No announcement yet.

Bloodborne review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, you can farm areas for as long as you want. There is a great starting armour set in the hub area for 2500 echoes so go and buy those when you've saved enough. The problem you have with farming the first area is that you can't spend echoes to level up until you have 1 insight (obtained by meeting the first boss or finding a Madman's Knowledge item). So you may lose a lot of echoes if you die with a lot saved up.

Some good beginners tips are to learn how to riposte (shoot an enemy as they attack to stun them and then hit R1 next to them to do a powerful attack) and learn how to do your trick weapon combos (start with R1 then follow up with L1 to do a transform attack mid combo and then follow on with other button combinations).

Also, when you start to level up, look at your weapon in the inventory. You'll see some icons representing your stats with a letter next to them. That letter is how well the weapon's damage scales with that stat. So if you pick a weapon that scales better with strength, put points into that rather than skill.

Also, just take your time and learn how the game works. It's cool that they don't let you level up for the first couple of hours, means you learn that the game is about your own skill rather than making numbers increase.

Comment

Do you have to restart if you want to try out one of the other 3 starter weapons? I like the sound of the cane, but if it does diddly squat damage I might be better off with the cleaver.

Comment

You can buy the start weapons soon enough mate.

Comment

Yeah, you'll just have to buy them if you feel like using a different one. The saw axe is a good all rounder, the axe is slower but stronger and the cane is all about speed. I started with the saw axe and really enjoyed the versatility and the trick combo. However, if you want some instant gratification, I also tried a starter character with the military veteran class and the big axe and was one shotting fools right out of the gate.

Comment

Is there a recommended class? I want to make sure I give myself the best possible start and the last thing I want to do is come across some awful spike in difficulty several hours in because my starting stats have had an inverse effect.

Comment

The stats don't make a huge difference. If you want a more straight forward start, I recommend picking the military veteran and then taking the saw axe. All rounder with the class leaning towards strength.

Comment

Anyone around to help me out with this damn spider boss?

Comment

Aaand it's done! Thank God for Co Op! My partner died in the end but with the advice from everyone on here and some major levelling up, I finally did it. So thanks allot guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
                    Do you have to restart if you want to try out one of the other 3 starter weapons? I like the sound of the cane, but if it does diddly squat damage I might be better off with the cleaver.
                    The cane is awesome. It mutates into a Castlevania-esque serrated whip. Great range and speed, and the two forms combo together really effectively. It's been my default weapon for most of my playtime, although I've levelled up a couple of heavy weapons too.

Comment

Agreed. The cane was my starter weapon and it's very, very fast. Fantastic range and offers good hits to multiple enemies at once. Although saying that I've been using Ludwig's holy blade and in 2 hand mode it's one hell of a beast. With a charge up it can quite literally flatten enemies to the ground. I beat Cainhurst Castle with that baby in tow.

Comment

Pretty much got to grips with this now after a really long session on it yesterday. Killed 3 bosses. What have people been doing for stats? I have been putting most my points into VIT and STR as they seem to have the best all round benefits.

Comment

Whats the best resistance to Frenzy??

Comment

the deep sea rune is the best one for that you get it by exploring the forbidden forest, if you dont allready have it, keep sedatives handy in your quick select menu too as this stops frenzy in its tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                              the deep sea rune is the best one for that you get it by exploring the forbidden forest, if you dont allready have it, keep sedatives handy in your quick select menu too as this stops frenzy in its tracks.
                              Cool yeah, I mean I have that stuff - but Frenzy in general is a bitch lol

Comment

Wait, you went into the forbidden forest?

Comment

Working...
                                X