififi welcome to the site, not many of us on here play youkai watch but there is me & Kusogaki playing at least. I have added your friend code to my 3DS so i should appear on yours properly now.

Ok to answer your questions.

Yes you did the interlock dungeon link correctly, in your example you got one key for linking ganso to shinuchi. If you can find a copy of honke and link that, you would be given the other 2 keys. The area with the door you found is where the other 2 doors appear once you have the other keys. You can also link shinuchi to ganso or honke, the interlock dungeon can be found in all 3 versions. I might be able to let you link to my copy of honke via online friends but i have never tried using that option that gives you a number to input so i'm not 100% sure how it works.

You really get most out of the games if you have all 3 versions, as once all the extra dungeons unlocked in each version and you have the keys to make the other doors inside appear it gives you more attempts each day to get new youkai as the gashapon machines after the bosses in the interlock dungeon give some good youkai including the jewel versions of the nyan cats. I have a spare buchinyan that i can trade you if you like.

As for the special gold train in shinuchi that takes you to the lucky platform. It can appear at any station, the odds of it appearing are very low but yes it has a chance of appearing anywhere. I have only managed to find it once so far, you did well to get to the platform twice.

Comment

Thanks a lot Importaku for the answers !

About the interlock dungeon, i'd like to clear something : linking shinuchi to one of the other games give you the possibility to get red or orange emerauld nyan. But if you link the 3 games together, you can get the 3 others emerauld nyan, but does that mean after linking the 3 games, you can't get the red and orange nyan anymore ? It's difficult to explain but the fact is i don't get the explanation on the official website about it ...
                              Yeah sure for Buchinyan ! Which youkai do you search for ?
                              Oh so yeah i think I've been lucky for the train. I was thinking i could find it easely but it's more difficult that i thought.
                              Hope to catch you soon in the game by the way !

Comment

I'll add you once I get the chance, I'm on Japanese time though so it's probably a bit difficult to find me online due to the time difference.

With the Golden Shinkansen/train, I just found it easiest to keep entering and exiting the platform at Gerageraland.
                                It's started to take a bit longer than it did the first couple of times I got it, but usually do it while I'm on the train to work or whilst doing something else at the same time.

Managed to finally catch a bakuroba from streetpass and was the last youkai I needed to unlock ikemenken.

I'll try to remember to take a photo of the QR codes soon, got one from a flyer the other day for the 5 star coin but didn't get anything good from it myself -_-

Comment

Working...
                                X