Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destiny 360/PS3/XBOX ONE/PS4 review

Got this today and the servers are up.
    So far I'm playing the same sections as the beta, immediately you can see there has been an improvement to the visuals. The Xbone version is now 1080p, but also you can see multiple changes and improvements to textures and lighting over what was in both the alpha and beta versions.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

What are the options regarding solo campaign Boris? Would only want to give it a try if it wasn't totally online multiplayer dependant.

Comment

The game behaves identically whether you are in a party or in a group.

It's either play with other people or play by yourself, although you need an internet connection regardless

Comment

I'll probably give it a bash then, I did enjoy the alpha. Plus my mate just text me to say he's buying a PS4, so I can play online with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
          I'll probably give it a bash then, I did enjoy the alpha. Plus my mate just text me to say he's buying a PS4, so I can play online with him.
          Worth noting that if you buy the PS3 version digitally, it's a free upgrade to the PS4 digital Version.
          If you played the Beta/Alpha then it works the same as that in regards to playing by yourself.
          The game is near identical with the exception of a few extra bits available to customise and some new areas in the tower.

Nice to see you can have different ships too
          Last edited by EvilBoris; 08-09-2014, 18:54.

Comment

Can XBL and psn players play together?

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
              Can XBL and psn players play together?
              Hahahahahah!!!!!! Oh Matt, you're absolutely adorable!

Comment

Well I do my best! Just played first half an hour, really love the story and boy it looks very nice too. Have to get some zzzzz now, but look forward to some games. I'm on PS4, so it seem that we can't all play across systems . One day Brad.... One day!

Comment

Gone for PS3 version > PS4 upgrade. Upgrade not available until Wednesday though!

You can play on PS3 now and then transfer your character to PS4.

Comment

Went for the ps3 psn download version so i have the ps4 upgrade option, only available until jan 15 but gives me time to decide whether i get one or not, with my vita im thinking yes at the mo so i can play it all the time without disturbing anyone, or in bed etc.

Loving this as i did the beta and really looking forward to getting off Earth onto the other planets for the first time. Though im still confused on the whole party thing. People are running around and you can help each other out, but when a mission proper starts your not actually connected in anyway, not on the same mission technically, and sometimes they disappear as their on their own mission.

So how do you form permanent parties where your in a group just wandering around together, doing missions etc, ive looked in the menu's in game and there doesn't appear to be a simple invite to party option?

Comment

There was an 'invite to fireteam' option in the in-game menu of the beta and you could pull it up anywhere, while out fighting or in the hub. Should still be there...? Would confirm if effing postie hurried up...

ps.: if anyone's interested in doing coop as much as possible it's probably worth setting your own fireteam setting to 'open', as the default is/was (?) 'friends only'.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                        Worth noting that if you buy the PS3 version digitally, it's a free upgrade to the PS4 digital Version.
                        The same with the Xbox versions, does anyone know if it's cheaper to do it this way? Buy on 360, play on One?

Comment

Yeah exact same on both consoles.

Cheaper? It just depends if you have people playing across xbox one/360, so you can join in across both. Your character is server based, so same stats back and forth across formats.
                          Last edited by Family Fry; 09-09-2014, 10:48.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris
                            Got this today and the servers are up.
                            So far I'm playing the same sections as the beta, immediately you can see there has been an improvement to the visuals. The Xbone version is now 1080p, but also you can see multiple changes and improvements to textures and lighting over what was in both the alpha and beta versions.
                            So the Xone CAN actually do 1080p then, unlike what some ppl have said?

Comment

Originally posted by EDDIE M0NS00N View Post
                              So the Xone CAN actually do 1080p then, unlike what some ppl have said?
                              Yeah, there have been 1080p games since launch

Comment

Working...
                              X