No announcement yet.

The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fight is so much easier when you know how to do it... the joys of google, though I didn't bother with one of the potions they suggested.

Inevitably I was over-burdened when I'd finished that quest. At least you can Fast Travel with this when over-burdened and you can walk at a sensible speed. Pity you can't travel from your current location to a signpost though.

Now need to check for the best option with that "talking tree".

Comment

I'm loving this game so much. Been in Novigrad for the last 5 or 6 hours and finally found the brothel. I'm wondering if the Japanese version is censored for nudity though. Nobody in this game gets naked like in the 2nd release. Anyway, not that it changes the game but just wondered if the western versions are like this? Also the scene with Whoreson seemed toned down somewhat as you don't actually see any contact. The normal fighting is bloody though with body's sliced in half, decapitation and so on.
      Last edited by Yakumo; 04-06-2015, 12:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
        Now need to check for the best option with that "talking tree".
        learn to live with the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Aye, googling the various outcomes takes away half the fun. I've a friend who's read guides and decided on builds etc before he ever plays a game - also self defeating imo. But hey, each to their own.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
            I'm loving this game so much. Been in Novigrad for the last 5 or 6 hours and finally found the brothel. I'm wondering if the Japanese version is censored for nudity though. Nobody in this game gets naked like in the 2nd release. Anyway, not that it changes the game but just wondered if the western versions are like this? Also the scene with Whoreson seemed toned down somewhat as you don't actually see any contact. The normal fighting is bloody though with body's sliced in half, decapitation and so on.
            Sounds like it's been censored as I've had three women in a row all with nudity

Comment

Man, that crazy. Japan was once the country that had tits out all over the place in games and anime. Actually, my son and I were watching the first Ranma 1/2 on HuLu yesterday. Man the amount of nipple shots in that was disturbing considering its for kids.

Comment

First laugh of the game. Geralt being referred to as "Geralty-Pooh"... couldn't believe it!

Currently struggling with Ignis Fatuus... and I initially thought Nithrall was hard.

Comment

Im now 38 hours into this game and have reached level 14. Have to say i haven't enjoyed a game as much as Witcher 3 for a very long time, it truly is epic. I still cant get my head around just how big the game is. Im still in Velen and after 38 hours i have only just reached Oxenfurt and have starting to explore the surrounding countryside.

The game world really is breathtakingly stunning, the change in scenery i have experienced is like nothing else i have experienced in a game before. I thought the countryside in the middle/south part of Velen map was stunning but the countryside outside Oxenfurt is just something else. The vast fields the spread out with what seams thousands of blades grass/crops all swaying in the wind, everything just feels so alive, simply stunning.

What i have found interesting is that im enjoying the game world so much that i have hardly even used the fast travel feature, i just really enjoy walking/running everywhere. In contrast i used it much more in Skyrim. I don't bother with the horse though, that is something that is a real pain to use.

One thing i do love is the level of challenge, even though i can now survive most things on this map, there have been and still are the odd ? where i completely get my arsed kicked. I mean some beasts i have encountered are like level 26, and the quest location is not far from one where i killed things easily, hence makes approaching any ? with some caution.

Comment

the distribution and monster level setting of the "?" locations is really baffling to me too. doesn't make much sense sometimes. i have the feeling they are best left for the endgame.

btw: how much of the side quests are you guys doing before advancing the main plot?

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
                      the distribution and monster level setting of the "?" locations is really baffling to me too. doesn't make much sense sometimes. i have the feeling they are best left for the endgame.

btw: how much of the side quests are you guys doing before advancing the main plot?
                      Well i have been doing a mix and match. I have pretty much done all the ? that my level allows me to do in the middle and southern part of Velen. In terms of story i am up to the point where i need to go to Novigrad, so am slowly working my way up there.

Comment

well i am waiting for the official XP bug patch anyway so have time for some world exploration which seems really the best part about this game.

are side quests in grey supposed to give any XP at all?

Comment

6 or more levels below you and its not supposed to give exp.

Comment

From what i can gather, i should have maybe gone to Oxenfurt area first as the side quests im doing there are many levels below me, but oh well, i still love clearing everything. In terms of Xp im getting like 25-50exp for these so all worth while i think.

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
                              well i am waiting for the official XP bug patch
                              Also seems this just went live on ps4.

Comment

yep patch 1.05 is online on gog,com too. let's hope all major bugs are adressed now.

Comment

Working...
                                X