No announcement yet.

Batman Arkham Knight(multi format) review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the links Chimpington, seems Bats isn't the total thug I took him for lol! Mind you I've only read Arkham Asylum. Death of the Family, The Killing Joke, and the utterly horrible Joker. I'll follow up your 'leads'.../ahem

Comment

Its just more of the same, but its nicely done and my good does the game look utterly stunning. There's some jaw-dropping moments in this game of what you think must be FMV, but its real time

Comment

i can only advise anyone considering picking up the PC version to wait for a patch that rules out performance problems. it's very poorly optimized as even high end gaming PCs seem to have trouble running the game smoothly. my setup can run The Witcher on 1080p and a mix of high and ultra settings with constant 30 fps but in Batman shows framedrops from the capped 30 to 10 -15 fps while driving in the batmobile.

Comment

A bit late to the party, but I've just seen that the PS4 version has Classic TV Show Batman skin!
          I wish it popped up "BIFF", "POW" and "ZLOTT" as you punched the perps.

Comment

this game has so many rage inducing moments, generally involving the batmobile and the ****ing italian job i makes me want to smash my tv

Comment

Pc version has been pulled from the virtual shelves by Warner with those who bought it told to seek a refund.

Comment

Interesting move from WB. After the drubbing they got for the MKX port as well I'm assuming they don't fancy the bad PR getting further out of control. Fortunately I had another run with the game last night and it definitely looks like I need a lot of on screen vehicles to battle for the framerate to dip below 30fps. As I'm not going to get any better a performance than that on console I'm not bothering to refund and wait, happy to hold out for an eventual patch as though it is sloppy, it really does seem like the noisiest complaints are from those wanting to run it at 100% 60fps 1080p or above

Comment

It's beginning to look like I've lucked out by generally getting console equivalent performance out of the game. A common telltale between those who get decent performance and those who don't over on GAF seems to be how much RAM your PC has. Those with 16GB seem to be doing okay but most with less are having a lot of issues

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                    It's beginning to look like I've lucked out by generally getting console equivalent performance out of the game. A common telltale between those who get decent performance and those who don't over on GAF seems to be how much RAM your PC has. Those with 16GB seem to be doing okay but most with less are having a lot of issues
                    Yeah for a bit, but the game has serious memory leak issues both for general system, and especially gfx card. I mean low textures running 3gb??? bahahahaha.

When you consider steam takes a minimum 30% cut of sales, and this doesn't get returned to the publisher in the case of refunds...its no wonder they have pulled it.

What a shambles, and honestly this could be the straw that breaks the camels back in terms of releasing garbage.
                    Last edited by PaTaito; 25-06-2015, 11:35.

Comment

Hopefully, it does feel like there's been a run of lazy on the cheap PC ports of late with no excuse for it, especially given the bigger market Steam etc offer compared to the old PC days.

Comment

i don't know but somehow the combat feels a bit shallow, like i am not realy in control.

another funny (or maybe not so funny) thing is the PC version, even with Nvidia game work FX on, lacks some FX that are found in the console versions.

Comment

I cannot believe that they can't produce easy ports, its beyond a joke.

Just goes to show, i mean we all thought this gen would mean ease of porting across the board, given how the hardware is all so similar, but all it proves is that no saving is ever enough for these greedy bastard publishers.

Rumor has it WB gave Iron Galaxy only six weeks to do the job, and they are not experienced in PC porting at that. I hope this spanking teaches them a hard lesson.
                          Last edited by PaTaito; 25-06-2015, 16:19.

Comment

i've read the devs are experienced in ports and do it all the time so it's more likely that WB and Rocksteady are more to blame here. 6 weeks for porting a console game to a fragmented platform like PC is a bad joke. if true this surely will be the reason for the poor outcome.

unfortunatly i can't return the game as i bought my Steam key from cdkeyes.com. but if i could i am not sure i would. i payed 22 Euro including the HQ DLC and the PS4 version would set me back 50 Euros - that's more then double the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                              Hopefully, it does feel like there's been a run of lazy on the cheap PC ports of late with no excuse for it, especially given the bigger market Steam etc offer compared to the old PC days.
                              Originally posted by Uli View Post
                              i payed 22 Euro including the HQ DLC and the PS4 version would set me back 50 Euros - that's more then double the price.
                              I'd say that's one of the reasons PC ports are still handled as an afterthought, despite the large, and ever increasing, user base. Much lower profit margins and the lack of a consolidated (i.e., unique) distribution channel which makes controlling the prices much harder than publishers would like.

Comment

There's no money in big budget pc gaming which is why you get lazy ports, piracy is the bigget issue then there's the The expectation that the game should cost 2.99 in a steam sale.

Comment

Working...
                                X