No announcement yet.

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Claptrap must have some pretty good shield and health boosts in his skill tree, as I think my Wilhelm is only about half those values for both at level 36! Then again I went completely down the middle for him in NVHM, and spread a little to the right given the class mod I have, and now mostly progressing down the left in TVHM. But I can't say I've been in trouble so far in TVHM, and I'm up to just going into Crisis Scar. Either the Sham still works just about, or my weapons kill, or my transfusion grenade kills things dead, or Wolf/Saint do their job or... there's a few factors heh.

If I can, I'll check to see I can go online with a guest split screen tonight, and if so, then we should be good for Sub Level 13 cheevo.
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I checked and with my new White Lv 37 Ammo Regen (Team 0.9) Class Mod Clappy at Lv 37 has 4000 Shield and 6000 Health. I picked up a Meteoric Systems Purcge Oz Kit (probably from a side mission) which does a Nova using Oxygen when you shoot. Rather useful with Clappy though I tend to stick with the 3001.E. He does additional explosive damage (% chance) as part of the Boomtrap tree. With my Sniper doing 10K Critical it adds 20K Explosive occasionally.

I completed the Boomtrap tree as soon as I could which seemed most useful for solo play. LB occasionally gives Pirate Ship Mode where Clappy gains four cannons which do 10K damage each at the moment. As the frequency of shots increases towards the end of the time it is rather useful for difficult enemies. Needless to say it is pretty much random as to whether that is the ability you get. He can get one of the abilities from the Vault Hunters in B2... randomly, when you hit LB or one that does seem pretty useless where you bounce around, though you can use Slam Damage. I still have some more to unlock (needed for an Achievement) and use.

Comment

Yeah, I can imagine trying to get the achievement for that could be frustrating heh. And two of them are multiplayer only so I've read.

Wilhelm up to level 38 now, and I think my shield is about mid 2000s and health is just under 6000. I changed mod recently as it had far greater health regen and speeds up shield refresh/reduce shield delay, but at the cost of reducing the boost to the shield. Just working down the left side I imagine until I get to 50 (won't get to the bottom due to having 7 points in the right tree also).

I tried going online as myself plus a guest, and it worked fine, so if we can get together, both of us running split screen with guest accounts should work for the achievement.

Comment

Sorry not to have been on of an evening. I sometimes tend to have very odd sleeping times!

i've been trying out the Doppelganger. He has quite a useful ability. I've got him up to Lv 11. I was fighting Red and Belly (defeated once). When they respawned I had some issues with trying to kill them so abandoned progress for now. Prior to that I checked the vending machine in Concordia and there was a Level 8 Analytical Fatale. I had to find some extra stuff to sell to be able to afford it. Nice Freezing SMG (first SMG I've used to any extent in the game).

Comment

No worries about not being on, I haven't played a huge amount this week either. Been slowly trying for the challenges achievement (just got point blank shotgun kills left) and futilly trying to get the "ass slam three frozen enemies at the same time" cheevo. Is Claptrap a good character to get the "have an enemy under all four elements at the same time" achievement?

Yeah, Fatale is the bitch (to coin a phrase hah hah, it is similar to the Bitch from the first two games!). Especially the one I had at level 30 that had 30% chance to ignore shields on top. I was using that up until level 38-39 before managing to grind a new one.

Btw the hot fix from 11/11 now allows you to grind three purples, with a small chance to get a legendary out. Works for any item type, but mods have to be for the same character sadly (was trying to get a Celestial mod for my Wilhelm using random purple mods). Got a new Blowfly that way by grinding three purple pistols from the gold chest.

Comment

Doppelganger now Lv 14. Depending on enemies I can just stand there and watch the two of them go to work. Bottom of the tree makes one of them a BA with a 33% chance of respawns being one as well. The missile barrage sounds fun.

I got the Exali... for him as well, so the Fatale is in the Stash.

I'm doing the Davis Pickle mission with the double so I can use him for Sub Level 13.

Quite surprised to find a Legendary Cat-O-Nine-Tails laser (Lv 12) in a Dahl Chest, just before making my way to face the Skipper and Bosun on the Drakenburg.
              Last edited by Bassman; 14-11-2014, 09:28.

Comment

Legendaries seem to be appearing in silly numbers. In the last few days (with Jack) I've done pretty well...

Lv 14 Homing Caustic Leech Grenade Mod
                Lv 14 Rubberized Fire Bee Grenade Mod
                Lv 12 (maybe!) Cat O Nine Tails Laser from a Dahl Chest in Outlands Spur
                Lv 16 (?) Bouncing Bazza Grenade Mod (forget the exact type)
                Lv 19 3001.E Oz Kit
                Lv 18 Surgical (?) Pitchfork (Corrosive)
                Lv 14 (?) Predatious (?) Cryophobia from the Bosun... seemed to knock out Felicity pretty quickly.

This is well on a par with Borderlands 1 for legendaries!

I now have a Level 20 Doppelganger with the Helios mission to look forward too.

The Outlands Canyon story mission proved to be a total pain as I appeared to have lost the ability to get a Stingray over that gap. The number of attempts must have reached double figure before I finally made it. I never did particularly like platform games!!

Comment

Wow... a few other folks on GameFaqs commented that they appeared to get slightly more legendaries with Jack. Maybe there's some truth in it? I got a total of 3 legendaries in my first run with Wilhelm outside grinding, and one of those was the Oz kit mission reward!

As for the Stingray bit, yeah, it took me about 5-6 attempts to get over that sodding jump the first time. Because I knew you had to be over ground for the boost to work, I thought you'd have to hit it early on the ramp to float over. No, actually you have to leave it to the last moment for it to work. In co-op with my brother, did it first time. Once I told him he had to leave it to the last moment, he did it first time as well, and he's usually crap at that sort of thing!

Comment

Finished this last night at level 27. Enjoyed it a lot. Last boss was pretty good I thought. Not as good as 2 and a bit buggy (I saw no bugs in 2) but good fun.

Comment

I hope you stayed all the way through the credits to see the scene at the end

Comment

I now have the Doppelganger up to Level 25. With the left tree maxxed out now, his ability does seem to dispatch enemies pretty swiftly, the missles from the BA ones being rahter handy, especially if you get two BA digi-copies (one is guaranteed initially). If you don't move they will stay on the map until they are "killed" at which point another appears (33% chance of a BA) until the skill has run its duration. If you keep moving they will continually respawn.

Comment

Working...
                        X