No announcement yet.

The Last of US Remastered PS4 review [no spoilers]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just can't see the value in this to buy when I have the PS3 version, maybe if it drops to sub ?20 I'll give it a try. Replaying it isn't a problem for me, I think I've played it through three times as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by SUMIRE View Post
      Love playing through this again, but the framerate is not 60fps outside.
      Yeah, i've noticed some dips in the frame rate too. Naughty dog have been a bit naughty in their marketing of the technical side of this....

Dont think its worth the full price, if you have clocked it already on the ps3. They really should have added in a new section, exclusive to the ps4.

Comment

Well considering it includes all the season pass stuff, and its a visual overhaul...i'd say thats value.

Especially as the season has only just passed!

Comment

is the DLC on the disc?

Comment

On disc and unlocked from the start.

Comment

Originally posted by darkangel View Post

If you think it's hard now, just wait till you get to the last section of the game. Even on normal mode it took me about a zillion tries and I really had to plan it all out. (Hospital/Sewer section)

I did not die once in the end sewer section. I stuck to the right as much as I could as it seems to have those back rooms that helped you progress away from the water. The last section I just distracted and use clicker/shiv takedown when possible. I did not engage the 2 heavies.

The hospital was tricky and I died lots. Again I killed some and distracted others. I think you only have to kill about 5 guys in that final run to the room where Ellie is, you can ignore the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by 'Press Start' View Post

I did not die once in the end sewer section. I stuck to the right as much as I could as it seems to have those back rooms that helped you progress away from the water. The last section I just distracted and use clicker/shiv takedown when possible. I did not engage the 2 heavies.

The hospital was tricky and I died lots. Again I killed some and distracted others. I think you only have to kill about 5 guys in that final run to the room where Ellie is, you can ignore the rest.

I used the back rooms and cleared out the main one with a frag grenade and used the cover of the fog grenade then melees to take down the rest, I found that it was very hard to not get noticed by the clickers and heavies in the actual water, but in the end I lured them away from the the crowd and took out the clickers one by one with the shiv take down, because any noise meant chaos and insta death, the hospital was very hard, I relied on stealth and grenades the whole way through but died on both parts equally allot

Comment

Just got to the university levels,still a classic and runs excellent on the PS4,some of the lighting looks superb
                  Going to push on so I can open up new game+.

Comment

Left behind wow its short isn't it, just over 2 hours and its all done and dusted, excelent addition to the game though and wetted my appetite for a replay of the main game, i don't mind the price as i sold the LOU on the ps3 after I completed it and made most of my money back via ebay. Add in that zavvi where selling this for just over ?30 so its like a budget release anyway.

Comment

Even Game was selling it for ?40! Truly a Budget release when those buggers don't try to sell it for ?65

Comment

Ok, so the multiplayer is bloody excellent. As good as the single player?

Comment

Didn't want to have to be 'that guy', but I tried the first hour having not played the PS3 version and I can't help but feel this has been overhyped beyond belief. Yep it looks pretty, but I didn't find the opening anywhere near as powerful as some clearly did, I'm already bored with all of the awkward 'walk and talk' bits, irritated by constant moving ladders / crates etc, and whilst not awful, the combat is certainly nothing new or exciting. I should probably push on through, as I'm certain it's not a bad game, but unless there's some radical changes to come I am really going to struggle to understand the reception it's had.

Comment

I'd keep those expectations low, the game doesn't mix its gameplay up at all during its run. I'd stick with it though, the overall experience is solid enough to warrant going through. I've started it up and made it a little way through. To me it doesn't represent much of a visual jump from the PS3 edition. A few graphical glitches and everything that spoiled the PS3 version still exists in this, the more solid framerate when its busy is a perk but that's about it.

Comment

Adrian, you've just described the vast majority of modern games. Not all of course.

It seems to be if you love the visuals/plot, you love the game.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                                Didn't want to have to be 'that guy', but I tried the first hour having not played the PS3 version and I can't help but feel this has been overhyped beyond belief. Yep it looks pretty, but I didn't find the opening anywhere near as powerful as some clearly did, I'm already bored with all of the awkward 'walk and talk' bits, irritated by constant moving ladders / crates etc, and whilst not awful, the combat is certainly nothing new or exciting. I should probably push on through, as I'm certain it's not a bad game, but unless there's some radical changes to come I am really going to struggle to understand the reception it's had.
                                I was the same till I got past the first city, then the atmosphere the game world and the story really pulled me in.

Comment

Working...
                                X