No announcement yet.

Rare Replay Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gave it a quick go after the controls patch, I'm interested to try it out again but I reckon it'll still be one of Rare's weaker ones for me.

Comment

I played JFG to an inch of its life, collected all the little blighters, but could never beat the final boss

Comment

Originally posted by The Moleman View Post
        Anyone tried Jet Force Gemini yet? Am I the only person in the world that likes that game?
        I loved it on the 64. Strangely I've yet to try it on the collection.

Comment

I loved JFG too. The title music was awesome!! I fired it up the other day from this collection just to hear it!! Sounds just as good as ever!! Still looks lovely too with lots of bright colours!!

Comment

Yes, the control system on the N64 version took a little getting used to, but I managed to 100% the sucker, and beat it properly. Definitely enjoyed it, but I agree it can be a bit marmite.
            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Totally finished Blast Corps yesterday, managed to get a few platinum medals too.

Working my way through Banjo 1 now.

The camera movement isn't great on these games and really shows how things in this department have improved over the years, we pretty much take it for granted now. Aside this they are still incredibly well made and fun games to play.

Comment

Done all the first 5 snapshots on Jet Pack and now playing Bad Fur Day. Loving the game and so happy they chose the N64 game and not the Xbox remake as that was censored. Are the graphics the same as the N64? They look a little too clean for that system.

Comment

My jet pack refuelled fails to install at 100%

Is there any way I can just delete this one game and go for another installation or do I have to delete everything

When I drill into that game I get the command delete all and would rather not delete everything just to reinstall it all again

Comment

Mine is doing the same.

Delete jetpack from my games and apps.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                      Done all the first 5 snapshots on Jet Pack and now playing Bad Fur Day. Loving the game and so happy they chose the N64 game and not the Xbox remake as that was censored. Are the graphics the same as the N64? They look a little too clean for that system.
                      It renders the game with 20x the number of pixels of the N64 game :P

Comment

Thanks boris

Sorted it yesterday - was concerned by the delete all, just didn't want to delete everything just to get jet pack

When I deleted it, I went to reinstall it and it installed immediately which I thought was weird but it's working now

Comment

Anyone getting any crashes? Played cobra triangle, snake rattle and roll and then blast corps. First two where great but blast corps froze on the first level.

Can't complain at one crash though as I recently hooked my old n64 up and hands down this is the best way to play these old games on a modern tv, the n64 was really washed out when I tried it over scart and nearly impossible to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                            Anyone getting any crashes? Played cobra triangle, snake rattle and roll and then blast corps. First two where great but blast corps froze on the first level.

Can't complain at one crash though as I recently hooked my old n64 up and hands down this is the best way to play these old games on a modern tv, the n64 was really washed out when I tried it over scart and nearly impossible to see.
                            Mine crashed a lot on Blast Corps. I shut the system down and disconnected the power. It has worked fine since then, so far?
                            So yeah, try turning it off and on again

Comment

Ah the old IT Fix all lol

Comment

I'm jealous of Xbox One owners because of this title...retro compilations are my fave things of all! But I don't wanna buy an Xbox One!!

Gah...couldn't they just rip out the 360 titles and do the rest as a digital download on 360 for like a tenner or summat?

'Cos I'd BUY!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X