No announcement yet.

The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Completed the game at the weekend with around 5 days 13 hours game time at level 33 - the end battle ended up being a fairly straight forward fight as bosses go. Although that's a lot of time in the game, it's without any of the card game being completed, although I did do most of the hunts and uncovered most of the undiscovered areas, other than those in the oceans.

It didn't feel like it was filler stuff either - the world is magnificently realised and the soundtrack really added to the notion you're travelling through different lands.

The experience gained could have been a little better balanced; most side missions and secondary quests seemed to give out a lousy 5-10 exp, with main quests giving as much as 800 points at times. Payouts were fairly terrible too, especially given the costs of blacksmith services. The economy seemed a bit out of whack in the game, I made most cash killing bandits and selling their swords.

The only question remaining is which game to play next - I have RPG void (Disgaea 5 due 9th October).

Last edited by MartyG; 07-09-2015, 08:07.

Comment

Fools Gold quest has glitched out on me. Can't examine the pigs. In my attempts to google a solution - there is none - I read also that some other DLC quest - Skellige's Most Wanted - is also fatally glitched

. Very nice of CD Projekt to lavish lots of free DLC, but if stuff doesn't work they needn't have bothered tbh.

Comment

Surprised to hear so many people skipping Gwent. For me it's the best sidegame I've seen in a game in ages.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post

Fools Gold quest has glitched out on me. Can't examine the pigs. In my attempts to google a solution - there is none - I read also that some other DLC quest - Skellige's Most Wanted - is also fatally glitched

. Very nice of CD Projekt to lavish lots of free DLC, but if stuff doesn't work they needn't have bothered tbh.
          That's the only quest I can't do either. The same problem that you are having.

Comment

Now, I'm confused! I didn't buy the Expansion Pass (?19.99). I see you can pre-order the first Expansion, Heart of Stone, for a reduced price of ?6.79. Where does this leave people that did get the Expansion Pass?

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
              Now, I'm confused! I didn't buy the Expansion Pass (?19.99). I see you can pre-order the first Expansion, Heart of Stone, for a reduced price of ?6.79. Where does this leave people that did get the Expansion Pass?
              It leaves 'em shafted to the tune of 3 pounds and 19 pence. Great game, but it always annoys me when devs push DLC and there are still major glitches and performance problems with the base game people have already paid for.
              Last edited by Golgo; 10-09-2015, 10:37.

Comment

Oh hah, there is a 30% discount on this now. I just got the expansion pass a few weeks ago... Foolish!

Comment

Surely the second set of DLC will be more than ?9.99 on its own? It wouldn't make sense to have both pieces ?9.99 each, as isn't the second one next year meant to be twice the size and include a new area to explore?

Comment

MASSIVE update for this is out (15gb on xbone I think) 600 changes and fixes!

Hearts of Stone DLC out on Tuesday too.

Comment

PS4 update is 17.255 Gb. That'll take a while!

Comment

Hearts of Stone now installed. Haven't fired up the game to see if it is accessible early.

Comment

Well, totally still pissed off with Transformers only having 5 hours gameplay unles I want to train to be a combo junkie and Metal Gear is now making me play earlier missions again but on a higher difficulty setting. What's with that anyway? I I don't get it. All I want to do is finish the bloody story, not replay earlier mission but with the level ranked up.

Anyway, after playing for 27 days and 10 hours before finally moving over for other games, the Witcher 3 is back and man, did I forget how lush this game is. Makes Metal Gear seem sparse in comparison. Needless to say I'm really enjoying the new Hearts of Stone DLC but it did take about 30 minutes to get back in to the control system after playing g Metal Gear the last few weeks.
                          Last edited by Yakumo; 19-10-2015, 15:29.

Comment

Sweet jesus this game is amazing. Insane amount of content.. I'm still pottering around in Velen and I've been playing FOR DAYS.

Some really funny little touches, just like Witcher 2. Such as references to Pulp Fiction, and the liberal and funny swearing.

One thing I do wish for is an answer to some stuff you see.. A dead family in a house with no reason, random dead people -that sort of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by k0pp0 View Post
                              Sweet jesus this game is amazing. Insane amount of content.. I'm still pottering around in Velen and I've been playing FOR DAYS.

Some really funny little touches, just like Witcher 2. Such as references to Pulp Fiction, and the liberal and funny swearing.

One thing I do wish for is an answer to some stuff you see.. A dead family in a house with no reason, random dead people -that sort of thing.
                              The answers will come. Don't worry. I love the Witcher 3. Played it for a total of 30 days nonstop if you add up my total play time. I can't wait for the second DLC pack to be released. It promises another 100+ hours of game play.

Comment

Wicked stuff. Can't wait to start the DLC..

Comment

Working...
                                X