Batman Arkham Knight(multi format) review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batman Arkham Knight(multi format) review

The dark knight returns in which a first for new gen.Graphics are excellent(PS4 version played).Gotham is brought to life with excellent neon lighting.The wet look of the city and glistening of Batman's cape is superb.The batmobile is portrayed brilliantly and really looks and handles great.The glow from the brake discs as it screeches to a halt is an excellent touch.
    I have only played for 30 mins or so,with most of this time gliding around the beautiful environment.Some reviews have pointed out that the batmobile sections seems to forced on you,as of yet I cannot confirm this.
    Early days into this title but it looks and plays superbly.The bat has returned in a new gen,neon gothic fest which looks to not disappoint

Edit my PS4 copy came with Harley Quinn story pack and Scarecrow nightmare mission and skin pack,not to sure if this is standard
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

Still downloading on the pc ..but seems to be getting slated on the pc tons of comments like

Bad performance.
    30fps LOCK
    Stutter, soundbugs, etc.
    Bad looking textures

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
      Still downloading on the pc ..but seems to be getting slated on the pc tons of comments like

Bad performance.
      30fps LOCK
      Stutter, soundbugs, etc.
      Bad looking textures
      That's very disappointing to know!

You would think that WB and Rocksteady would have learned something after the messy Arkham City PC launch.

Comment

It's getting ripped apart on Steam. I imagine it's going to be the first "major upset" of Steam's new refund policy.

Last time I checked, there were hundreds of reviews, and twice as many negatives as positives.

Comment

Just spent an hour playing this so here are my first early impressions, I have to say it is simply superb. Arkham Knight is just so satisfying to play, the combat is fluid and is addictive as ever, but im loving the increase of goons you battle at once. I haven't played Arkham City since i finished it a few years ago so this new entry is just so fresh for me.

I have only been playing for an hour but so far the story has already grabbed me, it has a great start and i cannot wait to start playing it again and following the story. It has already captured my attention and not wishing to go overboard with only an hours play it is very encouraging and im finding it much more engrossing than my other favorite game of the year, The Witcher 3. This game grabbed me with the game world, but the story is not for me all that great.

One thing that hasnt changed is just how powerful that i feel when playing as Batman, it feels fantastic, not many games seam able to re-create this feeling for me. I love the Witcher 3 very much and Gerhalt is a great character but i for some reason i dont feel all that mighty playing as Gerhalt as i do as Batman, very interesting.

The big show piece feature for Arkham Knight is of course the Batmobile and wow what a vehicle it is. I must say i had my doubts as to how it would both fit and play but Rocksteady have really pulled it off. When you first get it, for me it is one of the rare feelings in video games i have rarely experienced. For me it is on par with say first getting the reigns of Epona in Ocarina of Time and strangely getting the Lightsabre for the first time in Jedi Knight. It is an amazing thing, its loud, fast and has some damn explosive firepower, it just looks so good.

Im so glad i bought myself and Xbox One at the weekend because i was planning on getting it for PC but after what im reading on Steam about how much of a mess it is, makes me even more glad about my choice. Anyway these are my first impression, and so far, brilliant.

Comment

Glad your enjoying it Gambit
            Played a little more this morning but I won't get a decent break until tomorrow evening
            Downloaded the dlc also this morning,so looking forward to getting back to this superb looking title

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post

Bad performance.
              30fps LOCK
              Stutter, soundbugs, etc.
              Bad looking textures
              I think many PC gamers have become quite accustomed to playing ports of 360 games and haven't upgraded their PCs in line with the games being upgraded.

Batman is using Unreal engine, which is a very stable and mature engine, so performance issues are likely to be down to the hardware being underpowered aren't they?

Anyway, I've played a little of it on Xbox One, it's a stunning looking game. Had a proper next gen moment during the intro as you realise you are actually playing a game.

Comment

It seems that even powerful of machines are showing the game using a lot more VRAM than people expect. I guess that is the downside of the Consoles having large amounts of Unified RAM, the games start being made to fill it up.

Comment

PC version sounds horrid, 30fps lock has to be removed by editing a .ini file, people with Titan x/980ti struffling to hit 60fps @ 1080p 0_o

Comment

Anyone else preorder the limited edition and get a digital copy free on account of the delay? Pretty sure people who preordered the batmobile edition got jack.

Fortunately, I'm in the prior camp.

Comment

That's because the limited edition got delayed to July.
                      Batmobile edition melted and got cancelled.

Comment

Still, WB might have offered something in terms of compensation. I've still got a PS4 hard copy of the game I could happily cancel at this point (won't as I want the CE bits and pieces) but still, free copy of the game just for preordering. I would have personally made the season pass the freebie. To delay the game further by less than a month would hardly see people losing more sleep over it.

Comment

I've started playing this on PC and so far so good. I think if your rig isn't of a high enough spec or your the type of PC gamer who is anal about absolutely having to have 60fps solid etc then it's a fail. For me it seems to run pretty much the same as the PS4 breakdowns describe with the only sub 30fps occasion so far being a Batmobile battle with 12 other tanks. Other than that there's been the odd bit of barely noticeable stuttering (usually at times where its streaming most) but so far so good.

It's a good looking game too, the Batmobile pretty much replaces the gliding most the time and is pretty straight forward but coupled with the mission menu system it helps make the game feel like a Batman Simulator more than ever before.

The game seems like it'll be a good size too, plenty moneys worth especially as I've paid ?35 on this in total for the game and the season pass. Ka-ching!

Comment

Keep reading complaints from reviewers saying there's always too much action in these games, seeing as Bats is meant to be "the world's greatest detective". I've read a few of these comics over the years, and all he ever seems to do is stomp around smashing through skylights and punching folk in the throat. Can anyone recommend any Bat comics with actual detective work in it?

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                              Keep reading complaints from reviewers saying there's always too much action in these games, seeing as Bats is meant to be "the world's greatest detective". I've read a few of these comics over the years, and all he ever seems to do is stomp around smashing through skylights and punching folk in the throat. Can anyone recommend any Bat comics with actual detective work in it?
                              That's pretty accurate with the throat-punching!

Funnily enough we talked about Batman comics as Arkham Asylum was coming out way back in 2009:
                              Friendly Import video game discussion forum, informative reviews, NTSC (Japan / US) and PAL - BordersDown (previously known as NTSC-uk)

IGN did a nice list of the top 25 Batman stories:

I liked Hush. There's some lovely artwork and a mystery to solve.

Here's a list of some of Batman's deductive work:
                              A Batman fan-site blog that showcases the greatest feats of Batman aka The Dark Knight as shown in DC Comics.

Comment

Working...
                              X