No announcement yet.

[PC] Dirt Rally review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A users Youtube video which shows the game off superbly. That is all. Full screen 1080p essential.

Comment

It does look great.

Comment

Looks great - why no consoles though?

Comment

It's still in Beta.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
            A users Youtube video which shows the game off superbly. That is all. Full screen 1080p essential.
            Tune is "When the rush comes" by Motorcycle

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
              It's still in Beta.
              True, funny thing is though, in about 20 hours of actual driving I've not encountered one bug or crash so far.
              Would expect full PC release at the end of 2015 and maybe a console release towards the end of 2016, pure speculation on my part.

Comment

Massive new patch 7gb. Looks like they've fixed VR support. Woot going to try that asap.

Comment

They've added the twelve new rally stages from Germany and five new cars in this update (Tarmac Terrors it's called) and fixed about 20 little bits.

This really is one of the best racing games I've played in the last 15 years without a doubt.

12 new rally stages based at Baumholder in Germany
                  Owners Club Online Events – A second DiRT Daily where you compete in your own car
                  A second weekly event where we’ll be experimenting and throwing new challenges at you
                  5 new rally cars featuring new Group B RWD & Kit Car Classes
                  Opel Kadett GT/E 16v
                  Opel Manta 400
                  Lancia 037 Evo 2
                  Seat Ibiza Kitcar
                  Peugeot 306 Maxi
                  New calibration and options screens in “Advanced Wheel Settings” (added in v.0.4.5)
                  Full list of changes

DIRT lets you experience the most iconic and extreme off-road vehicles in beautiful locations across the globe.

Group B RWB cars, Jesus they are a handful with the TCS turned off.

And for you Charles, coming end of July...

Next stop. Rallycross.

Comment

I want this game on PS4 so badly!

@VR46 are the Group B cars in their period liveries?

Comment

I believe so, all of the cars in the game have between 3 and 8 liveries each.

Youtube will probably answer your question exactly.

Really can't see console release coming until late 2016, looks like they are tied up with the PC version until the end of this year at least. They are putting the Early Access price up by a couple of quid next month to tie in with all the content they've added since it first hit Early Access.

Comment

A late 2016 release quite likely due to how gorgeous this game is. You can't play this any less than 1080 / 60fps if you want to keep the experience. I can't see the current gen doing it unless some compromises are made.

Comment

Quite agree, the screenshots really don't do it justice, you need to be watching or playing it at 1080/60 to fully appreciate.
                          Supergoal - what is your Steam name so we can compare some times?

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymX-88AvZYk Short vid for new tracks. Watch at 1080/60 for feels.

Steam user is Higashibashi.

Comment

Originally posted by Supergoal View Post
                              A late 2016 release quite likely due to how gorgeous this game is. You can't play this any less than 1080 / 60fps if you want to keep the experience. I can't see the current gen doing it unless some compromises are made.
                              I don't know, isn't this running on a modified version of the Dirt 3 engine? It was already a pretty game on 360 running at 30 FPS, I don't think this will tax the new consoles too heavily, especially at what F1 2015, Forza 6 and PCARS are pulling off already on PS4.

Looking forward to the console release either way.

Comment

After looking around at gfx cards, I just gave up and decided to pray for an xbox release.

Comment

Working...
                                X