No announcement yet.

The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While dragon age did have a large world it felt somewhat more broken up than Witcher, also the dragon age world is so dead and boring. You can't even run into an NPC and push them, it's like they're glued onto the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by danholo View Post
      280?!

Yeah, I haven't played the 1st or 2nd ones. I'll just wing it. I'm liking the characters so far anyway but I might just pick up the 2nd game.
      yep, the actual time will be over 340 hours by the end of tonight!!! I just guessed the 280 hours. Take a look, and nope I don't leave the game on the stats screen while I leave the room. That's pretty much all play time! Still not finished the game either.

I'd also recommend getting the 2nd game. I was pretty impressed with it back when it was new. I actually still have my copy too for the 360.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
        I'm near 280 hours in and still keep finding new places. This really is a big game. The biggest I've ever played.
        have you completed the main story questline? if yes what does change? do some quests and characters vanish?

i am appr. 80 hours in an still engaged with the main quest. have to say it gets kind of tedious and would really love to finish it and get on with exploring the world and do random quests.

my main gripe with the game is the poor difficulty balance of the combat. at level 28 i went in another boss fight and just beat him with luck after several tries. also the imprecise movement and controls don't seem to have been adressed in a patch yet. i am at PC version 1.06.

Comment

Nope, not finished the main story yet. I also have no issues with the difficulty level. I'm currently on level 35. So far I've only failed one quest and do most of the notice board and Witcher requests.

EDIT: just finished the game with a total clock time of 14 days 2 hours and 50 minutes.

Seems that all the main story driven quests are now gone but you can still finish off all the side quests and Witcher contracts.

Fantastic game and one I'm sad to have actually finished. I wanted more as it's consumed my entire gaming life since it was released. Oh well, at least now I can start on Project Cars.
          Last edited by Yakumo; 21-06-2015, 15:40.

Comment

Have to agree - its a brilliant game; bit slow to pick up as i never played the others. Just killed the griffin, starting to level up and become familiar with everything. The work that went into this is phenomenal.

Comment

also finished the main story quest last night and completed roughly 30% of the side quests and witcher missions.

fantastic game overall and clearly the best Witcher game to date but still some way to go in terms of character movement, controls and most of all combat, which could have been a lot more enjoyable if it was better balanced, more fluid and had a working lock-on.

9/10

Comment

This is one of those overwhelming games that puts me off from playing as there is so much to do. Every time I open the map or quest log I just get depressed, must remember to just focus on the bits I want to do and get moving with the story! Seems even bigger than the Scrolls games and with better content too - Amazing achievement really.

By the way I've read elsewhere that the hours played counter is all kinds of broken.

Comment

Yeah, the counter still counts even when the game is paused or in sleep mode I believe. I never did this though so I'm hoping my play voucher is accurate.

Comment

It may be underestimating, as mine went from 0 days 22 hours to 0 days 8 hours (there was an update between the two)!

Comment

Oh man, if that is the case I'd hate to think how many hours I did actually put in to this. Last night was the first time I've not played Witcher 3 since its release. I honestly played it every day. Now I want to play more so it's back to the world to finish off all the side quests and Witcher contracts. .

Comment

Every time you do a manual save i found that you lose the Hour Counter, its goes back to 0

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
                          This is one of those overwhelming games that puts me off from playing as there is so much to do. Every time I open the map or quest log I just get depressed, must remember to just focus on the bits I want to do and get moving with the story! Seems even bigger than the Scrolls games and with better content too - Amazing achievement really.
                          I get the same feeling. In December I had vacation time so I could binge play Dragon Age: Inquisition for 12h a day. Now I look at the map and don't want to play at all. 1-2h play sessions aren't enough. I guess I need to lower the difficulty level as I'm being severely hampered by it and getting nowhere with having to replay almost every enemy encounter at least once. I don't think it's worth it. It took me 1,5h last time to find the Pellar's goat and then complete the Botchling quest. I died several times defending the Botchling.
                          Last edited by danholo; 23-06-2015, 06:49.

Comment

any word from the devs if the XP points for low level quests will be raised with a future patch?

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post

By the way I've read elsewhere that the hours played counter is all kinds of broken.
                            Pete i recommend to focus on the main quests to level up quickly to gain skills. this way the game overall gets more enjoyable, especially the combat is less frustrating. i found the shield spell to be very usefull against tough bosses, by the way. witcher missions and most of the side quests will be available after the credits roll anyway.

Comment

Yes, the Witcher missions and side quests are available after completing the game but you still get bugger all XP if your skill level is too high. I'm not that bothered though as I'm now cleaning up the side missions just to have more Witcher play time love this game. I just got so into the characters and story. If only Tris Merrygold was real

Comment

are Triss and Yennifer still available after completing the main story quest?

Comment

Working...
                                X