Smash Bros 3DS/WiiU (full game) review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briareos View Post
    Played a bit this weekend finally, firstly I'm rubbish but once I got used to that fact and switched gears into tunring it into a collection game i'm faring better. Just going through classic moide with each character will take me a while )to get their trophies) and it gives me a good taste into each fighters style.

Can any Veterans tell me the difference between Link and Toon Link?
    There are so many characters that I haven't even used the Zelda team at all yet! From Brawl the differences I can remember are:

Toon Link - faster & generally stronger. Better down air attack.
    Adult Link - Special attacks are different/more useful, like the boomerang being the Gale version as opposed to standard. Maybe able to take slightly more damage as he's heavier?

I thiiiink there is a difference with the up special on the ground or in the air too.

Comment

Managed to play this a little more over the weekend after finding out completing the All Star mode gets you a different trophy from the ones you get from Classic mode, more to collect so it's sucking me back in!

Comment

What difficulty have you been doing the Classic mode in?
        I had a brilliant super-leg match the other day online. The usual 2 minute match time was stretched out to nearly 10 minutes, and as you get penalised for quitting no-one left the game! Me and some other guy were just messing about with taunts etc whilst the other two battled through the lag. Was kinda funny to watch them try as they still lost in the end as I got bored and punished them Greninja style

Edit: Just seen on Twitter that an update has gone live.
        Last edited by Fader209; 27-10-2014, 13:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Fader209 View Post
          To show really how bad I am at this game I'm going for level 4! I might be able to bump it up a bit more now I'm getting to grips with Link but really as I'm going through with each fighter I find I sometimes die at 4, then it bumps me down to 3.5 and i lose some loot so sometimes I'll lead with 3.5. I always choose the red path and the Master/Crazy hand routes but to be fair the difficulty is so low no back swarm comes out of the gloves at that level. I still find those hands tricky to kill as it's mainly air attacks I need to be doing...

Comment

I had a brilliant super-leg match the other day online. The usual 2 minute match time was stretched out to nearly 10 minutes, and as you get penalised for quitting no-one left the game! Me and some other guy were just messing about with taunts etc whilst the other two battled through the lag. Was kinda funny to watch them try as they still lost in the end as I got bored and punished them Greninja style

Edit: Just seen on Twitter that an update has gone live.
            Whoa, WB bro.

Comment

If you get right under Master Hand and do a fully charged Up Smash attack you should be able to do some decent damage with a lot of characters. The main trick is just learning those attack patterns and then the others for the black swarm variants which is tricky for a while as they only unlock at higher difficulties
              It's funny you are getting to grips with Link as he is one of my worst to play as being that he is a projectile user. Samus is similar but I always choose her over Link as her missiles are faster to throw out compared to charging up an arrow and her charged beam can be interrupted/resumed.

Hello Steven!

Comment

It's funny you are getting to grips with Link as he is one of my worst to play as being that he is a projectile user. Samus is similar but I always choose her over Link as her missiles are faster to throw out compared to charging up an arrow and her charged beam can be interrupted/resumed.

Hello Steven!
                Yes I think that's why I've been doing so badly, as I've not been treating Link as a projectile user, just picked him as I liked the character and been trying to sword everyone to death; so not really thinking clearly, perhaps I'll switch to another sword user like Ike that has less reliance on ranged attacks, or just plump for Luigi as he is cool. In reality I need to wait until I've done classic mode with all the characters and then choose the one that works for me, less than halfway through so far!

Comment

You should make your own customised Mii fighter instead!

Comment

Having lots of fun with this at the moment, been steadily working through classic mode with each character, got all the way down to king deedeedee so far (about halfway through). Finally all characters and stages unlocked and I have about 300 trophies. Can't seem to find how many there are in total. Classics mode I'm up to 6.5 now I know using custom characters makes it much easier!

Comment

I brought this a few weeks ago and apart from a quick spurt of it upon release it pretty much put it away for a while. Until now that is, I have finally been putting some decent playtime into this over the weekend. I have to say it is so much fun, I haven't ventured back online yet, need to practise with some characters. Adult Link is so far my fav. I am fast becoming very obsessed with collecting the little figure trophies, they are so much fun trying to unlock. Cant quite believe just how much has been included on the 3DS version, outstanding amount of content.

Comment

I'm nearly all the way through doing classic mode with all the characters now, just did Olimar. Gained 485 trophies but now I'm not seeing many new ones turn up, despite the odds being about 1 in 3, anyone else find that yet? I'm getting most trophies now by paying through the nose at the shop, last trophy rush I did had 3 new trophies out of 23 earned...

Comment

Tried to do classic mode on 9.0 over the weekend as I noticed there was a challenge for it which you can't use a hammer for sadly. With the bowsercide patch correction it looked like I would never have a chance to do it until someone said on gamefaqs 'just use ganondorf with max def items' I managed to just about get to master core while still at 9.0 difficulty doing this, but then was murdered by master core so many times by the time i finished I was back down to 5.5 difficulty! This may be a challenge I won't be able to do

Comment

Tagged in the WiiU version as well to this thread, thought I might as well.
                            There's a photo studio mode for the trophy collection on the WiiU version!
                            Lynn, that upskirt shot is coming baby, you knows it. Well, more likely I'll be taking pictures of Pokemon and pretend I'm playing a HD version of Pokemon Snap.

Played a good few 8-man Smash today, phew! Hectic stuff.
                            Then did a special rules with giant, metal, and 1.5 speed enabled. Crazy stuff.

Comment

Got my copy of the WiiU version today.
                              Opened the case and...HOLY S**T THERE IS A MANUAL!
                              Why oh why do I have to select my profile's name to get my remapped controls every damn time I enter a new mode? And am I missing something or you can't use remapper controls in the Mario Party-like mode?

[edit] found. Still not used to reassing control profile at every mode though.
                              Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 29-11-2014, 20:09.

Comment

Got my Wii U Smash this morning, great stuff!

Awesome how many character syou have unlocked from the get go, honestly thought Sonic, Megaman and Pacman would be locked!

Comment

Working...
                                X