No announcement yet.

Bayonetta 2 [WiiU] review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20 hours on this now- finished 2nd climax with all golds/platinums but still missed a few portals and hidden verses- need one more set of broken witch hearts and one more broken half of moon pearl to max out the stats.

Amazing game- on par with the first. I don't want to say better because they both link together so much, they feel like one complete package to me! Some of the unlockables are crazy, and there's a fair few secrets hidden in tag climax mode as well.

Loving this- onto hard for now- need those halos!!!

Comment

I think I found B2 to play a little better because she has a couple of moves like her dash open from the start, now I have more of that open in B1 they're closer. Replaying 1 after 2 its eye opening just how much of B1 they've reused for B2. I can understand why as it likely saved on cost which was likely a factor in getting the sequel made but its a close line between sequel and remake at times

Comment

completed this last night on climax 2 and started climax 3. Climax 2 was really lenient with the time frame to initiate witch time as its almost impossible to dodge on 3rd climax! I need to get better.

Loved the game but really really hated the english voice acting. Hearing that little ****bag Loki shout "keep up love!" for the hundred billionth time made me want to commit suicide. For some reason, i hadn;t even thought to check for a jap language option as i was probably too consumed with rage to think straight.

Needless to say, once I ditched the horrible dub I really started to love the game.

Comment

Finished 1 on normal last night and about to start 2, which setting is closest to normal difficulty on bayonetta 2 ? climax 2 or 3 compared to what I just completed ?

Comment

Climax 2 is considered to be Normal mode.

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
              Finished 1 on normal last night
              Did you notice QTE prompts not loading quick enough at all (in Bayo 1 on Wiiu)?

Comment

I do Brad. Same problem as you. It sort of half loads the 'Y' until it's too late, then it shows the whole thing.

Comment

So this game is really that good then?

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                    I do Brad. Same problem as you. It sort of half loads the 'Y' until it's too late, then it shows the whole thing.
                    Thanks. I did wonder if I had a dodgy optical drive as I hadn't seen anyone else mention it.

Comment

I've had it happen a couple of times too. Replaying B1 has been fun but it's cemented that despite reusing content, I definitely prefer Bayonetta 2. Time to score.

Comment

So far not enjoying this much, I'm sure it's great but it's characters and presentation just rub me up the wrong way. Will keep ploughing through though.

Comment

This is brilliant! It's a long way off being a constant 60fps mind.. No screen tear though so it's fine.

Comment

Nintendo life's top 5 tips for Bayonetta 2. Number 3:

"It's worth hunting down gold LPs"

Great tip bro. Those gold LPs are really hard to find. I mean (ignoring the fragments, which they didn't mention) it's not like they just appear in front of you in plain sight after defeating a boss.

I want to be a game 'journalist'.

All the other tips are things that the game tells you about in no uncertain terms anyway. FFS.

Anyway, game continues to be awesome.

Comment

I got the Special Edition today on a whim. As I haven't played the first one, I started with that. Well, I suck at this quite a bit. I guess it takes a while to get used to the game? I've beat GoW on Hard but this is harder on normal... Anyway, the game is constantly telling me that it is losing the connection with the controller. Anyone else had problems with it?

Comment

I think Brad did a while back.

Comment

Working...
                                X