The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DANGEROUS-3 View Post
    .. The inventory text was so small I often strugled to read it on my 45inch TV screen. .
    Many people complain about this but I don't get it. The text is fine on the Xbox version. No bigger or smaller than other games of this nature. Are you guys all playing the PC at Mega resolutions or something? In that case what do you expect? Another point is that I wouldn't say it's always windy either. Sure it's will do quite a lot but not always. The goat issue is very picky I feel. The goat ran towards the food, not the bear. Goats are stupid so it probably didn't notice the bear, but seriously, why even care for such a detail?

Comment

Had an interesting bug. I was going to see Hammond on Skellige and was fighting some enemies. I'd got behind a building to avoid an archer and got onto the roof of said building, by which time Geralt's head was almost filling the screen. Unfortunately I could not get the game to revert to the normal 3rd person view. I had to save and reload to correct it! This on PS4.

Comment

Wow, that's an odd bug.
        The only bug I've found is some graphic corruption. On the screen where you can see all of your completed missions, the section with "!" before the mission title had an issue. On my version the top 5 of these were corrupt with blue box like shapes covering most of the explanation mark. I've also has some NCPs float across the land to their starting point a few times but that's more funny than anything else. I've not experienced and saving bugs, floating stuff or characters, missing event triggers or any of the other issues people mention.
        I honestly think the Xbox version is more stable than the PS4 and definitely the PC by the amount of bug comments people are posting.

Comment

I had the bug where I dropped out of the game after a Fast Travel. Only happened the once.

I've had floating NPC's. Took a screenshot of a guard floating by the gate at Novigrad.

Surprised how quickly I'm levelling up. Reached Level 16 now.

Combined enough Mutagens to give my signs a 40% boost.

Comment

Bugs I've come across on ps4 are the camera stuck zoomed in on Gealts head, the horse after being called was stuck under water and finally a group bandits i was killed didn't ragdoll on death just froze still mid fall and some of them had body parts floating in mid air.

Comment

Guys, just found that Witcher 3 does have a clock!

Look!

To access it, pause the game so that you are looking at your inventory then press RT on the Xbox One version. You'll then get your player stats. As you can see I've been playing for 98 hours or 4 days 2 hours as the game puts it.

Comment

There may be a bug in the clock on the PS4. Last time I checked, I'd done 22 hours. Today, it said 8 hours. I suppose it could reset when a new version comes out...

I've had the frozen bandits bug. That and the zoomed on Geralt's head were both on Skellige (which ought not make a difference).
                Last edited by Bassman; 09-06-2015, 16:46.

Comment

Finished the story mode yesterday at level 28.Really enjoyed the game.Some weird bugs on PS4 early on arriving at Skillige,my characters kept jumping.Also if I went into the inventory,the screen was flashing to a black screen.Saved my game and reloaded and the game came right??.

Comment

My ISP has switched off my internet and everything's blocked off on my ps4... sucks, I really wanna play!!

Comment

Witcher 3 needs to be connected to the Internet?

Comment

No, for some reason all my digital content has a padlock on it. I'm unable to load my save game, keeps saying DLC is missing.

Comment

Please delete.

Comment

223 hours... I don't think it's correct.

Comment

That's nuts if it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                                Many people complain about this but I don't get it. The text is fine on the Xbox version. No bigger or smaller than other games of this nature. Are you guys all playing the PC at Mega resolutions or something? In that case what do you expect?
                                What is there not to get? I am referring the PS4 version.
                                The inventory text is so ridiculously small that I could bearly read it from my armchair (roughly 8 feet away) from my 45 inch TV screen. And, I cannot for the life of me- work out why developers began doing this (super small in game text) with the advent of the HD console era.
                                Why not include the option to increase the size?

Another point is that I wouldn't say it's always windy either. Sure it's will do quite a lot but not always.
                                For me the trees were always swaying.
                                I get it CD Projekt RED, you can animate swaying trees well, but it shouldn?t be like that 90% of the time.

The goat issue is very picky I feel. The goat ran towards the food, not the bear. Goats are stupid so it probably didn't notice the bear, but seriously, why even care for such a detail?
                                Because it took me out of the experience the developers sought to immerse me in.
                                It?s annoying sections like this that remind you you?re playing a videogame because the developer forces you to play the game, or certain sections of it, the way they want you to, instead of letting me play the way I want to.

Why would the goat only respond to the bell again, once I had slayed the bear?
                                It makes no sence. Its just the developer making you jump through hoops.
                                After they spent so much time harping on about their game vs Skyrim and moving things foward, I would have thought that would include moving away from stuff like this and producing a more realistic experience.

This type of stuff aside it?s obviously a great RPG, I think I?m just a bit burnt out on em atm.
                                Last edited by DANGEROUS-3; 10-06-2015, 10:50.

Comment

Working...
                                X