The Order 1886 review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Order 1886 review

Well it's here,for me at leastCan't say I've ever witnessed a more ripped apart pre game release everSign of the times or have people got too much time on their hands???but I digress onto the game
    Day one patch comes in at 30mb which is very small by this gen standards.
    Graphics are excellent,Whitechapel looks quite authentic,character models are well detailed.Sound is also of a high standard with an excellent score.The game engine is impressive and I have no problems with the bordering of the screen display.
    Story looks to be well done and flows smoothly through the cut scenes into gameplay mode.The controls of the weapons in 3rd/1st person mode is great and taking cover is quite instinctive.

A huge deal has been made about the games length.There were 3 difficulty option for me to choose,so I choose the Hard setting.Chapter 1 took me around 40mins to complete as like all new games I play,I like to have a nose about
    I've just started Chapter 3 after nearly 2 hours but I'm not rushing through the game
    I can see why Ready at Dawn has come out with the line that some gamers will love it,some will hate it.For me I'm in the love camp as the atmosphere,story,graphics,sound and gameplay are doing it for me
    If you like your games story driven and balanced with gameplay then this could be for you.Gamers who are looking for a Victorian cal of duty,stay well clear
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

Bugger was using my I pad and pressed before adding a poll,can someone please add a poll option

Comment

Nice one Edd, looking forward to following your progress with this. One question I do have, is regarding character levelling up & customisation. Is there any sense of Last of Us style weapon pimping etc?

Comment

Originally posted by dave heats View Post
        Nice one Edd, looking forward to following your progress with this. One question I do have, is regarding character levelling up & customisation. Is there any sense of Last of Us style weapon pimping etc?
        Don't think there's any levelling up mate,haven't experienced anything.Only thing I've experienced is weapons testing
        This is definitely a MARMITE game,you're either going to love it or hate it
        For me,it's a perfect blend of story telling and character interaction with a great atmosphere.I have no intentions of ploughing through it

Comment

Thanks for adding the Poll option

Comment

looks like the game succeeds in combining the worst elements of both movies and games, turning out as a playable graphics demo from start to finish. from what i have played the shooting sections, while having braindead AI, are solid at least, so i can see why some people might still get some enjoyment out of it. ulitmately though, this game feels like an anachronism to me.

Comment

Only a quick go, and I say that after over an hours play as there's so much cutscene to sit through. If it had been a launch game it would have been a perfect mirror for Sony to MS's Ryse. Stunning, short and fairly fun but ultimately destined to be forgotten

Comment

i see these comparisons with Ryse a lot in the feedback and reviews but i highly doubt these are based on first hand experience as Ryse ranks as one of the most fun and addictive games in my X1 collection. and it's also not a short game if you play on normal difficulty because the combat system is challenging and takes time to master. replayability is also high with a comprehensive and rewarding skill upgrade system and tons of collectibles, not to forget online co-op challenges.

Comment

one thing i would like to know with the order 1886 once people have completed it is would you go back and play it ? or are we going to see a wave of it being sold on ?

Comment

Sold on. I'm enjoying it for what it is but I'm feeling no compulsion to go through it again once done. From where I am now to where the end is supposed to be, two decent sittings to complete it seems. The setting is brilliant, if it focused on gunplay more instead of cutscenes it could be a more grown up and for me appealing Gears style game. It's just not fleshed out anywhere near enough

Comment

the internet is unforgiving and cruel

Comment

Very good! (the above video, that is)

Comment

Ready at dawn. Finished by breakfast!

Comment

already see the first one for sale in the buy and sell part of the forum

Comment

For the most part, the more I play the more I get into it. Chapter XI is the perfect image of tedium though, almost killed it for me but seems to be getting back on track

Comment

Working...
                              X