No announcement yet.

DriveClub [PS4] review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys, have only recently got this game but so far really loving it! Was going to try out the online side of things this weekend but was wondering whether there is a Bordersdown club kicking about? and if so if i could join in

Comment

There are Bordersdown 1 to 4 Clubs I think, you can have my place in Bordersdown 2, I rarely play this, like it visually but that's about it, just doesn't click with me. Will leave the club tonight, but you may need to get an invite from Bassman on here to be able to join.

Comment

I don't seem to be playing games much at the moment, so don't expect me online. I can send a club invite if the slot empties! Are you on my Friend List (RogsR35UK)?

Comment

I dipped out of BD2 club earlier this evening.

Video of the new Koenigsegg One hitting 242mph, this is the car coming to the game later this month. And what a car, 1340hp or something and probable new record time at the Nurburgring for a road car at some point in the next few months.

Comment

Anyone else finding the hyper cars to twitchy to handle - just cant control them.....

Comment

I forgot to leave BD4 before trading it in...

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                Anyone else finding the hyper cars to twitchy to handle - just cant control them.....
                Same here, ended up giving up completely on these events. Any tips from anyone?

Comment

Kryss, the Club Owner can delete members.

Comment

Originally posted by dazza_cole View Post
                    Same here, ended up giving up completely on these events. Any tips from anyone?
                    I managed to tame one last night; most racing games you can just max the accelerator, but when using these cars, you really need to ease off it around corners, sometimes applying alittle brake. Big fan of the bentley and bmw's in this game

Comment

Got my new wheel set up last night so just getting back into this game (just completed the rookie event so far). As I'll be playing it a bit, would be interested in joining one of the Bordersdown clubs - I realise a few have been asking recently so not sure if there's any spaces left? My PSN is helicon2. Cheers!

Comment

Am I missing something, did have a look, where can I find the TCS in this game (traction control settings).

Really not getting on with it on the whole, just doesn't gel with me, to the extent it's not even fun to play.
                        Tip my hat to them though trying to vary the races/challenges etc etc. Can now see the real effort they've put in.
                        Last edited by VR46; 26-02-2015, 11:34. Reason: spelllling

Comment

Iv just seen the weather effects for the first time and the only thing i can say is WOW! They are so utterly amazing and on an entirely new plane of existence compared to even project cars weather effects it's not even funny. Project cars needs to improve it's effects now as they look rubbish compared to Driveclubs.

Comment

Project Cars will run at 60fps though. Really essential for a racing game.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam The Man View Post
                              Iv just seen the weather effects for the first time and the only thing i can say is WOW! They are so utterly amazing and on an entirely new plane of existence compared to even project cars weather effects it's not even funny. Project cars needs to improve it's effects now as they look rubbish compared to Driveclubs.
                              Agreed, Driveclub's effects and graphics generally are totally amazing but I think you'll find Project CARS is a different game entirely. It's more of a sim than Driveclub and they've maybe spent more processing power on the game engine/physics model and sacrificed some of the graphics because of it. Plus as nakamura stated, it's running at 60fps as well.

Can't wait for Project CARS but enjoying Driveclub all the same - maybe because of my wheel purchase though :-)

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                                Project Cars will run at 60fps though. Really essential for a racing game.
                                Originally posted by helicon2 View Post
                                Agreed, Driveclub's effects and graphics generally are totally amazing but I think you'll find Project CARS is a different game entirely. It's more of a sim than Driveclub and they've maybe spent more processing power on the game engine/physics model and sacrificed some of the graphics because of it. Plus as nakamura stated, it's running at 60fps as well.

Can't wait for Project CARS but enjoying Driveclub all the same - maybe because of my wheel purchase though :-)
                                Mart i agree the 60fps of Project C.A.R.S is a big selling point over driveclub plus it has the best engine sounds iv ever heard. And helicon i think your right in that the game engine/physics model is also better as iv seen some of the amazing collisions in the game and driveclub doesn't compare in those regards.

I just really wish they could release an update to match driveclubs dynamic weather effects on the cars particularly the windscreen. Plus by the seem of things the 30fps cap really doesn't seem to spoil the game at all:

Project cars is the one i'm waiting for but it's not without it's flaws (Static weather, no Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini, Nissan, Toyota e.t.c)

Comment

Working...
                                X