No announcement yet.

Donkey Konga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it's a close match, the end roll will determine the winner. Sufficient gap and it won't make a difference. I usually do the "free play" with my brother as you can choose the difficulty (which you can't in competition mode) and we go on combo length and GOOD count
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

OK so there are 3 skill settings, the first two are are open from the start, and you buy the Expert (??) tracks individually with coins you earn in the game. All well and good except the Freeloader issue, I can't save, and I don't want to have to replay the easier levels first to get the coins to unlock a few expert songs. Is there a workaround so everytime I turn it on I can just play the Expert levels?

Not saying I've mastered the two easier levels, just I like the relentless nature of the Expert tracks I've played, far more intense, and I'd like to just jump into these everytime.

Or do I just leave the Gamecube on until I can't take no more?

Cheers

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Chain
        Or do I just leave the Gamecube on until I can't take no more?
        Or buy an ntsc Cube.

Or wait and hope there is a new version of the Freeloader soon that works with Konga properly.

I'd buy an ntsc Cube tbh.

Comment

Have anyone else's Bongos taken a bit of a, ahem, beating?

I mean, the once spongey and 'upright' bongo skins taking a sudden dip?

I've taken to not actually hitting the bongos at all, bar some drum rolls. but my younger cousins find it to be more fun to whack the beauties as hard as their skinny wrists can manage.

I should just let it go and keep the US set in mondo-nick when I get them, shouldn't I...

Comment

I found the cheekiest thing ever! When you have a claproll (like a drumroll but clapping), if you scream into the receiver (not necessarily very loud) it thinks you're clapping really fast! You can actually do it whenever in the game, it's quite funny .

And hitting the side of the bongo instead of clapping is definitely better for the hands. I clapped mine raw today from playing too much .

Try to whistle into the clap parts, hella funny
            Also tried other strange noises like farting and burping, but it takes you out after a while lolol

Comment

I've figured out an easy way to beat all the hard songs and now I wish I could forget it. Anyone know a good hypnotist?

Comment

no but I have a nice bat

Comment

That might work. Or you could break one of my arms with it, that'd work too.

Comment

Picked this up today. Hilarious game!

I know the animations down the bottom are terrible, but that makes them hilarious too.

One thing - How do you save anyway? I have a genuine JPN cube but I cannot find a save setting. Is it autosave?

Comment

It is autosave, theres more info on saving at Gamefaqs

Comment

I've figured out an easy way to beat all the hard songs and now I wish I could forget it. Anyone know a good hypnotist?
                        I've found out too. Although it's not THAT easy. You still have to bash them for your life, so to speak.

Had this game from the amazingly frickin' ace Play-Asia for around two weeks, and it's brilliant. Heard from Ed-Epitaxis (or something like that) on rllmuk.com that it isn't very good, but damn, how wrong he is!

This game is ace, and just the right difficulty. I know it's possible. And there's so many different ways of playing it (clapping on the sides, using your thumb and forefinger for two-hand drumrolls - just press down alternatively really fast).

BUT! One of the best things about the game, is the multi-player possibilities with one set of bongos.

You can have the bongos, bash them as much as you like, and have a friend/brother/family person clapping their hands off. It makes it a hell of a lot of fun.

OR! As hard as it sounds (and is!), you can have one bongo, so can another person, and have another standing behind (or wherever) clapping. EXTREME THREE PLAYER!!

Man, I love this game.

Comment

Can someone point out to me...

1) How to preview the sounds before you buy them?

2) What the 1 to 4 player mode does? You seem to earn either Music or Sounds by playing this mode, unlike the normal mode where you get coins.

3) Actually can someone explain what each mode's target is and what it provides bonus wise?

Comment

I got the US version today, its the first game Cella actually likes!!! Can't call Sims a game, meh.

Comment

I love it..I really really love it...funnest game ever!!

Comment

Working...
                              X