Dragon Age Inquisition Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad View Post
    Still sounds like garbage to me. A jump button? Are you kidding me?
    Oh my god it has a jump button! ..urm yeah it does and you need it to be able to....jump.

Comment

Yeah slightly overreacted there lol. Write ups here make me want to play it. I was just disappointed they didn't make the exact game I wanted to play, silly really.

Comment

Anyone encountered the lack of party 'banter' bug?

Comment

I think that's by design, just a lot less of it if you just roam the field doing resource side quest crap. There's plenty in the main missions at least. I do keep running into the dialogue in cutscenes not loading in if you play for more than 1hr(it seems), haveto keep tapping the skip button to get out of it, happened in 1 unimportant backstory for Dorian and in a important custcene with Loghain and Hawke.

Killed my first dragon at lvl13, I think I was to underleveled for the Hinterlands dragon (orange one), party members kept taking to much damage and become impossible to man manage when the adds came in at 1/4 HP, cameras in to close and the dragon moves to fast with some annoying aoe moves. Ended up taking 8 adds plus the dragon solo as the fully perked shield/sword combo, barely scratched me as I slowly chipped away at his legs and arms , got a bunch of equipment I couldn't use as I and the rest of the KO'd team are under the lvl limit.

Comment

a quick question: can warriors classes use bows and get skilled in using them? using archery seems to be a lot of fun here....

Comment

no bows for warriors as they're locked to 1 handed sword/axe/mace +shield or 2 handed great sword/axe. The 3 classes will lock you in to a set of perks, weapon and armour types for the rest of the game as it has impact on how characters treat you (mage characters will see the biggest difference). You can at least reset your perks as often as you like (for a tiny sum for 200g in skyhold)

Comment

already guessed so. too bad. i would like to play an archer but also like to engage enemies close quarter and bash them with my big sword.

anybody here chose to play an archer and can report whether combat is satisfying?

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
                  already guessed so. too bad. i would like to play an archer but also like to engage enemies close quarter and bash them with my big sword.

anybody here chose to play an archer and can report whether combat is satisfying?
                  I have been playing this for about 5 hours with my archer and i have found it very satisfying. One bonus of being an archer is that if you want some up close and personal fighting you can always switch to daggers

Comment

glad to hear, thanks! i will give it a try then. besides, i can always chose to fight with Cassandra, right?

Comment

The only problem with switching from bows to daggers is that for some stupid reason you cannot do it on the fly, nor can you change through the inventory if engaged in battle.

Comment

i just came to notice this myself. wasted 2 ability points on daggers just to learn i can't use them in combination with my bow. what a stupid design choice to have no secondary weapon slot, the switch with LT during a fight would have been perfect!

can i get my ability points back somehow or do i have to start all over?

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
                          i just came to notice this myself. wasted 2 ability points on daggers just to learn i can't use them in combination with my bow. what a stupid design choice to have no secondary weapon slot, the switch with LT during a fight would have been perfect!

can i get my ability points back somehow or do i have to start all over?
                          Yeah i found this to be bloody stupid too. Would much like to be able to kick things off with the bow and switch to daggers from close range combat. Even more so when the enemy starts coming after me for some one on one combat.

Comment

Bizarre. So is archer the only class with no secondary weapon slot?

Comment

Perk reset can be brought at the smithy shop in Haven/Skyhold.

There is no real 2nd slot for any job, you either use 1handed+shield/double dagger/2 handed/staff/bow. It does suck there's not at least a weapon change function which could cost some stamina so you can go sword/shield to 2 handed on warrior or bow to daggers on rouge. To be fair they've at least added a trees worth across all the rogue perks for self-defence like the flipping upside down arrow thing.

I might have missed it but had anyone found any kind of storage function, its was DLC in origins, in from the start once you got a home in DA2 but i'm constantly 60/90(max for inventory I think) after emptying out the trash for gold... I can only see it getting worse trying to get 4x resistant sets for rings, weapons and armours(+arm/feet addons), as there just noway none-shield/sword combo warriors to survive the various dragon elemental attacks, yesterday I took on the stormy coast dragon on at lvl 16(15 for npcs), and the elemental homing attacks you can't avoid just destroy the party... ended up soloing the dragon to a stalemate, he couldn't damage me and I couldn't effectively damage him as he puts up about a 10k shield, which you have to take down to damage him and then he throws it up again 30sec to 1 minutes after it down... gave up. Will be going back again once I find whatever items for building custom armour help with lightening resistance(which I haven't come across yet, only found belts @+7 and 14)
                              Last edited by Tobal; 05-12-2014, 18:11.

Comment

found the perk reset item - thank god! i only hope they will add a character customization option via patch or DLC because my carefully crafted male archer looks kind of gay actually.

what do i do with all the Elfroot i find? can i make health potions out of them? how?

Comment

Working...
                                X