• Show
Clear All

The Last of US Remastered PS4 review [no spoilers]

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
    Looks stunning.

Sounds amazing.

Some decent scares.

Just everything I hoped it would be.

I'm looking forward to multi player too.

EDIT: The prologue is great

had me crying

and sets the tone very well.
    Got Remastered on PS4 today.

Looks stunninger.

Sounds amazinger.

Still scary as hell (bloody Clickers).

Still one of the finest videogames I've ever played.

And the prologue

still managed to get me!

1 Troll
    0%
    0%
    3 Clickbait
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    7 Controversial Review
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    11 Fanboy to the Max
    0%

Got this today,really impressed with the 60fps,silky smooth and makes a difference to the game.Only played about a hour and half,so still early on.The lighting is impressive and the photo mode is brillCan't wait to play it more tomorrow night

Comment

It looks much better than I'd hoped The aliasing bugged me from start to finish on the PS3 - now everything is crisp and smooth. It really does look great.

Comment

Starting my 1st play on PS4, managed to avoid spoilers since PS3 release!

I like the realistic handling of the handgun - good for 1 aimed shot, and the rest complete misses due to recoil and panic

Comment

I actually expected the game to be sharper looking than this....to my eyes it looks like a 900p scale job, although no doubt it comes from the use of crappy FXAA.

Sigh...

Framerate is nice though, although when i tried out the 30fps mode it was an absolute juddery mess.

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
            I actually expected the game to be sharper looking than this....to my eyes it looks like a 900p scale job, although no doubt it comes from the use of crappy FXAA.

Sigh...

Framerate is nice though, although when i tried out the 30fps mode it was an absolute juddery mess.
            I'm sure that is a troll mode, there is no reason for it to judder like that

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
              I'm sure that is a troll mode, there is no reason for it to judder like that
              Yeah, i thought it might be to do with me activating it during gameplay....will try changing the option before the game loads in later. Weird though.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow
                Got Remastered on PS4 today.

Looks stunninger.

Sounds amazinger.

Still scary as hell (bloody Clickers).

Still one of the finest videogames I've ever played.

And the prologue

still managed to get me!
                I'm going to have to increase the poll to go beyond perfect to allow you to vote higher than your 10/10

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                  I'm going to have to increase the poll to go beyond perfect to allow you to vote higher than your 10/10
                  It's proper Spinal Tap IMHO.

Comment

Still completely on the fence about this. I got bored and stopped playing, the aqueducts really annoyed me but I held out and got to the university where it picked up but then this was announced.

I have $11 on the US store. Can't decide between physical after a price drop or just to get the digital from the US store now.

Comment

So far, graphics amazing, sound amazing, story gaining momentum. Gameplay atrocious, incredibly frustrating at times.

Comment

Haha atrocious gameplay.

Comment

^that's not a first play impression.
                          But I think it is so thus far, the stealth is really inconsistent and I'm not enjoying it.

Comment

I get the stealth is a bit wishy washy at times but it's hardly atrocious. I assume you have Ellie with you?

Comment

Yeah she is with me, I have played 3 hours of this and have died 25 times already. Most of those was during the tutorial for runners and clickers together. I almost turned it off.

Comment

Working...
                              X