No announcement yet.

The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still don't think the text is that small. Do you have issues reading text in other games too? I'm playing on a 46" screen sitting about 2 meters away yet have no issues. If you are having the same problem with a few games it may be time to visit the opticians. I wear glasses myself which bring my vision back to 20 20.

Comment

My eyesight is fine but the text is really pretty small. I sit about 7 - 8 feet away and have a 50" set and can read the text, but it should be bigger. It's not a particularly comfortable size at the moment and feels more oriented for a PC monitor viewing distance than a 'ten foot interface' like a game system.

It's a minor, soon to be fixed niggle in an amazing game though.

Comment

I have good eyesight and can often read signs in the distance friends and family cannot make out.

Comment

I use glasses for reading and play the game on a 32" Sony. I sit about 1.5 metres from it and have no issues with text. I play on PS4. I had no issues with the game as originally released as I recall that one of the updates increased the size of the text after complaints (not sure which platforms).

Comment

A couple more free DLC items. One is a new Quest.

Managed to demolish Ignis Fatuaa... at Level 18... easily.

Nearly Level 19. Too many Quests. Too many undiscovered locations. At least 50 hours play so far, unless the first day really disappeared. I was at 0 days 22 hours. Next check showed 0 days 8 hours!

Comment

Game of the year, easily in my opinion. Something I very really claim.

Comment

Crumbled and bought this in the Steam sale on Friday night. Decided on PC as even on my old i7 920 & 780 combo its running well (need to tweak settings but hits 60fps on medium).

Just a beautiful game although I've only managed about 3 hours and lvl 2 so far. Not sure what to make of the combat so far. The opening tutorial explains it well but its a struggle when you got 3/4 enemies on screen at once.

Comment

not quite a game of the year contender for me as the main story is very weak (at least for the 60 hours i have played it) and i also liked the combat in Dragon Age Inquisition much better as it's more streamlined and has more tactical options. The Witcher 3's combat, even if much improved over its successors, is held back by clunky controls and poor difficulty balance. also the wealth of options in terms alchemy is distracting and feels more like a burden to me.

i find the decision to reward no XP for low level quests very bad. i think once i finished the main quest i will install the XP modifier to make finishing these quests a bit more rewarding.

@ Mgear
                  i suggest you lock the framerate to 30 fps and enjoy the game at high/ultra settings. it runs even smoother with a locked framerate.

ithe combat is much improved over the first to Witcher games but still a very mixed bag. poor camera and clunky controls

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
                    @ Mgear
                    i suggest you lock the framerate to 30 fps and enjoy the game at high/ultra settings. it runs even smoother with a locked framerate.
                    Yea I need to play around with it. I remember even EuroGamer said don't just select the presets for the PC version, but start off 'console' equivalents and up individual settings or look at their settings. My CPU is over 5 years old, and the GPU is 18-months old but really cope with everything I throw at them at 1080p (I'm still a mixed format gamer). I'm tempted to upgrade some bits either later on this year or next though.

That said even at Medium, 1080p and 60FPS (not locked) on a 120hz monitor and this is still a gorgeous looking game.

I think I get what you mean about clunky controls and the combat but need to put in way more time.

Comment

Played around with it further and managed to get the game running at mostly high by switching off hairworks and toning down another setting (forgotten what it was) in the video menu and the game is still able to hit 50-60. The drops in the game are small but I can live with.

Up to 5 hours played. One aspect I don't like about combat is that I have no recovery/heal so have to be very careful and had a few deaths when I've stumbled into lvl5 & 7 enemies. Nearly got killed in an early side quest too against a lvl 3 nasty.
                      Last edited by Digfox; 15-06-2015, 12:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                        Game of the year, easily in my opinion. Something I very really claim.
                        What was so excellent about it in your opinion?

Comment

The size of the game is very impressive. I love the freedom of doing quests, side quest and contracts in any order I want and when I want to. Then there the fact everyone speaks to you. The amount of work that must have went in to the voice acting alone is astounding.

Comment

It is quite vast, but I don't see how it's that much different from Dragon Age: Inquisition in that regard. Then again, I only just entered the second area.

Originally posted by Mgear View Post
                            Played around with it further and managed to get the game running at mostly high by switching off hairworks and toning down another setting (forgotten what it was) in the video menu and the game is still able to hit 50-60. The drops in the game are small but I can live with.

Up to 5 hours played. One aspect I don't like about combat is that I have no recovery/heal so have to be very careful and had a few deaths when I've stumbled into lvl5 & 7 enemies. Nearly got killed in an early side quest too against a lvl 3 nasty.
                            Yeah the combat is pretty tough, especially when faced with multiple enemies. The fact that I'm playing on 'hard' (second to harderst) probably wasn't a smart idea, either. I usually cast Quen, then switch to Igni or Yrden. I guess I should resort to Axii...? This game is completely a solo affair and you only get help in special battles, like with the Griffin?
                            Last edited by danholo; 21-06-2015, 09:55.

Comment

Originally posted by danholo View Post
                              It is quite vast, but I don't see how it's that much different from Dragon Age: Inquisition in that regard. Then again, I only just entered the second area.
                              I'm near 280 hours in and still keep finding new places. This really is a big game. The biggest I've ever played.

I also love the fact that many characters from the 2nd game are also in this meaning that if you've not played the 2nd game then you are missing out on some of the experience IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                                I'm near 280 hours in and still keep finding new places. This really is a big game. The biggest I've ever played.

I also love the fact that many characters from the 2nd game are also in this meaning that if you've not played the 2nd game then you are missing out on some of the experience IMO.
                                280?!

Yeah, I haven't played the 1st or 2nd ones. I'll just wing it. I'm liking the characters so far anyway but I might just pick up the 2nd game.

Comment

Working...
                                X