No announcement yet.

Dragon Age Inquisition Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

via at camp sites or your homebase you can restock HP potions and certain other things like HP regen potions, should auto fill the standard HP potions if you quick travel to a camp or rest at one. You can also set a 2nd and 3rd potion type(depending on wartable Perks)so you can add things like HP/MP regen, grenade and resistances, all these and HP potions can be upgraded back at the homebase using various rare items, once you level the skyhold garden up you can start randomly picking up seeds off the plant life to make your own (only needs 1 set of seeds to be used forever).

ran into the no music bug in tonight's play through... followed by the rifts I was clearing in emerald grove not loading in the demons.

Comment

Does that story actually get interesting? So far i have spent about 10 hours, most of which questing in the Hinterlands but the story missions so far are just so dull, its not quite clicking for me yet.

Comment

if your still questing in the 1st area after 2hrs your not doing the story missions(I think it should be just 2 starter quests, find and help horse farmer, and find redcliffe). Go to the wartable and open up the greenfire objectives to move the main story along, or at least open new areas which are the triangle looking columns which often lead to new party members and areas.

Big tip in this game to keep it interesting, do not stay in single area if you have the war power to move on as you'll end up doing boring side questing and in the case of hinterlands the 1st area, over level for the rest of the game makes the story missions(when you do, do them) far to easy (unless you like to play like that)

Comment

also still stuck in the Hinterland with no idea which missions are story missions to drive forward the game. do these missions have a special icon?

it's really fun though to explore the world. it's been crafted with a lot of love as far as i can tell. i hope there are a few dungeons to explore as well, haven't come across one yet. just a shame the game's next gen-presentation is hold back by it's cross gen-technology.

Comment

Exit hinterlands using the map in the options menu, then choose world map, go back to Haven and go to the war table (and/or talk to npcs to open up extra wartable missions/searches) or if you've missed a main quest go to the journal and check the inquisition mission log at the top, this list has all the main story quests, the rest are quests in local map order.

The Dungeons on the large maps are usually 5 mins kill tour with a couple of exceptions, most of the traditional dungeon'ing is found opening up small maps from the war table with war power points.

below is the emerald graves, bigger map than hinterlands. A at the end of the long 20mins fight vs 5 giants.. im down to the last on its aoe attack angers the local wildlife. (dual tanks cos its I need cassie on mission, and is the only one who can take aoe attacks)

Comment

thanks mate, guess i will do the remaining base camps then head back to the HQ.

does interacting with the rifts actually do anything? i can never tell. and what became of party chatting? i can't talk to them and they don't talk much either. that's a pity because the party dialogue was always a highlight in DA games.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                if your still questing in the 1st area after 2hrs your not doing the story missions(I think it should be just 2 starter quests, find and help horse farmer, and find redcliffe). Go to the wartable and open up the greenfire objectives to move the main story along, or at least open new areas which are the triangle looking columns which often lead to new party members and areas.

Big tip in this game to keep it interesting, do not stay in single area if you have the war power to move on as you'll end up doing boring side questing and in the case of hinterlands the 1st area, over level for the rest of the game makes the story missions(when you do, do them) far to easy (unless you like to play like that)
                Good advice I think i have fallen victim to playing it this way. I have spent just about my entire game time in the Hinterlands just doing endless fetch quests which explains why im getting a little bored with it.

Time to explore to other regions and try and get into the story a bit more

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
                  does interacting with the rifts actually do anything? i can never tell. and what became of party chatting? i can't talk to them and they don't talk much either. that's a pity because the party dialogue was always a highlight in DA games.
                  The rift option during the fights will stun and weaken all the demons still alive.

Comment

Are there still relationship quests in this? I will be disappoint if there is no longer dwarf on dwarf sexy times!

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
                      Are there still relationship quests in this? I will be disappoint if there is no longer dwarf on dwarf sexy times!
                      Relationships are certainly in, this time the characters have clear disposition to genders so you can't make for example, Cassie a lesbian and instead you get friendship as a female. There's 2 dwarfs I've seen, Varric and scout Harding...

Seems you can go over the exp usual Bioware lvl20 cap as I've now reach 21, and i'm finding with the absence of healing magic makes rogue melee and 2handed warriors are absolutely useless as like in the previous games they take damage regardless of how well the tank does mainly down the AoE nature of magic, 2 handers(and heavy mobs), and double daggers which leads them using up a lot of healing potions (meaning a lot of trips back to camp to refill).

I've taken to turning all Rogues to Bow users and my warriors when I need to use them in 1handed+shield users so they can provide damage and not take any, which has been super useful on personal missions, mission where they would useful (Blackwall in the grey warden story) and vs Dragons.
                      Last edited by Tobal; 08-12-2014, 09:30.

Comment

This looks a good game for someone who loved Skyrim and wants something similar.

Comment

Its nothing like Skyrim aside from the similar fantasy setting and large play area(s), it has more in common to the Knights of the Old republic games or Mass Effect with large maps and swords.

Comment

i am going with 2 archer rogues (Sera and my character), mage (Solos) and Cassandra as tank. i am level 9 at 20 hours, just took Skyhold.

can someone tell me how to close the breach in the river canyon (Hinterland, near the farm)? the second wave of these frost beam shooting ghouls keep killing my entire party. what can i best do about them?

Comment

On the 2nd wave, you should hopefully have dispel on solos, if you slow-moe in tactical cam while there poping in, there names will pop before they do and aim dispel on 1 of the ice demons (of 2 in that wave), after that have Cassandra challenge the other and warcry the tall green things, work on the weak spirit demons 1st.

Comment

I am not playing this much yet though I have done a fair amount from the Crossroads and do tend to get sucked in somewhat when I play.

I had a Rift fight which i was in serious danger of losing (not for the first time either) and I wasn't sure which save it would revert to as I had done no manial ones in a while. I decided to do a runner as in these sort of situations reviving usually seems somewhat futile. I ran with my one remaining character (Varric) and though the enemies were still attacking for a bit, I managed to get out of range. At that point the three downed characters were suddenly with me with half health. Useful...

Just had am uipdate. Checked the informtion and it was pretty extensive.

Comment

Working...
                                X