No announcement yet.

GTA V PS4/XBOX ONE review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over 20 hours in this time, (45 hours on the PS3 version) and I'm just doing the main story missions. Still loving the game!

The gameworld continues to amaze me!

Comment

hi Matt! yes, GTA5 is amazing in every way and the level of quality and detail that was put into it is pure mindblowing. you always have the feeling you are part of living breezing world. last night i came across Ursula when she was hitchhiking - one of the many WTF! moments in the game. it seemed completely random when i was on my way back from an assassination mission on top of mount Chiliad at night. i photographed the most amazing sunset by the way! unfourtunately i can't access my pics in full screen glory (see post above).

Comment

Originally posted by MarioMark View Post
        It's same on both my TVs, maybe I'll check if RGB range is enabled on my Xbox.

There's a few people complaining online that the Xbox One version has this horrible haze in day time.
        That will be deliberate, to give it a filmic look. Google teal / orange to see a whole bunch of examples

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
          hi Matt! yes, GTA5 is amazing in every way and the level of quality and detail that was put into it is pure mindblowing. you always have the feeling you are part of living breezing world. last night i came across Ursula when she was hitchhiking - one of the many WTF! moments in the game. it seemed completely random when i was on my way back from an assassination mission on top of mount Chiliad at night. i photographed the most amazing sunset by the way! unfourtunately i can't access my pics in full screen glory (see post above).
          In the gallery from the menu you right click the R stick and publish to rockstar, then from their web page you can get the HD URL for the pictures.

I found a white water rafting center yesterday and had fun on the rapids

Game is just incredible really.

Comment

So is all this stuff like the white water rapids centre and random hitch-hiking all in the 360 version?

The maps not smaller, is it?

Are the main differences the shiny shiny graphics, FPV mode and playing as animals?

Comment

This is incredibly immature, and I need to grow up, but I couldn't help laughing like a loon at tazering someone in the boingloins

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                So is all this stuff like the white water rapids centre and random hitch-hiking all in the 360 version?

Are the main differences the shiny shiny graphics, FPV mode and playing as animals?
                its pretty much the same game as PS3, l did 45 hours on that version, but I feel the extra diversity of traffic, vegetation, high res textures, improved lighting, shadows, draw distance and expanded music etc are so much more than say Last of Us which didn't feel significantly different. This game feels like you ar actually experiencing the devs vision as they wanted it in the first place. It's a fantastic experience.

Comment

If you are thinking of getting this then do. I have it on PS3 and it's absolutely superb. The world blows me away enough even on a last gen system.

Comment

Thanks, Cappers!

I'm not going to get a new console just to play it, but eventually I'll definitely get a copy on 360 now I know it's not massively compromised.

EDIT: and Nakamura. Posted at the same time so missed your reply.
                    Last edited by QualityChimp; 03-12-2014, 21:47.

Comment

Finished story mode on Tuesday night on ps4.
                      Managed to bag the CD limited edition GTA V Soundtrack

Comment

I'm not going to get a new console just to play it, but eventually I'll definitely get a copy on 360 now I know it's not massively compromised.
                        i would say the new first person view and the overall technical improvements are totally worth buying a new system for.

GTA 5 most likely is the most sophisticated piece of entertainment software we have today and simply deserves to be experienced in the best possible way!

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
                        In the gallery from the menu you right click the R stick and publish to rockstar, then from their web page you can get the HD URL for the pictures.
                        thanks mate, didn't see it. it's working now.

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
                          i would say the new first person view and the overall technical improvements are totally worth buying a new system for.
                          I fully and totally agree. I'm not into the violence side of things, but the gameworld could be used for a huge number of different games I think. Incredible stuff. The details make me smile, like being in FPS mode and having a landing gear light so you don't need to go third person. Same with headlights in the cars.

It's the best technology I've seen. The missions themselves are great fun. (in a 8/10 kind of way) but the voice acting, the scale of the map and the details are without doubt 10/10.

I suppose it's a 9 for me. I did prefer the GTAIV story and character better, but this game is in another league technically. Next step: Every building should be explorable!

Comment

Ha, thanks, but I'd rather drop around twenty notes than nearly four hundred!

Comment

not trying to convince anybody here, just saying that if there's any software out that is totally worth the cost of a new system than it's got to be GTA5. besides, how long do you intend to stick with last gen hardware anyway?

@ Matt, just think of this: GTA5 is basically a last gen achievement. imagine what Rockstar might be able to do in a GTA6 that's technically fully dedicated to PS4/XBox One? i guess more explorable building will be the least advancement we can expect here!

Comment

This is THE reason to buy a PS4 as far as Im concerned. 1 x PS4 + GTA5 is all the kids need for Xmas I was thinking the same thing when I first fired this up on the PS4, this is LAST GEN ffs. GTA6 will be truly something jaw dropping but I imagine we'll get another episode or 2 of GTA5 before we see 6. I'm only about 35% into the main story as I've play just a couple missions a week or so so taking it slowly. Really hope Lemar gets his own series, I also would like to see Rockstar take on London again. The script and voice acting in this suggests to me they're capable and would not do an obvious crappy Guy Ritchie take on it like Sonys dreadful Getaway.

Comment

Working...
                                X