No announcement yet.

Bloodborne review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a little bored. I WILL get the platinum, just not yet.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I'm digging deeper and deeper into these Chalice Dungeons now, and although there's a lot of cool stuff to be found they kind of get boring quite fast. Some are massive too, and with the cut+paste 'random' side of things they get a little samey, and at the same time confusing to navigate.

I'm glad I'm not stoned whilst playing.

Comment

Defeated

the two witches, the third boss in the first Chalice Dungeon, and Vicar Amelia

at the first try. Mhmm...but...after
        , where do I go? :P

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
          NG++ now for the final ending, then it's Chalice Dungeons ahoy.
          Give me first dibs on the trade forums then.
          I guess I owe it to myself to play the best game on PS4, despite my lack of skills & patience.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
            Defeated

the two witches, the third boss in the first Chalice Dungeon, and Vicar Amelia

at the first try. Mhmm...but...after
            , where do I go? :P

Forbidden Woods

I think that's your next destination...

How to get there:

After you kill Amelia the altar just next to her will play a cutscene, once this is over you have the password to open a door near in the area

Comment

Originally posted by Budge74 View Post
              Give me first dibs on the trade forums then.
              I guess I owe it to myself to play the best game on PS4, despite my lack of skills & patience.
              Sorry mate, I'll be giving it to my friend as thanks for him loaning his console out to me.

Comment

Plodding through this slowly, but blood starved beast is giving me a head ache. I usually throw an oil urn then molotovs, but he demolishes me when the close combat starts. Any tips?

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                  Plodding through this slowly, but blood starved beast is giving me a head ache. I usually throw an oil urn then molotovs, but he demolishes me when the close combat starts. Any tips?
                  Keep your weapon in secondary (two-handed) mode, I've found that reach is vital in this battle. Don't stay too far away, rather charge the BSB on your left (its right side): this will usually trigger an easily avoidable right hand swing, and you can score a couple of hits. During the BSB's third phase, don't stay too close, and heal/cure poison ASAP. Other than that, it's like the first two phases only faster.

Comment

Took me a week to take down BSB so I'm expecting this game to last me several months. I felt really guilty when I finally did it too - this time I decided to let a co-op player do most of the work, and he got killed when the boss was down to a slither of energy, and I finished it off with a couple of blows. Incredibly, I'd been poisoned and hadn't noticed, and died myself within seconds of taking the beast down. Luckily the checkpoint had been triggered.

Comment

Originally posted by bcass View Post
                      Took me a week to take down BSB so I'm expecting this game to last me several months. I felt really guilty when I finally did it too - this time I decided to let a co-op player do most of the work, and he got killed when the boss was down to a slither of energy, and I finished it off with a couple of blows. Incredibly, I'd been poisoned and hadn't noticed, and died myself within seconds of taking the beast down. Luckily the checkpoint had been triggered.
                      Lol - the EXACT same thing happened to me tonight.

Comment

The pathfinding could be improved in this game lol. This is what happened when I jumped back too close to the edge.

Comment

Bodyslam lol! I reckon they were just making sure you were dead, mate.

Comment

all done, and found it quite easy at the end when i was over level 70, its certainly gets easier as you go on, and for me not as good or nowhere near as hard as Dark souls 1 or 2, but still a great great game.

Comment

Just beat Cleric Beast, at first he kicked my ass left, right and centre. But after the third time of dying I spent some time learning his attack patterns and then he because quite easy. To be honest what really made the fight difficult was the insane camera whizzing around everywhere! In the end I just switched back and forth between lock on. I ran out of blood vials and had next to no health. But I got the final hit in. That was bloody intense. Does the camera go mental in every fast paced boss fight? I really hope not. Currently using threaded cane +1 and the Blunderbuss. Good times!

DA.

Comment

Blog time!

The giant bosses before the Nightmare/school area annoyed me enough (before I found out about the staircase) to go level up a bit from 55 up to 70, which in my bid to do that had me re-treading old ground finding the crow hunter spoiling for fight and the coach to cainhurst, which is a nice fun zone with all the roof top traversal remind me a bit of anor londo.... but **** that martyr boss.. I can easily mess up his arcane moveset but once he gets to half hp and hulks up the camera doesn't help with the combo of jump high and homing dive attacks, the arcane wakes making all his attacks in effect double strikes and that bastard Unlimited Blade Works knock off (which he once did inside one of the pillars so I couldn't hit it), I can't even stun him if the riposte misses.

so I gave up and left cainhurst at level 70 with the boss still alive and 1st timed the giant boss before the school after bit of running around towards the back lead to the staircase up the stairs to enact revenge on the old women, school was easy but accidently slaughtered the npc and found 2 exits out. Did Frontier 1st as it seemed optional with all the messages about hunters at the start, so assumed it was a Bell tower place. Turned out I was right, got into 2 pvp fights, both total **** of them just waiting for me to attack and spamming the pistol for quick ripostes, did not swing their weapon once... so I can see just how pvp will always go in this system.

eventually found the pvp enabler and murdered it, and cleared out the boss after a 4/5 tries attacking the legs proved futile, I aimed for the arms which actually caused damage and won 1st go doing that. Now time for the other nightmare area.

Comment

Working...
                                X