No announcement yet.

Resident Evil Revelations 2 review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought this on-disk, and am now up to what looks like the final boss. Against my expectations (I really disliked Revelations 1), I thought that this has been excellent, easily the best Resi title since Mikami left. The story isn't going to win any awards, but doesn't lose its focus, and Edge were on the money in saying that the game just feels more self-aware.

A shooting accident at Barry's home was a nice counterpoint to the series' love of firearms.

The gameplay's a nice combination of the now-standard Resi 4 style with Claire and cheerfully nicking several elements from The Last of Us for Barry & Natalia.

Comment

Finally got to cracking this open recently, and have been playing through in local co-op. It's been fun! Definitely nothing special, and plenty rough around the edges, but fairly solid, plenty of tense moments, and a nicely self-contained game. Player two gets a little bit of a raw deal but it's at least a new approach rather than just chucking in more firepower. Bit gutted that we ended up with the bad ending (and certainly not in any rush to replay the last chapter), but YouTube had me covered on that front.

Comment

Just to be sure, this was next-gen machines only, right? It never came out on 3DS?

Comment

No 3DS but it's on Vita apparently.

Comment

Working...
          X