Futuridium EP Deluxe (PS4/Vita crossbuy) review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Futuridium EP Deluxe (PS4/Vita crossbuy) review

Picked this up earlier, six quid at the moment with the PS+ launch discount.

Only review I could see before parting with my coin, a 10/10

First paragraph of the review actually describes the game really well

The premise is simple; destroy all the cubes before your energy runs dry. The cubes in question are placed on brightly coloured alien spacecrafts and platforms which lurk in the darkest corners of space. Seek and destroy. Some platforms are intricate in design, hiding cubes both inside, on top and underneath their surfaces. Other cubes are littered between structures, tucked away and buried. It’s here where you need to preform death-defying lunges inside tight claustrophobic tunnels to pick off each cube. A quick tap on the square button pulls a 180 turn and lets you return for multiple sweeps through missed areas to disintegrate those last remaining cubes. This is what Futuridium EP Deluxe is about; it’s a ferocious and exciting shooter with a pumping Wipeout-esque soundtrack to boot.
    It's a stripped back to basics 3D shooter, I have played it for an hour and it really didn't click with me, the immediate 180 spin feature is good, but can cause crashes pretty often if you're not in a pretty big open space

Having to perform a number of flyby's on the same stage to pick off the cubes dotted about wore thin quickly for me. Possibly there is a route on level so you can pick off all the cubes in one or two passes, but can't see that's possible once you get past the first couple of levels.

Maybe it's all going over my head at the moment. But just not enjoying it as much as I should be.
    Usual stuff of online leaderboards etc. The game has a stonking sound track.

Sorry for probably the shortest review ever, will add more later.

Launch trailer

0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

I looked at it after the preview they had on the PS blog a few months back. I guarantee it'll be on PS+ before the year is out. [/still burning from the TxK experience]

Comment

Working...
    X