No announcement yet.

Lords of the Fallen review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you spend your limited budget on the PS4 port of a game you already own instead of playing a great new entry in the format? seriously?

do yourself a favor, buy Lords of the Fallen now (it's already down in price) and wait for the PS4 DS2 to come down in price. this wont take long anyway as people will come realize they can't transfer their saves and have to grind through the game allover again.

Comment

You can't transfer your saves?! Screw that. I didn't know that! In that case I'll take your advice and buy Lords of the Fallen instead. I wanted the PS4 port as it includes all the DLC... not for the main game...

Comment

Dark souls 2 sounded poor. I didn't want to taint the series so skipped it. I'm all over bloodborne though!

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
          just look at the number of posts here! this forum was always a bastion of Dark Souls fans - where are they now?
          Umm...If they're anything like me, probably waiting for the real thing from From.

Comment

Originally posted by darkangel View Post
            You can't transfer your saves?! Screw that. I didn't know that! In that case I'll take your advice and buy Lords of the Fallen instead. I wanted the PS4 port as it includes all the DLC... not for the main game...
            yes, i was also interested in playing the DLC with better graphics. but this unfourtunately means to play through the game all over again from level 0 and i really don't have this time. so i will play it on my PS3 eventually.

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
            Umm...If they're anything like me, probably waiting for the real thing from From.
            well, luckily there are also open minded fans of the Souls series, even if far and few between
            a bit of competition surely wouldn't hurt the development of Dark Souls 3, so i really wish the game sales will be sufficient to warrant the development of a successor.
            Last edited by Uli; 27-01-2015, 23:02.

Comment

To be honest, as great as Dark Souls was, it's Demon Souls I keep on returning to. I personally prefer Demon Souls to Dark Souls, but I know allot of fans are split between the two which is fair enough. I guess what I'm trying to say is, is that I'd prefer From Software to make a true Demon Souls sequel, rather than a third entry to a spin off of Demon Souls.

Comment

i really wish the game sales will be sufficient to warrant the development of a successor.
                Looks like they've started on a sequel. I'm gonna give this a go at some point when it's down to ?15ish.

Work on Lords of the Fallen 2 has begun.Executive producer Tomasz Gop confirmed it in an email to me this morning. "We'…

Comment

yes work already started but we all know this doesn't always mean the games will get released eventually. initial sales were pretty poor as far as i know. just 700.000 copies made it to retail from which 200.000 were sold through. but with a budget of 12 million usd there is hope they game will eventually break even combining retail and digital distribution.

Dark Souls-like RPG ships 700,000 units to retailers, while Ancient Labyrinth expansion is announced.

Comment

well, luckily there are also open minded fans of the Souls series, even if far and few between
                    a bit of competition surely wouldn't hurt the development of Dark Souls 3, so i really wish the game sales will be sufficient to warrant the development of a successor.
                    I was following development of it when I saw a dev interview and he basically said "It's our take on the souls games even though we know it'll never be on the same level as them." He poured the meh all over his own game. Didn't really sell it well at all

That said, I thought DS2 was average.

Comment

Originally posted by darkangel View Post
                      To be honest, as great as Dark Souls was, it's Demon Souls I keep on returning to. I personally prefer Demon Souls to Dark Souls, but I know allot of fans are split between the two which is fair enough. I guess what I'm trying to say is, is that I'd prefer From Software to make a true Demon Souls sequel, rather than a third entry to a spin off of Demon Souls.
                      I'm with you on this. Demon's Souls is the business. The server-based multiplayer means that the world feels more alive.

Comment

I was following development of it when I saw a dev interview and he basically said "It's our take on the souls games even though we know it'll never be on the same level as them." He poured the meh all over his own game. Didn't really sell it well at all

That said, I thought DS2 was average.
                        average compared to what? well, i loved it, even though i enjoyed Demon Souls and Dark Souls more due to their world design. i think DS2 had a few new features like the bonfire jump to location which turned out helpful.

my point is, however, that competitive games like Lords of the Fallen, regardless their quality, will eventually help to make better Soul games. so if you insist on ignoring this game, you not only miss out on a great game but also wont help to make future Souls games a better experience than Dark Souls 2.

Comment

So, in not having played Lords of the Fallen, I'm actively hindering From from making better Souls games?

Comment

From Software don't need to take any leaf out of Lords of The Fallen to make DS3, what they make is utterly unique. If anything they do need to change things round abit for DS3. The issue is that the game director of Dark Souls was not in charge of DS2, which is why I think it was for me anyway a disappointing sequel. The improvements worked but let's face it, it really was not as good as Dark Souls. But all I want is a true Demon Souls sequel with the original team in charge of it.

Comment

the game really grows on me. i especially like the risk reward system with the multiplier, which makes grinding lot more fun and less time consuming.

so far a solid 7/10, with the potential for an 8/10.

So, in not having played Lords of the Fallen, I'm actively hindering From from making better Souls games?
                              no, it's just about the sales. so after purchase you can go on ignoring it sitting on your shelf
                              Last edited by Uli; 30-01-2015, 03:18.

Comment

finished the game at level 65 and put about 30 hours in it. the game has a few minor quality issues but i am really glad i stuck with it as it gets better and better and even has real challenging endboss including a satisfying ending that sums up your achievements and sets you up for NG+. i think i enjoyed LotF even more than Darl Souls 2. the great combat system combined with the dark gothic setting and the rich visuals really make this game shine. looking forward to the upcoming DLC that is also supposed to fix the inconsistent framerate.

a shame it's gets widely ignored here.

8/10

Comment

Working...
                                X