No announcement yet.

DriveClub [PS4] review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decided to splash out on the White PS4 with Driveclub. Not being the world's best racer having a game with no braking hints, for the first time in quite a while, was interesting to say the least! Having said that I played the original PS1 GT games (GT3 was probably the same) so that was pretty much the same idea.

I found it strange having no onscreen information for some events. A mini-map would have been useful to see what lay ahead, let alone a timer for events where you had to beat a time. As far as I could see there was no way to get them, although they were there initially when I did the first races.

i have yet to splash out on PS Plus (my only other game on the PS4 so far is Minecraft having got it on PS3, which is giving me grief as I can't buy the full version). Not sure what the situation is regarding Clubs and not having Plus, though there does seem to be the option to join when the Servers are in the land of the living.

i am getting used to the handling and can manage clean laps (unless it is an AI event of course!).

I have mostly been doing Time Trials and have managed to reach Level 13. I just downloaded that Mercedes AMG GT though I have yet to try it out. I maxxed out something with the Mini as I drove that a fair bit.

Drifting was interesting to say the least. I tried the first track on a single event and it seemed a bit hit or or miss (literally at times). I managed to gain a few Driver Levels in the process.

I am in two minds about the Season Pass as some extra cars (and events) would not go amiss). As the game was included in the cost of the console I must say I am tempted.

After playing Forza Horison 2 for the past week or so (Lv 223), Driveclub was a bit of a shock to the system, though I am warming to it.

Sent a request to join the Bordersdown Club. Using the ID I bought Minecraft on which is RogsR35UK (plenty of free slots there anyway).
    Last edited by Bassman; 15-10-2014, 10:29.

Comment

Slowly getting better at drifting, got a few stars this afternoon and it's not looking too bad.

Bassman: I saw your request (and someone else's too, can't remember the name right now), but the club is full as one can only have 6 members in 1 club Maybe you can make a Bordersdown 2 club of some sort? Just don't get better than the current club, hehe.

Comment

Bassman: if you go into the game settings you can adjust the opacity of the HUD so you can see the map and things.

Comment

Has anyone connected at all tonight?

Comment

I connected and then 1 minute in to my first race. Disconnected.

Comment

I connected for almost my entire session (6-7pm gmt), US version.

Comment

Opacity is 100%. Everything was fine initially. Did the update change things?

I wonder if they will increase the Club size at some point...

I'll set up Bordersdown 2 if anyone has the game and no club.

Comment

Bordersdown 2 Club has been created. I just need a second member to activate it. Like the original, I have set it to invite only.

Is it worth restarting the game to give the Club a boost? I am Lv 13 currently.

Comment

No online this evening.

Wondering if I can get a refund under trade descriptions.

As fun as it is I'm getting bored of racing the AI.

Comment

The original club was set to open as I didn't have to approve anyone who wanted to join, but I guess that changes after all the slots are filled.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                        No online this evening.

Wondering if I can get a refund under trade descriptions.

As fun as it is I'm getting bored of racing the AI.
                        I'm watching what Evolution plan to do regarding compensation very closely. I haven't bothered playing this properly since completing the single player, as there's naff all point.

This continuous lack of updates on the situation, no indication of timeframe for when it can be fixed, no indication of what they are going to do to say sorry to day one buyers, and the fact they've released an unfinished game to begin with has started to get me a bit pissed off to say the least.

If it's not fixed this weekend, I'll be taking it down CEX and getting something else.

Comment

Yes, no excuse for a lack of decent communication at the very least.
                          If the servers can't cope with retails buyers, can only think the PS+ version is still going to be a very long way off.

Comment

From what I can gather, it's not just due to server load, it's actually also apparently due to buggy server code in the released game. This would explain the 2 updates since launch, with a third apparently released last night.

CEX are buying this for ?32, so I might just cash in my chips and get Evil Within instead depending on if this situation gets fixed. I'll also be avoiding Evolution completely in future, if they still even exist in a years time.
                            Last edited by dave heats; 16-10-2014, 08:46.

Comment

Dodgy code makes it even worse, no-one to blame bar themselves, and no fix nine days later is shocking.

The problem must have shown between say 9am USA time last Tuesday when people in serious numbers would have started playing the retail version, and 12pm, a couple of hourse before the PS+ version was due up ie there can't have been many people playing at all really compared to what it should be OK with.

Comment

An update is running and I received a notification about some pre order stuff that wasn't working which now apparently is. Some cars and a fame multiplier. Can't actually see them though.

Anyway, online and in races in SP it is much better when it throws up random challenges during a race which I guess you have to be online for.

Keep this up DC.

Comment

Working...
                                X