No announcement yet.

PES 2015/Winning Eleven 2015 review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just when I was starting to fall in love with this, I've had a frankly dire evening with it. Passing has been uncontrollable, cpu winning every 50/50 ball, player changing selecting the wrong player and pathetic referee decisions, all of which has proved to be a thoroughly un-enjoyable 4 games tonight.

The emotional carousel of PES in 48 hours, oh how I've missed you.
    Last edited by dave heats; 18-11-2014, 19:40.

Comment

Just bought. PS3 sadly.

Comment

And I'm not remotely impressed. I knew I shouldn't have bought into the hype.

Comment

Whats your initial impressions then chap? Any particular reasons behind not being impressed?

Comment

Coz Japan aren't licensed I think

Personally, I think it is the best football game ever made. A few little tweaks in a patch and it will be just ahead of the best ever made.
            Last edited by hudson; 19-11-2014, 07:48.

Comment

There are tons of things that are not great about it. It's noy bad but I feel people were so sick of Fifa that any half decent effort has been overblown into the second coming.
              Presentation awful still. Scoring a goal provokes almost no crowd reaction.
              Sloppy fake teams, just leave blank leagues for editors.
              Terrible commentary.

Defensive AI suspect. Worse than Fifa and countered by the a attacking AI.

Feels like players are still running through treacle. Lack of analogue control makes movement too limited. You can't vary your touches enough with just the analogue stick.

Physicality is poor. My player entered a tussle with an attacker despite me not instigating it. He was much faster and the went on to so stupid animation after that player was long gone a I conceded. All I wanted him to do was use his pace to get past.

Suspect ball physics.

On the flip side it does have a nice feel. More sedate and feels like you need to work to create.

Goalkeepers decent.

Lots of animation and it looks often lovely and feels OK.

This is a good basis for a great football game. It's not yet a great football game. Merely a quite good one.

Comment

Agree with all of that, except the ball physics, which I've found to be pretty spot on so far, with particularly nice rebounds and deflections making the play feel really free flowing.

I had a literal pad throwing moment last night due to some shocking AI and once again being given the wrong player by the PS4. Haven't been so enraged with a game since I was about 13. Planning on sticking with it, but if any more evenings prove as frustrating and un-enjoyable as last night, it'll be difficult to justify pumping time into this.

Comment

It's the way the fall floats around a bit too much. Not enough weight. Good rebounds though for sure.
                  Just conceded against MUFC. Complete silence. No atmosphere at all.

Comment

Not had the volume up high due to usually playing with a 6 month old next to me sleeping in the evenings. Plus I find it better to turn Jon Champion down. Can't say I've had cursor problems. As far as I can tell, it works like FIFA in that you can use the right stick as well, to select players. Maybe try tinkering with the cursor settings in the controller menus?

Comment

I do enjoy it and it feels like PES 7. Only that should have come 8 years ago. This feels like a PS2 game.

Comment

I think I'm just grateful not to be angry. My past weeks of playing Fume15 have left me finding joy in Barbie Horse Riding game.

Comment

I haven't played next gen Fifa enough but WC2014 remains the benchmark. Outstanding

Comment

To be honest I thought WC2010 was the benchmark...I am enjoying this on 360. Got fifa overkill.

Comment

2010 as a package, incredible atmosphere. 2014 for gameplay.

I am Fifa'd out too. It also needs work. Not enough advancement but then FUT has killed it.

Comment

All the effort is ploughed into FUT. It's easy to understand why when you see how popular it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X