No announcement yet.

Bayonetta 2 [WiiU] review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As much as I'm enjoying it, it's not a 10 out of 10' no way, and edges reviiew says the wii u has its first classic.
    not true mario 3d world and Mario kart 8 are the 2 wii u killer games, not this.

Comment

Originally posted by arcnas View Post
      As much as I'm enjoying it, it's not a 10 out of 10' no way, and edges reviiew says the wii u has its first classic.
      not true mario 3d world and Mario kart 8 are the 2 wii u killer games, not this.
      Shhhhhh

Datadave might hear......

Comment

Honestly, it took me a little while to get back into the flow of things after playing the first one five years ago but they're similar enough to pick things up again quickly. Playing through on Normal for now but I'll bump that up to Hard when I'm finished with the story. Got hyped enough to pre-order Bloody Fate after my first evening, too.

Also,

any game that puts me in a mech within the first few minutes gets instant, undying love.

Comment

I'm loving it 10/10 for me easy. More of the same, but better- yes please

Comment

Ninja Gaiden Black and Ninja Gaiden 2 are also my favoured action games, but, although Ninja Gaiden and Bayonetta are a similar kind of game, Bayonetta games offer something that's quite of a unique experience. The Ninja Gaiden games are more serious with extremely satisfying combat whereas Bayonetta games don't take themselves as seriously, so allow for some crazier, over-the-top ideas. Both games are really special in their own way.

Is it worth a 10? I think this depends on what you're really into. No game is perfect, so, in that sense, nothing deserves a 10. I think the 10 score for Bayonetta 2 just means it's that special and must be experienced. Well, that's how I've started to interpret reviews anyway.
            Last edited by Morph; 25-10-2014, 21:33.

Comment

A 10 for me needs to be a grpundbreaking title, and this is not one of them, the story is just stupid , so that should knock of a point at least, I'm just the skipping the cut scenes are they just plain annoying, I do like it , but I just don't think it's justifies 10 and I'm enjoying evil within more to be honest .

Comment

It is a throwback to times gone. Way OTT sometimes, full of good old Japanese mad story and gameplay. A ten, that is so subjective, but is it great fun, he'll yeah.

Comment

For me, it's a 10 because it's everything I want from a game

Comment

I spent most of the day playing the single player and some coop yesterday and it is definitely a 10 for me. Every set piece ratchets up the crazy one more notch and the combat is so fluid and responsive. Not the most challenging game out there but I'm looking forward to new game plussing hard.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not sure if normal is easier this time, or if it's because I played the first one not long ago- but I'm flying through. It's only traing anyway I guess so I'm not bothered. The coop mode seems to be a brilliant way of farming halos though!

Comment

Yeah, I played a load of coop yesterday and used all the halos to buy most of the costumes. I played with some people that selected levels at random and always boosted the difficulty right up so we'd wipe. On good runs though I had a number of levels down that I knew well and would often win. I was getting between 70,000 and 170,00 per run.

Good fun mode and interesting seeing the costumes and weapons people use.

Comment

Finished this now, I can see how it would be a 10/10 for some. It's kind of like it's the culmination of decades of walk a long beat em progression. It's very much more of the same but feels a tad more refined than last time. The WiiU Pro Controller is perfect for this. For me it is definitely one of the very best in genre. Outside of that there are many, many other games I'd rather play again than this so a 10 seems out of reach. It's a very finely crafted combat system in the guise of a game really so unless you find the battles themselves outstanding to play there's nothing else to win you over as the story/characters etc are just as awful as last time. I'm not going to score this yet though, I want to redo the first game via WiiU first to see if my opinions on 2 hold up or if Platinum turn out to have lost some magic second time around.

Comment

Finished it last night and it has a great pace towards the end with some major events and battles. Absolutely terrific fun from beginning to end. Going to take a break and then do a second run. A normal playthrough isn't too taxing so I'm looking forward to hard.

Everything in this is so much more polished than other games and a real joy to experience.

Comment

I don't remember Bayonetta 1 being so brown... enjoying it but the small extra polish of two and bolder colours elevate the sequel. I think B2 is slightly better than B1.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
                                Finished it last night and it has a great pace towards the end with some major events and battles. Absolutely terrific fun from beginning to end. Going to take a break and then do a second run. A normal playthrough isn't too taxing so I'm looking forward to hard.

Everything in this is so much more polished than other games and a real joy to experience.
                                Good to hear. Just finished chapter 9 and feel up until this point I enjoyed the first game more.

Comment

Working...
                                X