Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assassin's Creed Chronicles (PS4, XBone, PC) review

First Episode - China

Picked this up cheap on the PS4 sale and I'm glad I did, I've been hammering it for the past week or so.

I love platformers and this one is really enjoyable. There's a good mix of gameplay, like with the last Splintercell you can play 3 main way, stealth no kills (though a few are mandatory) ; stealthy assassinations and all out combat.

The levels are reasonably varied and there a few different paths and ways they can be tackled. There is also a plus game where you can use previously gained abilities etc. So I found it extremely re-playable. I think I'll probably have done about

In terms of controls they've gone a little bit overboard and some combinations were almost impossible (due to how I hold my DS4) but all in all they've done a pretty amazing job. I had no issues with the platforming, some slight issues (though I admit caused partly by me) in terms of moving up/hanging but that was minor.

All in all great little Metroidvania-ish platformer set in the AC universe. Bring on the next one.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
Working...
X