Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silvergun X View Post
    The comeback is REEEEEEEEEAL.

Played quite a few games tonight with Loftgroover and we had an absolutely smashing comeback in the Crucible. Titan defense is absolutely brilliant!
    some nice teamwork there, going defender without the extra perks for shield and melee is hard in pvp... as I found out and doesn't work well without good team mates to back you up.

Comment

damn this game is so dark in some areas i can't barely find my way. is there a way to access a flashlight manually or get it as a weapon upgrade?

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
        damn this game is so dark in some areas i can't barely find my way. is there a way to access a flashlight manually or get it as a weapon upgrade?
        I just cranked the in game brightness up to max when first starting the game, seems a good level. I find a lot of games these days are at a much to dark standard setting.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
          I just cranked the in game brightness up to max when first starting the game, seems a good level. I find a lot of games these days are at a much to dark standard setting.
          Even max isn't bright enough of the PS3, can't turn off and on the flash light at will, but you should be able too.

Just got halfway through the story over three nights did some MP as well and have already hit level 20! Not impressed have to start farming light armour now,

It's a nice game but not outstanding and there is just no reason for it to be online only, splitscreen co-op would greatly add to it as well.

Comment

Need some help on the moon strike mission anyone interested this evening ? I am only lv 12

Comment

Finished the story last night, well I say story. Why bother at all Bungie, it has as much depth as a puddle. If people tell me it's all in the lore and grimore/app then Bungie/Activision should have shipped the book alongside the game.

I can see myself playing a couple more weeks, grinding away then one day just dropping it like a sack of smelly old ****.

I'll be very surprised if we see a dedicated sequel released at retail, now a few million people bought the disc and it is an online only game they will just expand the universe with paid downloadable content.

Comment

Level 11 and im thinking is this it? its had more play than titanfall but i cant see me playing it much more.

I'm beginning to think this has been one of the biggest hoaxes ever
                Last edited by Guest; 13-09-2014, 14:19.

Comment

Just watched the Giantbomb PS3 comparison video and the conversion looks really good.

Destiny really does not look like it's going to be that great, so I'll pick this up when it's cheap on 360 later down the line.

Comment

It's certainly polarised the general consesous that's for sure.

Comment

You can certainly tell who's played an MMO before and who hasn't.

Originally posted by bwi View Post
                      Level 11 and im thinking is this it?
                      Far from it. You've not even begun yet.

Comment

To me it seems as if they've been a bit stingy with the enviornment. People getting to "max level" within a day or two isn't especially encouraging too.

Granted, there is the PvP content to keep the more hardcore interested in addition to doing certain PvE in order to obtain gear that forces your level over 20 but I think this isn't going to be immediately apparent for many people. Especially those that seem to think it should be played as some kind of single player experience?

Seems as if it has much to offer you if you're into MMOs, but otherwise it doesn't seem so hot. That is, unless you like the idea of a progressive multiplayer Halo type experience, gearing up and using skills/abilities you've earened.

And Wools is right, the PS3 version that Giant Bomb did a quick look of definitely encouraged me to perhaps check it out.

Comment

Am a smidge of light short of level 22 now. Loving the strike playlist!

The Vanguard gear had better be good tho...you get the same amount of vanguard marks for beating a lv20 strike as you get crucible marks when you lose a round!!

Comment

The reviews are coming in, lots of 6's from places such as :

EGM
                            Giantbomb
                            Gamespot
                            Polygon
                            The Escapist

The rest of the higher scores on Metacritic from random blogs are all bumping the overall score up.

Comment

Six is overly harsh IMO. It has its faults, but when the combat clicks on the higher levels, it's utterly sublime. Levelling up Light doesn't feel like the huge chore it initially sounds like either, and the weapons are now starting to feel significantly meatier too. When you get to 20+, everyone in the Strike teams (when playing with randoms) mostly knows what they're doing, which makes replaying the Strikes a lot of fun, and nothing like the initial grind they felt like on the lower levels.

I see the lightweight story as a massive plus, and I totally commend Bungie for going that rought. It's utterly refreshing to see that time isn't being wasted on some ridiculously banal story. "Stories" in games are almost universally pathetic, and I'd much rather devs concentrated on gameplay and variety.

Comment

Six is fair considering the budget.

Comment

Working...
                                X