No announcement yet.

The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I used SweetFX with TERA it appeared to just be like an AA filter that doesn't affect performance much at all...

It also affected the UI though, which I hated. Removed it.

Comment

i have no personal experience with SweetFx yet but i intend to use it on the Witcher 3 because i like the natural darker look better. as far as i know SweetFx does also do a lot of postprocessing to enhance clarity and texture depth to produce a much better overall look of a game.

Comment

I didn't play this much yesterday but i was wondering whether it was just me or not, as weird as it sounds when trying to walk around the place my character just doesn't sound sprinting. I'm obviously not pressing the run button and although it's a hugely minor thing, it's still a bit jarring when it happens so regularly.

Comment

Let GeForce Experience choose my settings and it has given me a combination of Medium and High. Not a problem at all, game still looks really nice to my eyes!

Comment

Really getting into this now too. I HATED Skyrim, and I mean with a passion. I was a bit worried this would unravel into the same mundane tasks, but so far it's really intriguing and fun to play, combat is serviceable but it's involed enough.

I hope it can keep this up and give me more facinating areas to explore.

anyone playing on PC can do the following to use hairworks and not destroy performance:

go to C:\Users\whatever your account name is\Documents\The Witcher 3

Edit the user.settings file and set the Hairworks setting to 4 instead of 8.

I'm using an AMD card too!

Comment

The side quests in this are better than most games main quests. Interesting setups and mini storylines, multiple ways to complete them, good rewards and payoffs.

Comment

Just got out of the first area and was surprised how much bigger the 2nd was! Enjoyed it so far even though my Xbox save messed up after 5 hours and I pretty much had to start again! Pretty sure the Xbox sleep mode and quick continue messes up the games save feature and stops you being able to save manually.

Comment

I've also just gotten to the second area and loading times have become long. I'm dying quite often playing on Death March and really don't wanna change difficulty but the loading is putting me off.

Comment

Originally posted by shaffy_oppa View Post
                    I've also just gotten to the second area and loading times have become long. I'm dying quite often playing on Death March and really don't wanna change difficulty but the loading is putting me off.
                    You playing ps4 or Xbox? I don't seem to have long loads on Xbox.

I can confirm though that quick wake up stops you beging able to save your game on Xbox!

Comment

Just won my first game of the sillily named card game, gwent

Took several attempts, but I think I'm gwetting it now. Gwant to gwet better cwards now though.

Comment

I'm a little confused by the notice board. I select something from it and no quest appears. I did the missing brother, the well and the Arsonist, but have yet to find any more sidequests. The Guide arrives tomorrow, so that may help!

Comment

There isn't really many side quests in that area. If you progress with the story a little more you'll get another short side quest.

I'm playing on PS4. My friend mentioned his loading time was long and he's on Xbox too.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                            Just won my first game of the sillily named card game, gwent

Took several attempts, but I think I'm gwetting it now. Gwant to gwet better cwards now though.
                            I live in Gwent!

Comment

Gwet out of here. Seriously?

Comment

8 hour in so far and loving it more by the minute. There was a lot to take in to begin with all the different menus and systems to understand. And too much fiddling with graphics. But now I have settled and can really appreciate how good this game is.

It's clear an utterly immense amount of work went into making the world. So many small details just make this game so involving and atmospheric. As others have said, walking through a forest in a storm is amazing. The sound in this game is perfect. Bridges creak as you walk over them too. Hearing a noise in the woods and following it to find a pack of wolves around a dead body is just brilliant.

The story is gripping too with lots going on to keep you interested and wanting more. Really impressed so far!

Comment

Working...
                                X