The Order 1886 review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
    You should have just gone with a HD playthrough on YouTube J0e, that's what I did.
    Shouldn't that be classed as piracy? It'd be like watching a HD rip of Jurassic Park 4 on Youtube.

Comment

It's a mundane title. I don't like the way it forces you to do a load of annoying walking. There's got to be at least an hour of just holding forward on the stick. You aren't free to explore after all, so there's no need for it. I get bored after five-ten minutes of play.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
        It's a mundane title. I don't like the way it forces you to do a load of annoying walking. There's got to be at least an hour of just holding forward on the stick. You aren't free to explore after all, so there's no need for it. I get bored after five-ten minutes of play.
        It is the best 'Walk em up' you have ever played?

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
          Shouldn't that be classed as piracy? It'd be like watching a HD rip of Jurassic Park 4 on Youtube.
          Can tell you're a Nintendo fan with a reply with that

Comment

This is ?13 delivered from the games collection, so thought I'd give it a bash as that's nothing for a nights entertainment (assuming I got that out of it). First impressions are actually alright?

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
              Balls to that! If a movie likes to call itself a game, then something should be expected on the game front...i think naughty dog has the balance just about right on the cinematic front, anything less gameplay wise is a piss take and shouldn't be dressed up as a "game" at all. Perhaps its a little more forgivable if the project is indie like "the walking dead" because the cost of entry is low...? per hour of entertainment ratio.

I have no pity for the devs in this case though, if people watch the HD play through on youtube its likely because they have heard its barely a game at all, beyond some very basic forced controls which feel pointless and only serve to irritate as joe pointed out.

If these big devs have questionable scruples when producing something which is supposed to be AAA, then i personally have no problem treating their projects in the same way.

Not saying i condone piracy in any way, but sometimes something comes along which certainly makes a case for it...
              Last edited by PaTaito; 26-09-2015, 19:10.

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
                Balls to that! If a movie likes to call itself a game, then something should be expected on the game front...i think naughty dog has the balance just about right on the cinematic front, anything less gameplay wise is a piss take and shouldn't be dressed up as a "game" at all. Perhaps its a little more forgivable if the project is indie like "the walking dead" because the cost of entry is low...? per hour of entertainment ratio.

I have no pity for the devs in this case though, if people watch the HD play through on youtube its likely because they have heard its barely a game at all, beyond some very basic forced controls which feel pointless and only serve to irritate as joe pointed out.

If these big devs have questionable scruples when producing something which is supposed to be AAA, then i personally have no problem treating their projects in the same way.

Not saying i condone piracy in any way, but sometimes something comes along which certainly makes a case for it...
                Naughty Dog games are 95% gameplay. And long!

Comment

I played up to chapter IV there and I actually quite like it.

Comment

Well you're going to think I'm taking the piss here, but I really enjoyed it, and I'm not joking.

Possibly the best looking game I've ever seen, superb sound, good story, enjoyable gunplay. No denying there was more film than game, but I just really got in to it. I'd definitely be up for a follow up. For the tenner or so it cost it was the best bit of current gen entertainment I've had in a loooooooong time. (I wouldn't have felt robbed paying more)

Comment

Edit. Ignore. Woops

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                        Well you're going to think I'm taking the piss here, but I really enjoyed it, and I'm not joking.

Possibly the best looking game I've ever seen, superb sound, good story, enjoyable gunplay. No denying there was more film than game, but I just really got in to it. I'd definitely be up for a follow up. For the tenner or so it cost it was the best bit of current gen entertainment I've had in a loooooooong time. (I wouldn't have felt robbed paying more)
                        Agree with all of this - loved the game, one of the most enjoyable games I've played this year. Well worth ?10-?15 and 8-10 hours of anyone's time (and more, if you like backtracking for collectables/trophy hunting).

Only difference between Colin and I is that I paid ?32 to preorder on the PSN store.....not such a good deal!

Comment

I'm only on Chapter 2 on the replay of this but that's because I nodded off. For some reason I wanted to revisit this and the brief bit I've played still plays well, I say brief because it has so little gameplay in the early chapters. The universe still holds interest and potential but it's staggering as to just how misguided this game was on some levels. a proper Pro support patch would be nice but despite the soft fuzz the resolution brings to it the game is still exceptionally good looking.

Comment

I actually thought it was pretty good, by no means great but the world is great and potential sequels could be awesome. I loved the story and I must admit Galahad had the most awesome lamb chops ever.

Edit: I'm sure I wrote a much better post first time 'round but those words are lost in time, like tears in rain
                            Last edited by Finsbury Girl; 13-04-2018, 18:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                              I'm only on Chapter 2 on the replay of this but that's because I nodded off. For some reason I wanted to revisit this and the brief bit I've played still plays well, I say brief because it has so little gameplay in the early chapters. The universe still holds interest and potential but it's staggering as to just how misguided this game was on some levels. a proper Pro support patch would be nice but despite the soft fuzz the resolution brings to it the game is still exceptionally good looking.
                              I think they were unfortunate, because it was unveiled during a slew of 4-player game releases, and the trailer IIRC had four prominent characters, so people expected something different. I haven't played it personally but I remember this being much discussed at the time.

Comment

I enjoyed it. I think they really could have developed a great sequel if they'd made a follow up, resolving the flaws of the first.

Comment

Working...
                                X