Bloodborne review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hudson View Post
    Excellent, thanks. How about the dying and returning as a lesser being mechanic, is that still there in some form?
    Nope. You have to do a corpse run but it doesn't have the lowered health mechanic of Demon's.

Comment

I really want to like this game, but I've been turned off by the Souls series due to its relentless difficulty. How does this compare? Same/more/less difficult?

Comment

Same if not harder due to lack of shield.

Comment

backstabbing is apparently also back. i just don't know how to pull it off, maybe some enemies are resistant or it's a new mechanic now?

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
          I really want to like this game, but I've been turned off by the Souls series due to its relentless difficulty. How does this compare? Same/more/less difficult?
          it's more accessible due to it's more action oriented combat. in most cases you can just bash away at enmies and get rewarded if you attack quickly after being hit. at the same time it's also very challenging and difficult as there is lots of grinding, backtracking and repetition of boss fights involved - especially in the beginning. i've beaten every Souls game but still couldn't beat the first level end boss in Bloodborne - had more than 10 attempts already. so if you get easily frustrated then i doubt you will have fun with the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
            ......if you get easily frustrated then i doubt you will have fun with the game.
            I havent touched my PS4 for anything game related in months, and have got massively caught up in the turbulence of the hype train for this, hovering over the Amazon buy button, tricking myself that I'll somehow love this new souls universe. However Dark Souls 2 nearly made me mentally prolapse, and reminders like Uli's above make the realistic side of me know this probably isnt for me, or you Daragon by the sounds of it.

Daragon if you do get it however, let me know how you get on.

Comment

Surely the new, more customizable jolly coop here will make the game potentially more manageable and less frustrating, providing you don't want to go it alone? (Expecting my copy tomorrow).

Comment

backstabbing is apparently also back. i just don't know how to pull it off, maybe some enemies are resistant or it's a new mechanic now?
                I think you have to hold the button down for a few secs. I haven't had a chance to install the game yet - so don't quote me on it!

Comment

Originally posted by dave heats View Post
                  hovering over the Amazon buy button, tricking myself that I'll somehow love this new souls universe.
                  oh there is indeed and again lots to love here. the art design is amazing and the level of detail put into the graphics are absolutely setting new genre standards. great sound design and, as far as i can tell from the first setting, very clever level design. i am also someone who gets frustrated easily but for me the Souls games were more about the exploration of the environments than about overcomming boss challenges. to be honest i hated most of the boss fights in the Souls games - amazing to watch on youtube but stressful and frustrating to pull off by myself.

Comment

it's more accessible due to it's more action oriented combat. in most cases you can just bash away at enmies and get rewarded if you attack quickly after being hit. at the same time it's also very challenging and difficult as there is lots of grinding, backtracking and repetition of boss fights involved - especially in the beginning. i've beaten every Souls game but still couldn't beat the first level end boss in Bloodborne - had more than 10 attempts already. so if you get easily frustrated then i doubt you will have fun with the game.
                    back stabbing is just a charge attack yeah hold the button down and you do a massive strike if you walk up slowly behind enemies you can do this before they even know what's hit them.

have you unlocked the shortcuts to get back to him quick get the gate open, through the house up the stairs out the house and your there, it took me a couple of attempts, trick is to stay close use his size against him roll behind him smack and move smack and move, other tactics include chucking oil at him (to make him burn better) and then use molitovs, i didn't need to do this. Other things to do is to keep your energy at the top and you shouldn't have to much trouble.

Comment

Backstabbing works like this:

You go behind someone, then charge R2. The hit will stagger them, so you can riposte with R1.

I'm just before the sixth boss now. I'm finding it easier than the other titles in regards to bosses. I've killed them all on my first attempt. As long as you dodge properly, you're almost invincible.

The first boss is optional too, you don't have to fight him. The lamp leads nowhere anyway.
                      Last edited by J0e Musashi; 26-03-2015, 16:32.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

thanks guys, i ckeck it out. besides, i could need some help with the priest boss. i bring him down to 30% then he kills me with instant death strikes, no chance to heal up or back off. i am giving up on him - it's just a waste of time as i don't get any better the more i try. so how does co-op work? can someone help me out with this boss?

Comment

Stay behind it and it can't hit you. Get some Fire Paper, and it'll go down in seconds.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

fire paper? where do i get this? well there is not much of a chance to try any tactic, let alone use a molotov or whatever. the beast is just too fast for me. help in form of co-op would be much appreciated. i've already used the bell but nothing shows up. i think i might need to subscribe to PSplus in order to make any progress with this game then.

Comment

This is the first game that makes me want a next gen console. Nearly time to bite!

Comment

Souls Noob here all I have played is Demon Souls for an hour at a mates and found it rock hard. I have watched lets plays and Epic Name Bro stuff of Demon Souls, as well as Dark Souls 1 and 2. I know Bloodbourne is gonna be challenge I have heard Bloodborne is i between Dark Souls 1 and Demon Souls difficulty seeing Patrick Klepek's Kotaku vids plus hearing Giant Bomb and other impressions that seems true.

My question is how hard is it? I have nearly finished Alien: Iso which is difficult in places. I did. It play Evil Within on Normal but finished it. Is it harder than these or a different kind of hard?

Looking forward to testing my skills on what sounds like by all accounts a brilliantly made game also get the vibe the menus have been tidied up sins other Souls games. Look fwd to more stuff/help from others until I play tomorrow night.

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                                Stay behind it and it can't hit you. Get some Fire Paper, and it'll go down in seconds.
                                fire paper? where do i get this? well there is not much of a chance to try any tactic, let alone use a molotov or whatever. the beast is just too fast for me. help in form of co-op would be much appreciated. i've already used the bell but nothing shows up. i think i might need to subscribe to PSplus in order to make any progress with this game then.

This crazy non explained DS stuff scares and excites me at the same time, seems lots of in depth reading/listening/watching needed tactics wise for stuff, so much seems unexplained in the Souls games. Which can be fun and not in equal measures I get the impression.
                                Last edited by JU!; 26-03-2015, 19:07.

Comment

Working...
                                X