Devil May Cry Definitive Edition review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devil May Cry Definitive Edition review

Dante is back in 1080p gloryCrisp and colourful with a 60fps framerate.
    The game plays really well,graphics are a step up slightly and the 60fps makes a difference(PS4)
    The definitive edition comes with alternative costumes,hardcore mode,turbo mode and bloody place extras.
    Turbo mode speeds the game up by 20% which can be selected on the shop/next mission screen.Bloody Palace mode is unlocked when the game has been completed.
    Overall,it plays really well,the increased framerate makes the difference for me and only hiccups at the start of a level,otherwise quite stable.If your looking to replay or first time to play,this is going quite cheap as I've seen it selling it for ?20 new
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

How on earth do you keep getting all these games early?

What system are you playing on? I've seen it for ?22.99 from argos, but I'm still trying to decide which system I want to get it for.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Moss View Post
      How on earth do you keep getting all these games early?

What system are you playing on? I've seen it for ?22.99 from argos, but I'm still trying to decide which system I want to get it for.
      It's who you know
      PS4 version forgot about that

Comment

I have this since the weekend too. Its a really great remaster. I skipped the original and glad I did. The framerate is rock solid, IQ is great and Hardcore + Turbo mode make this actually a good DMC entry.

DMC1 Dante and DLC being included is nice as well. Great value for money. Currently at Mission 13 on Nephilim Hardcore.

Comment

First I have heard about this. Definitive edition of which game? The first one?

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
            First I have heard about this. Definitive edition of which game? The first one?
            The Ninja Theory "reboot".

Comment

'Definitive'? Give it four years.

Comment

Ninja Theory are such a brilliant developer it makes me sad that they never seem to get the backing or recognition they deserve . This game is ace fun and now even better thanks to the 60 fps on the consoles

Comment

Gonna pick this up as I never played it first time round. Is the difficulty somewhat like Devil May Cry 4? I'm praying it's not too hard because DMC3 sent me insane lol.

Comment

DmC is baby mode. There's absolutely no challenge.

It plays well enough though so don't let that put you off. Not one I would revisit but I did enjoy it on the PS3.

Edit: Will say I only played it on Normal! Other DMC titles proved a far greater challenge on Normal though.

The bosses in particular here feel like the biggest disappointment, they're basically "find the QTE" and then the fight is over after doing it 3 times or so.
                    Last edited by speedlolita; 10-03-2015, 21:18.

Comment

I am actually relieved to hear it's quite easy. Not ready to be relentlessly bossed by it!

Comment

It gets up there with the best on higher difficulties, with only the framerate having let it down. So 60fps must be an improvement. The Vergil fight in the add-on at highest difficulty is close to classic DMC3 imho.

Comment

I don't rate Ninja Theory at all for game play but they do great art. This game is very good though.

Comment

I enjoyed this on PS3 as others have said do not think it flows as well combat wise as Devil May Cry or DMC3/Bayonetta. Was enjoyable though. Thought the level design was a step up from the usual Devil May Cry stuff. Also thought the bosses in DMC are not as to fight though the set pieces around them when on the boss were brilliant. For me they rate as DMC-DMC3-DMC-DMC4-DMC2. Imagine 60fps would add some stuff to DMC.
                            Last edited by JU!; 14-03-2015, 15:04.

Comment

I'm up to level 9 on this now and I'm really enjoying it. Looks and plays really nice on the xbox one. There's a lot of variety in the weapons you can use to build up your combos with an intuitive method to swap between them instantly. It makes you feel really good even if like me you're decidedly average.
                              The dialogue in some of the cut-scenes so far has been hilarious so that's always a bonus. I did try out the classic costumes but unfortunately they don't always show up in the cut-scenes which is a bit jarring so I've stuck to the standard skin.

Comment

Working...
                              X