No announcement yet.

The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sadly not. None of the main characters are. Dandelion may be in his club though. I've yet to revisit Novergrad yet. Just finishing up some Witcher contacts in Velin

Comment

too bad, i had hoped to be able to resolve the matter of the surprising

threesome

but i bet there will be DLC quests involving them.

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
        too bad, i had hoped to be able to resolve the matter of the surprising

threesome

but i bet there will be DLC quests involving them.
        You dirty bugger
        Yeah, there are two new DLC packs coming later in the year. One boasts 10 hours of gaming while the other offers 20 hours plus a whole new world to the explore. 19 pounds for the pass. I'm in for that.

Comment

I'm very late to the party but I decided to chime in and say that this game is brilliant. Well, at least as far as breadth and content anyway. I do enjoy the simplistic battle system very much. I do feel a bit detached from the story since I don't know the characters from the previous games but Geralt is cool enough and the atmosphere brutal that I'm definitely entertained. There's so much to do it's overwhelming but I'm enjoying it all so far. I'm already at level 19 and I haven't even gone to Skellige so I'm definitely overleveled but the game is still a challenge because I'm playing on the harder difficulty.

Comment

Got this installed now. What is the optimum difficulty setting for a really good challenge, encouraging you to take advantage of the crafting an' that, but without having to grind and/or put up with too many re-starts?

Comment

Play it on the default setting

Comment

Really, that's enjoyable amd challenging enough? Saw some review somewhere giving it 'Play Deathmarch or not at all'. Maybe reviewer was just showing off...could've been Angry Joe.

Comment

Probably some smart arse. If you are going to do a load of exploring then maybe the hardest level is good since you'll have a whopping experience level. But to be honest, standard is enough for the normal gamer.

Comment

I've been playing on Hard and in the beginning it posed major difficulties for me, and I had to waste too much time reloading the game, and reloading takes forever on the Xbox. I suggest playing on Normal, but you'll miss out on some trophies, which are ultimately quite irrelevant.

Comment

Thanks chaps

Comment

I recommend 'Blood and Broken Bones'. I started off on 'Sword and Story' but being able to heal instantly with meditation felt a bit OP.

Comment

Yeah, but you'll have enough items to heal during battle, if you kill enough wolves and gather other types of grub on the way. It's always smart to enter battles with 3/3 Swallow anyway, and you can always fill them up with meditation. Learn how to abuse Quen and Aard is good for crowd control.

Comment

Yeah I'm not saying I'm playing through it without ever healing. Just Sword and Story felt a bit easy so I moved up to the next one.

Not a fan of Aard. I prefer luring foes into my magic trap (not a euphemism).

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                              I'd also recommend getting the 2nd game. I was pretty impressed with it back when it was new. I actually still have my copy too for the 360.
                              I need to get this too at some point, y'know to add to the backlog stack!

Comment

Fantastic game. There's an insane amount of content in this game I wonder how they will ever top it.

Bring on Cyberpunk 2077!

Comment

Working...
                                X